The Pipwick Papers

There’s no Sunday Papers this week because Graham is eating his way out of a chocolate egg. In its place, please enjoy these Pipwick Papers originally posted to the Supporter program on February 28th.

Today is for catching up with various fashion weeks and poring over long-neglected feeds. Or at least it was going to be but then everything got a bit derailed so I’ve just been having coffee and catching up with a handful of things I bookmarked for later!

• I wish I was going to be anywhere near the Metropolitan Museum of Art while their Manus X Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology exhibition is running. From this Engadget preview it sounds like the idea is at least partly to look at designers who did or do use technology in interesting was or in conjunction with more traditional methods. Christopher Kane gets a mention, as well as people like Karl Lagerfeld but I wanted to give a quick shout-out to Mary Katrantzou for her stunning digital printwork.
  • Alice showed me this and I love it – it’s a really cool projection:
  • A fascinating look at Tumblr by Elspeth Reeve – it’s about fame, the pursuit of money and teenagers with huge social reach and insight into how to manipulate those systems. I have maybe a dozen tumblrs. I don’t update any of them anymore but I was never a savvy teen trading in reblogs and affiliate links. One of them was where I recorded the colouring of finished Letterpress boards, devoid of actual letters and titled them after the winning word.
  • The Guardian has this piece about the Supreme Court ruling that joint enterprise law has been applied wrongly for over 30 years. Joint enterprise is where the accused acts in conjunction with the killer but doesn’t deliver the killing blow. People tweeting about it also brought this London Review of Books piece about joint enterprise onto my timeline from last year. It’s a piece which is good for highlighting some of the bizarre and, to me as a casual reader, nonsensical convictions which have arisen as a result.
  • How you break an embargo with cake. Twice.
  • NEW OK GO VIDEO
  • From this site

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Wow. I kind of want to become a projection artist now.

• LaurenGriffin says:

Make 7500 bucks every month… Start doing online computer-based work through our website. I have been working from home for 4 years now and I love it. I don’t have a boss standing over my shoulder and I make my own hours. The tips below are very informative and anyone currently working from home or planning to in the future could use this website… link to tinyurl.com

• LaurenGriffin says:

Make 7500 bucks every month… Start doing online computer-based work through our website. I have been working from home for 4 years now and I love it. I don’t have a boss standing over my shoulder and I make my own hours The tips below are very informative and anyone currently working from home or planning to in the future could use this website… link to tinyurl.com

particlese says:

Hooray for gravity-celebrating physics cake! Hooray for gravity-ignoring OK Go video!

But now, with the weight of a full day upon me, the gravity-laden Supreme Court article must wait for tomorrow — I’ll weigh in on it then. Wait, naw, who am I kidding? That’s a massive lie.

3. Jackablade says:

Dagnabbit. How did I forget to check out the City Baths during White Night.

4. thedosbox says:

Yay! Pipwick papers is back (or I guess my subscriber access is still borked).

The write up on how OK Go made that video was eye opening:

link to jalopnik.com

5. icarussc says:

My goodness.

OK Go … I … I’ve just watched five OK Go videos and …

MY GOODNESS.

How have I never heard of these guys before?

6. Baines says:

I can’t decide if the OK Go video looks better or worse for the missteps and less than perfect movements. On one hand, it doesn’t look quite as good as it could. On the other hand, more perfect execution might have made the whole video look fake.

7. melissasortego says:

my roommate’s aunt scored 4200 dollars a week on the internet . She has been unemployed for 6 months but previous month her revenue was 14430 bucks just at work on the MacBook for some hours…NT!00

========== http://w­­­­w­­­­w­­­­.r­­­­i­­­­c­­­­h­­­­i­­­­8­­­­.­­­­c­­­­o­­­­m

• Dicehuge says:

Shame on you for sharing so much personal information about your roommate’s aunt. The bond between roommate’s aunt and nephew/niece’s roommate is a sacred one, not to be disrespected for the sake of online boasts.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Alright, so since we don’t have a Sunday Papers I will just have to post this here.

Remember Brigador? That was the game where one of the devs made a mic dropping rant on their Steam forums when someone questioned the $20 price tag of the game. Graham wrote an article about it. They recently showed off the game in a stream with somebody from Volition. Not much new in the stream other than a tentative release date (late May/early June) and some details on the plot I hadn’t heard before. BUT, there is one part of the stream I think is worth checking out. This is a 2D sprite based game, where they can change the lighting on the fly! I have never seen anything like this before and helps explain why this game looks so damn good.

There’s also going to be a Killdozer level.

9. michelle174 says:

3″Once I saw the draft of 6260 bucks,,, I admit that my friend’s brother was like really generating cash in his free time with his PC. His uncle’s neighbor has done this for only 8 months and by now repaid the loan on their home and bought a new Car …JW70

++++++++ Get More Details