What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

The Easter holiday is upon us! As you may have noticed, we’re running a reduced service for these four days as we go lark about in the sunshine, chasing rabbits and guzzling the guts from chocolate eggs. Is there time for video games this weekend?

Did I ever tell you about my signature cocktail, reader dear? The Bad Alice (that name’s another story). It’s a concoction of Baileys and Coke which curdles, foams, and separates into mousse and boozy juice, invented as a punishment for someone who said “Get me anything” when I offered to buy them a drink. Nonspecificity is to be punished, and silence more so. People who don’t reply when I ask what they’re playing this weekend? We’ll have to see what can be done about that.

Adam: Alice knows what I’m playing this weekend and yet she still asks. I’m playing Dark Souls III. It will be my bread, my water and my wine. It will be my Easter Egg. Easter is a time of rebirth and resurrection, but not for me. Not this year. I’m preparing to die.

It’s probably worth nothing that, yes, with a game like this I do get slightly anxious that I’m going to struggle to finish it before the review deadline. Wish me luck.

Alec: [Something real naughty, I’m sure.]
Alice: I want to run and jump in this cool Scottish spring, having just returned from the hell that is San Francisco spring, but… TrackMania Turbo just came out, and I’m thinking about Devil Daggers again, and I never did finish Californium. I should’ve found somewhere to stay away from computers, close to water and hills. Maybe there’s still time.
Graham: I will be playing Easter Holiday Simulation, which means I will likely not be playing games. I know! I know! But I’m looking forward to eating food and looking at trees and sleeping instead.
John: [Something extra naughty yeah I guess.]
Philippa: [Playing with matches, I bet – the worst of the worst.]

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

The Almighty Moo says:

Continuing KOTOR 2 with the Sith Lords content as part of my retro/ classic gaming spree (Free space 2 was before this) and playing HellDivers in multi with friends which is hilarious. I love how much people get into the swing of yelling “FREEDOM” and other such nonsense playing it. My unplayed category on steam grows by the hour so there will be some catching up soon.

• tciecka says:

Chelsea and the 7 Devils. Metroidvania games really scratch the gaming itch, well.

• DFX2KX says:

Oh wow, not the only one who’s been playing KOTOR II. I approve!

The Almighty Moo says:

The only problem I have with it is that the content restoration has (so far) been so seamless that I’m not sure what it has restored or where. Kreia has just wandered off and I’ve just finished having a good old natter with Atris about it and so far it’s been amazingly smooth sailing.

2. thaquoth says:

I’m going to try and work my way through Ribbiks’ oeuvre of Doom wads after being utterly enchanted by his “Swim with the Whales”. His specific combination of hauntingly beautiful and mercilessly difficult results in an aesthetic that I’ve never seen anywhere else before. Like a deep sea dance of death.

I think I’m gonna try out some of his other smaller efforts before tackling his and dannebubinga’s magnum opus “Sunlust”.

3. Jac says:

Trackmania Turbo and easter eggs with unrelenting glee.

4. Anthile says:

I’m playing both Analogue: A Hate Story and Shadow Complex Remastered.
    They should really just be one game, with the story of the former and the gameplay of the latter.

• Person of Interest says:

I’m also in the middle of Analogue: A Hate Story this weekend. Though I worry my attention will stray before I discover all the endings.

The Almighty Moo says:

Shadow Complex was an excellent Metroid game. Not sure why they chose to make it without Samus though…

• mouton says:

Shadow Complex’s Story wasn’t bad for what it was. It was very simple, sure, but it did not try to be as stupid as possible, which is usually the fate of similar plots.

5. Pich says:

Finally killed Grigori in Dragon’s Dogma. Now the hard part of the game begins (fucking hellhounds).

• GWOP says:

Have you ventured into Bitterblack Isle yet?

I only dared to really delve into it with post-game equipment in NG+. Still didn’t feel like it was enough, with those random Garms, Elder Ogres, and Death…

• Lintire says:

Matt Daimon’s Funtime Gauntlet, especially once you unlock v2, really makes the game. Dragon’s Dogma is fantastic, but the overworld pales to Bitterblack Isle’s hyper-dungeon.

6. Spacewalk says:

My signature cocktail is mixing together whatever bottles I find under the sink.

I’m playing Samorost 3. I did a bit of that already and I felt well clever doing the card puzzle so I’m looking out if there’s any more of that (being clever like, not necessarily card puzzles).

• welverin says:

You really shouldn’t drink the cleaning supplies.

• Sarfrin says:

Although if you did, you’d probably dream Samorost 3 in the resulting toxic stupor. That’s what I’m playing too.

7. Ejia says:

This is a weekend for first person puzzlers, which I will play alphabetically. First, Antichamber, then The Ball, then… uh… The Talos Prin-C-ple?

• Person of Interest says:

Or, perhaps, The Witness?

I was consumed by that game for a week, and swore I’d revisit the game after “beating” it, but (as silly as this sounds) I keep recalling Jon Blow’s comments about piracy and it sours my memory of the game. Denuvo is this decade’s Securom, and I will never play a game that uses it. So when Blow entertains the idea of using such an intrusive DRM for his next game, I kind of regret supporting him.

8. leeder krenon says:

I finished Californium yesterday, a very unique gaming ride. It’s only about 3 hours long Alice so that is a very achievable goal!

9. Morte66 says:

Looks like I’m finishing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl (for maybe the fourth time).

I’m using the Complete mod, but I’m voluntarily not repairing guns/armour or trading them with other stalkers. I wanted to retain the frontier scavenging mood of the original SOC, which changed in the later games. I wouldn’t want all open world shooters to be like this, but it’s good once in a while.

I tried the O.G.S.E. mod as well, but it doesn’t seem quite ready (not fully translated). I will keep an eye on that, because it seems like a very well conceived mod where somebody has taken a step back and thought about what is worth having, rather than shoving in everything they could.

Later I may play some more “go through all the Steam games you haven’t touched in ages, give them an hour on the kitchen timer, then either uninstall them or keep playing”.

• YogSo says:

I’ve also been playing the latest OGSE version (, and I haven’t noticed any missing translations. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Even if it’s called a mod, OGSE is actually standalone and has to be installed in its own folder (you don’t even need to have SoC on your computer at the same time).

About the mod itself, I wouldn’t say it’s not another case of ‘everything plus the kitchen sink’ approach: it adds lots of new quests, a few cut areas (Darkscape, Deadcity), a ton of new weapons, mutants, functional vehicles, both visible and invisible anomalies, blowouts, psy emissions… I’m not dissing it, mind, I’m having fun with it, but I think its real appeal is for those veteran players that want to experience SoC again but with the mystery and uncertainty of a newcomer: in OGSE, things are both familiar and very different at the same time (especial kudos for adding an option for a ‘peaceful’ resolution for rescueing Nimble, since it’s probably the most replayed part of the game being as it is the first quest in vanilla SoC). Oh, and it is hard, very hard. Or maybe that’s because I’m playing on Master difficulty.

10. Javier says:

I’m more than 20 hours into the original Dark Souls for the first time. Arrived in Anor Londo and I’m halfway through it. I get why so many people enjoy the game so much and there’s much I can appreciate, but I’m certainly not crazy about it. Not sure I’ll ever want to play any other Souls game. Dumb, but I believe the only reason I’ve made it this far is so no one can say that I didn’t get it or that I gave up too early. But my feelings about it haven’t really changed that much since I started it. “Achieving victories” is nonetheless an awesome feeling, even when none of the bosses have proved to be much of an issue (except for the first few ones before discovering how important weapon upgrades are, something no one ever really explains to you or hints at).

• Anthile says:

Very good!

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

I was going to say, if that only took you 20 hours you’re doing seriously well. You might have missed some optional/secret areas I guess but then that just makes the game harder anyway!

If you’re not enjoying it, you’re not enjoying it, no point playing on but just to say: Anor Londo and the boss at the end is a bit of a gear change, a lot of people struggle there and the game gets a mite harder after that. If you’ve lacked a challenge so far you may find it picking up very soon.

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

When I say struggle, I mean the boss took me 20+ attempts and made me take a 6 month break before finding the courage to persevere with it. Plus forced me to scrape missed areas dry of souls and gear to get and level up a super weapon that saw me through the rest of the game.

• Kitsunin says:

The thing I love about that boss is that while it’s a real difficulty spike, it’s also pretty much the best designed fight in the whole game, so you (well, I) don’t mind one little bit.

• Shazbut says:

The boss of Anor Londo took me a third of my overall playtime up to that point. Beating it was one of my proudest gaming moments and not once did it feel boring, unfair or repetitive, even as I died for what seemed like the millionth time.

• Immobile Piper says:

20 hours? Quick!

