Pets, Parachutes, Pints, Peril: Trench Run

I hadn’t seen any footage of Trench Run [official site] until I clicked on the trailer around five minutes ago and it immediately became one of the most exciting games to be released in the near future. The very near future in fact – it’ll be on Steam tomorrow.

Why so excited? Well, Trench Run is a multiplayer side-scrolling action game that looks like the perfect combination of Transhuman’s own Soldat and the exquisite Broforce. You can fight with knives, guns and explosives, but you can also go to the bar with your mates when the dust has settled, and buy a pet dog.

I want an insult-parrot! I want to play basketball with my opponents after blowing them to bits to show that there are no hard feelings. I want to know why a crocodile is parachuting into the arena – presumably so that it can cause chompy chaos, sure, and if so I want to see that chompy chaos for myself.

You can buy the game now, direct from the developers, and they’ll send you a Steam key as soon as the game is available there (TOMORROW). If you want to check how the whole thing works, you can download the offline client right now.

Here’s a fun feature list:

– Unique team-based “Run” mode for 2-10 players
– Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
– 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, -Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
– Semi-random destructible maps
– Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
– Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
– Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
– Buy customized costumes and pet animals
– Local couch-based and online multiplayer available
– Designed to be easy to pick up and play

Hopefully an appearance on Steam will mean a big enough playerbase to provide jollity at all times.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. buenaventura says:

Looks like alot of fun! Could you play it online (linux) without Steam? Steam does not play well with wifi around here.

• trainchaser says:

@buenaventura: Yes, you can play without Steam. You can buy the game directly from the website and then you just need to follow the instructions sent to your mailbox. The game supports both online and couch multiplayer. Hope you’ll like it :)

Maciej, Transhuman Design

Harlander says:

The style reminds me of Armor Alley a little bit. Hopefully it’ll be a bit easier to get a handle on than that was.

3. Cloudiest Nights says:

This looks amazing! I’ll definitely be picking this up soon! My only worry is how populated the servers are, but it looks like this game could get really popular!

4. Ztox says:

Of course, Soldat, KAG, same developer. Until they mentioned it, I was thinking “This looks A LOT like KAG”, that’d be why.

Looks miles better than KAG though, I’m all over it.

5. Edgewise says:

Always meant to get around to playing King Arthur’s Gold but never did. Is it as cool as it looks?

• Graylight says:

King Arthur’s Gold spoke to me in so many ways, but I seemingly discovered it years too late. Apparently the game had a pretty thriving community some time ago, but the developer had changed the game in a number of ways that really upset their players and didn’t budge after that. So the game now has a tiny, tiny community filled with hostile, highly-skilled players that make jumping into it now a bit depressing. I wish I had played KAG during its peak.

• Jermexmachina says:

I played KAG once upon a time back when they were still figuring out what the game was going to be. I always had a grand laugh playing and it provided many “OH DAMN!” moments, with opportunity for comebacks. An individual player could turn the entire battle around with the right placed tunnel or bomb throw.
        There is no other game like it.

I’m psyched for Trench Run, These guys make fun games.

6. Robostove says:

Thanks for posting this! I loved the hell out of Soldat, and this looks like it adds a lot of personality and fun stuff to the formula. (Although the apparent lack of rocket boots is a bit disappointing)

• Mazey says:

Maybe someone could make a soldat mod :) the game is fully scripted and you can make anything

7. ErraticGamer says:

That looks lovely. Yes please, I am in.