Sorcery! Part 3 Catching Up With PC In April

Sorcery! [official site] hasn’t received quite as much attention as its Inkle Studios sibling 80 Days around these parts. It’s mostly been Richard Cobbett praising this new and more open choose-your-own-adventure, which is based on Steve Jackson’s gamebook from the ’80s but has matured into its own thing.

The first two parts have landed on our bigger screens in February, after starting on pocket telephones. Part 3: The Seven Serpents, the largest and most complex yet, will join them on April 5th, bringing PC up to date with the Android and iOS releases. Part 4 should be released within 2016, simultaneously on all platforms. You have the choice of clicking past the break.

Our interview with Inkle Studios gives some interesting insights into the evolution of the game, starting as a relatively shy adaptation with just a few modernized elements here and there to a game with its own personality, still part of the Sorcery universe but very much adding its own twist and flavour to it, with original mechanics, new encounters and so on. The developers were encouraged by the positive feedback, so much so that part 3 contains an entirely new world, not part of the original text.

With every new chapter, the game has also become more and more radically open, and in Part 3 the player can pretty much do whatever they want, in any order they want, while the time travel mechanic adds multiple layers to the world. The possibility to rewind the game’s state to test the outcome of multiple choices and “turn back a few pages like you’d got your fingers in the page” is just the cherry on top, although as a player it’s not always easy to use it wisely.

It’s worth mentioning that Sorcery! supports cross-platform cloud saves: you can keep playing the same game across every device you have bought it on.

You are free to enjoy this trailer.

Sorcery! will be out in all its exclamative freedom on Windows and Mac on April 5th.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Dr_Barnowl says:

The mobile version is in the current Humble bundle… I kinda hope the hidden games in that bundle include episodes 1 & 2 TBH..

• KoenigNord says:

Not sure how, but I have Sorcery 1 and 2 in my Humble Bundle Archive. Were they in an earlier bundle?

• LaurenGriffin says:

Make 7500 bucks every month… Start doing online computer-based work through our website. I have been working from home for 4 years now and I love it. I don’t have a boss standing over my shoulder and I make my own hours The tips below are very informative and anyone currently working from home or planning to in the future could use this website… —–= link to

• Lagran says:

Humble Mobile 10 (Jan 2015) had Sorcery 1&2 together in the BTA tier.

2. acoff001 says:

Yes! I was instantly hooked when RPS recommended the first games in February and I’ve been waiting for the 3rd for months to continue the adventure; I’m pretty stoked.

3. April March says:

These games seem to be more or less exactly what I’ve always wanted from an interactive fiction game. (Well, actually I suppose that what I’d always wanted from an interactive fiction game is closest to a complete Fabled Lands things set in the modern day so I can do a drive-by on a dragon. But we take what we can get.) Still, I think I’ll wait for one day when I can grab the whole thing in one go.

4. stkaye says:

Sorcery 3 is one of the best games I’ve played recently, on any platform. It’s got bags of character and some hugely compelling and well-considered game mechanics built in to it. It’s simultaneously a clever and well-spirited adaptation of the original book and something completely distinctive, something that can only be achieved in an interactive medium like this one.

Part one is kind of a warm-up – very good for a mobile game. Part two is more expansive and complex. But this episode is just a downright *great* adventure game, no excuses needed.

Benratha says:

Please tell me you have sisters called Harmony & Destiny? Or Rhapsody & Symphony? (link to

6. Xander77 says:

It’s really quite amazingly good. The best CYOA on steam the best adaptation of a book series to a computerized format, and outside those overtly narrow superlatives – just a damned good game in general.