I would, in very broad terms, divide Dark Souls in to two parts. Everything up to Anor Londo, and everything afterwards. It’s a good game through and through but certainly felt a bit rushed on the tail end of it. If it hasn’t clicked so far it won’t click for you later.

• Javier says:

To be fair, it’s 24 hours in to be exact, I discovered how important weapon upgrades are by Googling a bit after getting stuck at the bell gargoyles and I have checked a walkthrough a couple of times after getting lost for hours just so that I could figure out where I was supposed to go next. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ve stumbled across any optional or hidden areas yet. I know figuring this stuff out by yourself is an integral part of the game, but I’m not that patient when it comes to something I’m not enjoying that much. Had I figured out everything on my own the length of my playthrough would have been a bit more usual. For instance, after the gargoyles I went straight to the catacombs and made it quite deep into them searching for the bell before feeling a bit too lost and realising thanks to Google that I had completely forgotten about the locked door leading down to the lower levels of the Undead Burg. I must have leveled up a bit too much down in the catacombs because everything afterwards I’ve gone through rather quickly. I’ve just been getting my ass handed to me this morning by the weird thin gargoyles and the archers in Anor Londo after you bring down the missing section of the bridge, so I think it might be time again to upgrade my weapons a bit or something. If the game ramps up the difficulty now it might be enough to put me off it. As quickly as I’ve made it through everything since Blighttown dying more often is not exactly what I feel is missing from the game. Don’t take me wrong, there’s much I like, I love the intricate level design, how everything connects, the very unique feeling of the world, the visual storytelling, the tense combat… But it’s too focused on it and on learning through repetition (very roguelike-like), so when it all comes together, I’m still missing a more prominent narrative, exploration that’s not focused on finding more enemies and/or objects… I guess I’d basically enjoy a more ordinary RPG, and I get Dark Souls isn’t aiming for that, and that’s cool. It’s still quite addictive and if it doesn’t start killing me more often than I’d hope I might still finish it.

• klo3 says:

The archers of Anor Londo are infamous but you will make it pass them eventually. You can try to dodge their arrows.

Whatever you do, just make sure you make it past the next boss as there will be a nice chest and everything. Hell, some might even consider an item you receive to alter the game play and to make the game just that much more enjoyable.

• Immobile Piper says:

There’s a smith in Anor Londo, I don’t think you can miss it before hitting the boss room.

I would say that the best way to experience a Souls game is not to go in blind, but to go in blind with an experienced friend you can ask for guidance as needed. Checking for help online is an adequate substitute but risks spoilers. Dark Souls is too obtuse at times, weapon upgrades system being a good example.

Narrow walkways and knockback arrows are a bit bullshit though. There’s not many of them and its reasonably easy to kill them once you figure out how to dodge the arrows. Still annoying.

• Unsheep says:

Yeah I find that having one of these games is more than enough.

People got hyped over Dark Souls simply because media elevated the difficulty of it, they turned the game into a fashion item. The reason the very same media ignored Demon’s Souls was because click-baiting was not really invented back then, or at least not ethically justifiable for a professional media outlet.

11. welverin says:

I finished AC4 and the Aveline missions, and moved onto Freedom Cry, so I have that to finish.

There is also a good chance to be some TF2, SF5, and maybe Destiny squeezed in as whim and others determine.

• gabrielonuris says:

I’ll be playing some more AC4 too, but I won’t touch the DLC… I don’t know, but I’m starting to get really burned by the icon filled, to-do list kind of “RPG” Ubisoft insists to release every year; It’s a beautiful game, but even the main quests are turning into a chore where you simply follow someone (who walks faster than you, but runs slower than you) or have to babysit an NPC; I want “The Witcher 3” kind of love from now on, sorry Ubi…

12. Sp4rkR4t says:

Trackmania Turbo, Rocket League, The Division & Plague Inc. Evolved are my staple this weekend.

13. Parrilla says:

Black Desert is still taking up the majority of my free time. Going to try and grind to 50 this weekend.

14. Darth Gangrel says:

I’m at the end of my second Deus Ex HR playthrough. Then I’ll be done with the game and it’s time to start another one, continuing my eternal backlog reducing voyage. Because of this, I’ve decided to explore everything, which is easiest if everyone is dead and all electronics disabled. It’s fun to see how differently NPC:s respond to that compared to my first ghosting playthrough.

