Cod Blops 3 Releases Nuketown Map For All

Call of Duty doesn’t really have time for ‘classic’ maps, given that a new game comes jumping across time and space every year (smart money says 2016’s CoD will pit World War 1 Tommies against robotic Visigoths from the future). CoD’s Black Ops subseries has run long enough to establish Nuketown as a staple – though since Blops 2 it’s been held back as a pre-order bonus. Well, now all and sundry can visit that old nuke-testing model town in Cod Blops 3 [official site], as it’s finally free to all players.

Nuk3town, as it’s called in Blops 3, is a remake of Blops’s calling card, tweaked to account for all the parkour, rocketpacks, and icy hot stunts. This time, it’s presented as a computer simulation. Have a gander:

Also, it has this unpleasant easter egg with creepy ‘Weeping Angel’ mannequins (skip to 2 minutes to see them in action):

Nuk3town has been added to the main playlists, and Treyarch are also running a ‘Nuk3town 24/7′ playlist for the first week.

I’m only an occasional CoD player, skipping many years entirely, so I’m curious: what would you consider CoD’s classic maps, or want to see more often? DICE keep finding ways to bring back Battlefield 1942’s Wake Island map, and Counter-Strike’s Dust is ever-present, not to mention remade by fans in pretty much FPS with a level editor.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. MrFinnishDude says:

Did… did that soldier in the trailer just say “Haters gonna hate”?
    I dont even know anymore. I just don’t.

Thurgret says:

Yes. I assume such phrases appeal to one of their core audiences: teenagers. Someone will probably contest that, but entirely anecdotally it’s true, since nobody I’d game with plays CoD, but I work at a school, and lots of kids there seem to, or at least talk about it.

• MrFinnishDude says:

But “haters gonna hate” went out of fashion back around 2011. No one takes it seriously except 12 year old kids because they dont know better. Oh wait a second, consideting COD’s primary audience it might have been a good move.

• int says:

Or maybe it’s just a joke, and it’s perhaps pointed at the very loud CoD haters who seem to regard themselves superior for simply not playing a game.

• Razumen says:

What, people took it seriously in the first place? It’s just a phrase, not a movement’s modus operandi.

Grizzly says:

I am thoroughly enthralled by that second video.

3. Ivosaur says:

This has seriously aggravated me if I’m being honest, first they add content behind a microtransaction paywall after I bought the season pass, now they give away the content I paid for! £70 for the BO3 Game + Season Pass and the extra perks for buying it are being given away, at this point I feel like I’ve been conned out of money because my extra perks for paying a huge price is being given away.