Telltale Announce Extra Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes

Telltale’s episodic adventure Minecraft: Story Mode [official site] is due to wrap up this month an- oh no, no it isn’t. Telltale today announced that the fifth episode of their storytelling spin-off will launch next Tuesday, March 29th, but also announced that it won’t be the final episode. Another three parts are coming later this year, Telltale now say, “post-season episodes” sold as DLC beyond the original five-episode season pass.

Telltale say, “These continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone will follow the additional escapades of Jesse and the group as they explore new and unfamiliar worlds beyond their own.” They don’t have much to reveal about them beyond that, but they do have a little to say about what will go down in Episode Five:

“On a tip from Ivor, Jesse and friends head to an abandoned temple holding mysterious treasures. Ambushed by former Ocelot Aiden and his crew, our heroes find themselves in an entirely new world: Sky City! As they explore, the Order finds that resources are at a premium, and nothing but ‘The Void’ exists below the known world. When Aiden convinces Sky City’s ruler that the New Order of the Stone are up to no good, you’ll need to make some tough choices to clear your name, and keep Aiden from destroying an innocent world.”

Mostly I’m excited about this announcement because it mentions the character voiced by Paul Reubens, which reminds me that Pee-wee’s Big Holiday came out while I was on holiday. I now know what I’m doing tonight.

From this site

1. dontnormally says:

I am curious, RPS commenters:

If I thoroughly enjoyed Wolfamongous and simply liked The Walking Dead stuff, would I dig these Minecraft Telltales?

I’ve been considering getting into more of their stuff (Borderlands, Game of Thrones) since the Fables game really worked for me.

• JakeOfRavenclaw says:

I’d be curious to hear opinions too; I’ve loved Telltale’s recent stuff, but wondered if this one might be a little *too* kid-oriented. Not that there’s anything wrong with kid-friendly stuff if the story is still interesting, of course.

If you like Wolfamongous I’d definitely give Tales from the Borderlands a shot. It’s easily my favorite thing they’ve done yet, and the more humorous tone does wonders to keep it feeling fresh.

• demicanadian says:

Go to youtube, search for minecraft roleplaying gameplays (there’s MILLIONS of them) and see if it’s for you.

Story Mode is for those 6yo kids who prefer watching roleplaying gameplays on youtube instead of of playing normal minecraft that lacks this magical adventures.

• DingDongDaddio says:

I’ve only watched the first Episode but it was awful. Minecraft has NO lore to build off of so it just turns in to a crappy kids cartoon. You could have made this game about anything and it wouldn’t have changed a thing, other than the lousy self-referential jokes.

If you like Minecraft, you’d be better off just playing Minecraft. The stories you come up with in your own world are far more fascinating.

• TheMightySeal says:

The game is amazing im 15 and it was incredible i played to episode 5 (only 1- 5 out at the moment) and the story ,even though some people complain, is awesome and you get attached to characters such as jesse or reuben so the game is worth buying if you like minecraft or a good story based game . I also enjoyed the cliff hanger at the end of episode 5 its amazing so play dont hate until you play it and dont watch it because you dont get the full experiance ( ill admit episode 1 is a little slow but other then that its super fun) just giving my opinion so try not to rant about this

• TheMightySeal says:

• Phasma Felis says:

You know how Pixar manages to make stuff that is perfectly understandable and appealing for young children, but is also smart enough to keep adults interested?

M:SM doesn’t do that. The dialogue and wit are all squarely focused on anodyne entertainment for 8-year-olds.

(It’s possible they got better after the first episode, I suppose, but I didn’t stick around to find out.)

2. brucethemoose says:

I bet this is Taletell’s cash cow… I knew there was no way they’d stop at episode 5.

3. VeNT666 says:

So if you shelled out for the whole DLC season pass deal these are not included? I’d feel pretty sides
    Stiffed if I’d bought that tbh.

4. Monggerel says:

Minecraft Story Mode is incredible and everyone should play it.