To make things even more different and reduce the been-there-done-that feeling, I choose the douche dialogue options at every turn. I was a nice guy the first time (I’m usually nice while roleplaying), but no nore Mr Nice Guy this time.

zigguratvertigo says:

Day Of The Tentacle. A remaster worth doing, I feel.

16. RegisteredUser says:

I am finally into Divinity OS EE and good lord just the first city and leveling to level 4 seems like it is longer than most games in their entirety. What a blessing to finally have turn based combat in an RPG again, even if otherwise a lot of the mechanics are quite a bit obfuscated due to ironically too much freedom to become anything.

17. Andrew says:

Do you think Alec and John doing something naughty together? And Pip provides illumination for them? Is there shipping fiction about RPS peeps? To the googlemobile!

Oh, right. I’m replaying “Red Dead Redemption”. By accident! It was there, I pressed the button, and next thing you know… Why it’s not on PC is still baffles me.

• Andrew says:

Oh, I forgot, I have an excuse: long story short, I’m playing with DualShock 4. Testing it, you know. For science.

18. lowprices says:

I think I’ve hit my skill cap on Devil Daggers at 194.86, so while that’s probably it for me on that game.

Other than that, I’ve gotten heavily into Stardew Valley, so this long weekend will be spent harvesting parsnips and potatoes.

particlese says:

I will continue dagging devils this weekend, as I just bested my friend’s 180-ish seconds with 191 seconds, and he’s a much better FPS player than me. I’ve never been much for videogame competitiveness, but this game just thrills the stuffing out of me. On top of that, when I raved about the game to my parents, my mom pointed out that I’m now in the top 10% in the world (as are you, high five!), and that completely baffles me. I should probably start playing at my desk instead of on an Ikea cutting board on my lap in front of the (non-TV) TV…

Besides that, I’ll be running around in ESO with some friends (including Mister Hundred-Eighty Seconds up there) and finishing planning the first new computer I’ll have made in more than 7 years.

• fish99 says:

Not sure there’s ever a skill cap in such a game, it’s just that progress becomes exponentially more time consuming. I’ve just gone from 203 to 219 which doesn’t sound like much of a jump, but it took about 10 hours to get there.

You just keep slowly improving – killing the waves more efficiently, and learning the order to kill stuff.

particlese says:

Teeeeechnically it’s possible to have a skill cap due to insurmountable physiological barriers, but more reasonably, yeah, “getting better isn’t worth my time” is a perfectly valid reason. And 3+ minutes is not too shabby!

I’ve been trying to figure out why I like the competitive aspect of this game so much, and I think it’s that nothing about it ever gets in your way, from the controls to those you’re competing against. You can get in your own way in various ways, or you might lack the time to get a better feel for it, or your computer might spontaneously turn into a 386, but Devil Daggers seems always ready to let you keep on improving without interference when those things change.

Disclaimer: I finally got the crazy hand and shot off a few homing daggers, so I’m freshly pumped up about the game. :D My time only improved by a couple seconds, but I’m getting better at clearing the room, like you said, giving me more time to absorb the shiny things before they disappear. I find trying to stay calm helps a ton at this stage. It’s hard to remember in the moment, but it seems to work.

(says the crazy hand)

• fish99 says:

I always remember to stay calm, but actually doing it is another matter :)

Played a ton this weekend and got to the point where I could get ~195 seconds most games but rarely more. Just made a breakthrough and got 249 seconds (30 second jump), but honestly I feel there’s always a bit of luck involved in your best run.

Definitely helps to get the worm dead the first time it appears, which is pretty hard, then to get the next 3 spiders. If you can survive that you get a little respite. I dunno how it’s possible to kill the 2nd worm though.

19. DeathPig says:

I purchased Kingdom Rush, my first ever tower defense game. Other than that I’ll be playing boob Tomb Raider Anniversary.

20. NetharSpinos says:

I’ll be having another crack at MechWarrior Online this weekend, to see if I can compare it favourably to Robocraft. Also continuing Icewind Dale 2, and if I get that done I’ll reinstall Neverwinter Nights 2 & start the Storm of Zehir adventure again.

21. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Started playing EVE Online again. 4th time I’ve been lured back in over the last 6 years. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Anyway. Any RPSers out there? Any tips for getting into low-sec PvP? Exciting as restarting my market trading empire is, I need to get in to some proper shenanigans this time, stop messing about in high.

Also Bloodborne, always Bloodborne.

