Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter – A Peek At Gameplay

null

Hello, this is the time of day where I glare at the screen over the top of my coffee mug and try to work out which bits of a gameplay trailer are gameplay and which bits are cinematics or flourishes which you maybe see while playing the game.

Unrelatedly, here is a gameplay-amongst-cutscenes trailer for Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter [official site]!

I’m going to say there’s gameplay at 0:40-0:43ish and then maybe 0:57-0:58. There’s also perhaps half a second of it at 0:13 depending on who is firing the gun.

Perhaps of FAR MORE interest is the B-roll footage from AllGamesDelta which offers more in the way of how a character interrogation and other bits and pieces work:

It’s using the Playstation inputs but you get the idea of the basic structure and interactions.

From this site

1. FurryLippedSquid says:

It all goes a bit Assassin’s Creed at 9:00, except with even more hand-holding. TAKE COVER HERE! Doesn’t bode well.

2. int says:

That first trailer made the game look like an action game, but the gameplay video calmed me down.

Risingson says:

Sex equality: male characters in video games are now equally blandly young and hot as the female ones.

/me goes away, looking at his feet, mumbling

• KillahMate says:

If you’re referring to Holmes and Watson, I think age- and general-appearance-wise both are perfectly within the parameters defined by Arthur Conan Doyle. Hotness-wise… meh. A good facial bone structure does not a male model make. Though I’ll admit they may have been aiming for ‘blandly hot’ and simply couldn’t pull it off.

• Zenicetus says:

It’s a boring, designed-by-committee face. Probably intentionally bland, to avoid looking too close to iconic actors that have played the role in movies and TV.

I think it’s a mistake. They should have come up with their own distinctive face. It can’t be that hard to come up with something that doesn’t look like Rathbone, Brett, or Cucumberbatch without picking generic male model face #5.

Sinomatic says:

I spent the whole trailers being irritated by the character model and the voice, neither of which say Sherlock Holmes to me. It was highly distracting. All I could think was that he could have changed into a leather jacket and not have been out of place in Alan Wake or the like. Doesn’t work for me at all, this.

4. Dr.Ded says: