Hitman 1.03 Brings Vampire Magician Challenges

Ian Hitman is currently packing a bag for his holiday to Italy in Episode Two on the 26th, but more Hitman [official site] is already here. Update 1.03 launched today, bringing more improvements to loading times, more responsive menus, and bug fixes such as “47 no longer drops a body immediately after starting to drag it.” Oh, and it adds The Vampire Magician Challenge Pack, which dares Ian to commit ten murderous challenges wearing the vampire magician costume. He is, I stress, neither vampiric not magical. Murder would be no challenge for an actual vampire magician.

Also out today, this being Tuesday and everything, are two new Escalation Contracts. Those are the dastardly challenges which, y’know, escalate, throwing in more twists and complications as they go on. They’re both set in Paris, one with Ian taking down Sophus Fatale while disguised as Auction Staff, and the other a dual-target contract under the name The Ezekiel Paradox with plenty of extra security.

Other changes listed in the patch notes include crash fixes, improvements to the DirectX 12 mode, and fixes for a scoring bug. Get stuck in the log for all the details.

How are you settling into Hitman now, anyway? What are you hoping for from future episodes?

From this site

1. slerbal says:

I’m not. I’m waiting for the entire thing to be released and the fishy always online requirements to be fixed one way or another (if they stay, it’s a no buy for me)

• BobbyDylan says:

Pretty much agree with you there. I’m not buying it in pieces, I’ll buy it when it’s done. And it it keeps getting panned… then only in a sale.

2. VJoe says:

Is his name really Ian?

caff says:

Still keen to know what performance is like – is it improving yet?

• roseerblooming says:

I’ve been having a better go of it – I run an exclusively AMD rig, and I’ve been able to maintain a consistent 45-60 fps on reasonable settings. Previously, I had to keep everything on max low, and the game would spasm and cough up blood whenever I glanced at the crowd around the fashion show itself.

• roseerblooming says:

Granted, I’m but one data point – it’s still not an elegantly optimized game by any means.

4. AndreasBM says:

I’m absolutely loving it. It’s like they took all the interesting ideas of Absolution and put it into a better and bigger Blood Money. The episode structure also means that I put much more time into actually understanding each level.

5. racccoon says:

I haven’t even bothered with it, as its the same old, same old, its got to make better efforts into changing the games flow & spruce it up more! As this one seems just another copy of the last with some added refreshments. I am a very stern fan too! This is the second time I have not bought the game because of repeat wash’s.

Ericusson says:

Yeah, no it’s a pass.
    Square Enix EA Ubisoft, same boycott.