22. Scumbag says:

Red Orchestra 2. This is mainly down to the fact the Western Front mod just got released and there are good populations.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I have been playing through Mark of the Ninja which aside from the writing for 12 year olds is a very good game. I especially like playing with the terror outfit and watching entire groups of guards shoot each other.

Once finished that I’m not going to get into anything too heavy. Hyper Light Drifter finally comes out next week so I just need something to hold me out until then. I haven’t played 5089 yet so I might give that a go. It’s supposed to basically be an updated version of 3089 which is a good thing.

I’ve been back into Rocket League playing Snow Day and listening to the Phife playlist on Tidal so more of that, for sure. There’s such a small player base for Snow Day that you almost always find a group of people who know what they’re doing.

• Lintire says:

Mark of the Ninja really shines, I’ve found anyway, when you just don the Stealth suit and sprint through levels like there’s no tomorrow.

Writing may have been a disaster overall but that ending sequence is still nice.

24. BrotherSurplice says:

Hopefully some Hearts of Iron 3, if I can perform the requisite techno-sorcery to get the multiplayer working. Probably a bit of EVE Online too, as the sneaky devils at CCP have given me ten days with which I can play for free.

25. jonahcutter says:

Far Cry Primal. All hud and elements turned off except interaction prompt and received-resources messages. No tagging enemies. Hard difficulty.

I was halfway through the game and burned out because it became so easy and I was thoughtlessly clearing icons. So I restarted this way. It makes for a much more immersive game. I make an exception with switching map elements on when I’m at a bonfire or big base, so I can get a general idea where to travel. I justify it by RPing that it’s information the other Wenja in the base pass along. I also switch on quest map markers as needed, as there’s not often enough description to go on.

It works quite well, and makes the game far far more immersive. It brings to the fore the beautiful art and audio design. The world of sound really opens up this way. All kinds of audio cues become apparent. Before playing this way I had never realized you can hear drums from the big bases in the distance, and this leads you to them.

Visual cues as well. It may seem laughably oblivious, but I had never before noticed Daysha Hand stones glow brightly at night.

I also remapped hunter vision to a key that forces me to take my hand off WASD. This way I only use it when stationary. It seemed a good compromise, and I RP it as heightened senses when I hold still and focus. And it makes you realize you can actually track some quests without even using it. The tracks and trails left often are discernible without it. Though you do sometimes have to make a measured guess as to direction, and actually lose and re-find the trail as you go. Which seems rather like actually tracking to me.

I still do use the owl and animals because I am the friggin beastmaster after all and I’m supposed to be a badass.

I highly recommend playing this way.

• Zenicetus says:

I like that idea of house-ruling hunter vision so you only use it when not moving. I’ll have to try that.

I stalled out on the game after getting the first weapon upgrades and pets, where it started to feel a little too easy. I had planned to give it another shot this weekend, and this should help. Maybe I’ll turn off more of the HUD too.

• jonahcutter says:

Turning off the hud helps immensely with upping diffculty. No tagging of enemies does as well.

And I forgot to mention I also turned off the aiming cursor. It may seem too hard at first (on hard difficulty at least), but with a little perseverance and practice and the aiming becomes instinctual without it. It makes headshots all the more satisfying without a cursor. And makes for some teeth-grinding farce the times you barely miss all around a stationary target 5 times in a row.

Also, keep your heal on the lowest, default, non-food level. It makes combat much more skirmish-y and cover more important, plus you get the eye-watering animations to go with it.

26. Lintire says:

Divine: Divinity.

It’s okay. Doesn’t benefit at all from being open-world, but the ambience is pretty killer and the day-night cycle is novel.

It’s basically Diablo, if Diablo had quests and storylines instead of a series of glorified errands.

• Ejia says:

Oh dear. I tried going back to Divine Divinity half a year ago. It’s strange that I am perfectly fine with the Baldir’s Gates and the Fallouts. but there is something in the art style of DD that turns me off.

Also, I keep confusing it and Sacred.

• malkav11 says:

Oh dear. Don’t do that. There are things to like about Sacred, but the writing is a bit shit and it’s much more about the ARPG than the world simulation or questing, whereas Divine Divinity is very much influenced by Ultima in terms of degree of simulation and reactivity to unusual approaches to tasks. It can also be very funny. There’s no question in my mind Divine Divinity is the better RPG and probably better game, both by a large margin.

27. Immobile Piper says:

Tabletop fun times with the missus. Battlelore 2 to be specific. We just finished our sixth game in our seven scenario “campaign” we’ve been playing. score is 3-3, I reckon the next scenario pair favours her but we’ll see. Just the base game so far, though I have expansion goodies opened and waiting to join in once the time is right.

On the PC side of things I got back into Dominions 4 PBEM scene so I’ll be ploughing through few turns of that this weekend. Nothing like taking a few moments in the evening to ponder how to best devastate the world and assert my dominance as the Lich King of all.

Nothing else much, been going through bit of a dry spell with games. Took a rage break from Dark Souls 2 after bouncing off of both Smelter Demon and Sir Alonne in the iron king DLC. I know I could just ignore those and go do some other stuff for a while but eh…

28. malkav11 says:

As predicted, last weekend I spent a bunch of time in Pillars of Eternity and made a fair bit of additional progress. Unfortunately, I hit one thing that made me not really want to keep playing: namely, the Alpine Dragon fight. Oh, it’s optional, as is another major dragon fight in the base game. So you would think that it wouldn’t be an obstacle. But the thing is, I’m a completionist. I’m not okay with leaving accomplishments like that on the table. And I just don’t know if I’m going to be able to do these fights because I don’t get on very well with PoE’s combat, they’re very hard (like, one-shot half your party in the first round hard, potentially), and it turns out that while I’ve been playing on Easy because see above re: the combat, that doesn’t affect the stats of monsters, only the composition of the encounter. And the dragon is the thing that’s hard. I should be able to hit the level cap before tackling either fight, hopefully, but not sure how much difference that’ll make. :(

Also got in the projected Marvel Heroes time, getting ol’ Matt Murdock from 1 to 60 in just a couple hours because of all the server-side XP boosts and the individual ones I was running to boot. He’s been revamped to be a pretty solid character, if not one I especially prioritize for late game play.

I think this weekend will be about more Oxenfree (pretty cool so far), maybe delving another few layers into the Ice-Bound Concordance (what a trip), and more Pillars if I talk myself into it. Still got 3 episodes of s2 Daredevil left to watch, too.

• Immobile Piper says:

How does PoE compare with Baldur’s Gate 2? That had a bunch of optional boss fights, dragons included. I seem to remember them being pretty hard until you levelled enough and got some kickass spells to just cheese through them.

• malkav11 says:

I don’t remember having nearly such a hard time dealing with BGII combat as I do with PoE (the issue is management and figuring out what the hell is going on, not the actual difficulty of the fights most of the time), but I don’t know if that was because I was just younger and more patient, because I was already deeply steeped in how D&D works whereas PoE’s system is new and not really well exposed/tutorialized, or because there’s some fundamental difference that brings it down.

richlamp says:

Coincidentally, I just resumed playing POE for the first time in a year and the Alpine Dragon has stumped me. It’s really frustrating because I feel like it requires a very specific way of playing to beat them, namely min/maxing and making sure you’ve got the right character builds, which has never interested me in CRPGs.

For what it’s worth I was never able to kill some of the dragons in BG2 either.

• Dicehuge says:

I loved BG2’s dragon fights but PoE’s are weirdly terrible. PoE’s very much have a sense of having to cheese it with repeating stuns over and over because of the stupid insta-kill abilities they have, which frustrates the hell out of me cos I thought PoE’s combat was pretty well balanced otherwise.

29. jadash says:

I’ll still be trying to get through The Division if I can make it to my pc during the holiday. It is a nice time.

On a side note I mistakenly made a Bad Alice as a teenager raiding my parents liquor cabinet (the spot next to the bleach under the sink). My favorite punitive cocktail, however, must be what the barman served me and a sad man who said he didn’t care years ago. I told the barman to make him the worst thing he could think of and I’d take one too. Tequila, Tobasco sauce and heavy cream. Maybe add that to your menu.

Philopoemen says:

Continuing the grind of The Division (solo), trying to get to DZ level 50, so I can actually buy something worthwhile. Given all I want is experience, the constant rogues killing me and and getting the exp penalty is making it slow going.

And tried scratching my wargaming itch with Warhammer 40K: Armageddon, but I think in hindsight, WW2 would have been the better choice.

31. Kunninlynguist says:

I’ve been playing Hard Reset recently and finished it off at the start of my Easter break. I was going to return to Invisible Inc, but found Bloodrayne & Bloodrayne 2 for $0.99 a piece on IndieGala and had to grab ’em. So, I’m currently playing Bloodrayne at the moment – a lot easier than what I remember it being!

Might also give Nocturne a blast if I can get it playing nice with a controller & Steam Link.

32. fish99 says:

Finished my second low chaos playthrough of Dishonored last night. Might go onto a high chaos second run through the DLCs now. I’ve never thought high chaos made sense for the main game storywise, since Corvo was Royal Protector, an honourable position, and given the personalities of Emily and Jessamine.

Managed to improve my best in Devil Daggers to 219 which got me to about 1,050 place, and I’ve killed the worm plenty of times now. The difficulty jump around when the second worm appears is insane.

What I want to playing is Dark Souls 3.

33. Zenicetus says:

Probably XCOM2 and Far Cry Primal.

I’ll also take a look at the 2nd Stage update for the new Master of Orion (Early Access) that just dropped. They added a few new races and expanded tactical combat options.

It’s still far from a complete and polished game, but it might be moving in that direction… regardless of some irate fans of the original MOO that were looking for basically a re-skin of MOO2. It isn’t that, but it could end up being fun to play anyway.

34. AlfieV says:

I shall mostly be navigating carefully and firing my broadsides wildly in Naval Action, interspersed with bouts of Rocket League.

35. Unsheep says:

DTM 2015, SBK X, WRC 5, Massive Assault, Julia Among the Stars.

Lords of Xulima, Star Wars Dark Forces, Darwinia, Star Trek (1992).

36. tigerfort says:

John was spotted in the middle of a local cricket pitch, using a diamond-encrusted obsidian hypodermic needle to extract the souls of novelists and forcing them into a box labelled “new point-and-click adventure ideas”. The soul-less husks he was dispatching to work in telesales.

37. Davie says:

Probably my FOURTEENTH (count ’em!) attempt at an Ironman Commander XCOM 2 campaign. I’ve made it further than any of the others in the current one, but I postponed upgrading my radio network to focus on upgrades to keep my soldiers alive, and now I have six days to build a comm center, contact another region and blow up an Avatar facility before the aliens win, so I’m pretty well fucked.

38. rahji says:

Demons souls on ng++
    i want to get the platinum trophy, but there is still a lot of farming for upgrade stones necessary. I also need some unique weapons which are acessable by pure white world tendency. I regret that i completed the mephistopheles quest because now my character tendency is pure black andi need pure white character tendency for a ring.

Lars Westergren says:

I finished Firewatch and absolutely loved it. A little bit of Day of the Tentacle, it’s great too.

Since I finished XCOM2 at veteran difficulty last weekend I am considering trying again at commander difficulty, or veteran+iron man. Worried about bugs though, got stuck a handful of times on my first playthrough.

zinzan says:

More PBeM Combat Mission:Beyond Normandy & CM:Fortress Italy.
    Trying to complete XCOM for first time (started 5-7 campaigns and rage quit most).

41. floogles says:

Capsule – a claustrophobic and atmospheric spacey game. Short and very enjoyable. Hexcells plus when I want something more relaxing. Happy holidays everyone!

42. syllopsium says:

Blackwell Legacy, on my Android phone. Probably easier to play on PC though.

Likely to be some Botanicula tonight, see if I can finish it before embarking on Samorost 3. Probably a little more DOTT remake, too.

Captain Narol says:

Out There : Omega Edition

Finally reached one ending at my 4th try, yeah ! Now I have 3 other ones to find… Much deeper that it seems once you know the ropes, and very relaxing space exploration despise the dark tone. I dream of a non-violent space trading game with the same art and game mechanism !

Crusader Kings II

The Mongols invaded all of Khiva with 100 000 men, as the almighty Tsar of Magna Russia (from Germany to Punjab !), I have to react and crush them !

Mordheim : City of the Damned

My imperial captain just lost one leg in a skaven ambush, time for some bloody revenge… Kill all the rats !!!

Missing time right now to get into “Black Desert Online” and finish “Ryse”, maybe later in the week.

44. OmNomNom says:

I’m playing

Work Simulator: Real Life. Easter Cancelled.

45. bill says:

We had a backlog thread on the forums with the idea of picking any game from your library, playing it for an hour, and then reporting back.

I picked Capsized. It’s a major disappointment.
    Its world is a lovely alive alien world with loads of little orgainic details…
    … which make it absolutely impossible to see all the annoying little alien enemies that are swarming you and depleting your health bar.

Even the first level is a slog.