Ubisoft’s Annual Uplay Spring Sale Now On

My calendar tells me we’re now over halfway through April. The Met Office tells me astronomical spring in the northern hemisphere started on March 20. Yet the weatherman told me yesterday that I can expect highs of a whopping nine degrees centigrade here in Glasgow this weekend. I’d swear it was still winter had the annual Uplay Spring Sale not kicked off this week, with big discounts on the likes of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Rainbow Six Siege and Far Cry 4, among others. Which others, you say? Find out after the drop.

Open to players in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Oceania, Ubisoft’s annual Uplay Spring Sale knocks up to 75% off the publisher’s games from right this very second until April 27. Those included this year are: the Assassin’s Creed franchise, Trials Fusion, Far Cry Primal, Far Cry 4, The Crew, the Splinter Cell series, Watch_Dogs, the Anno series, and Rainbow Six Siege.

You’ll of course need to be signed up to Uplay to get your hands on the deals, and the sale will also feature short-term (every 48 hours/72 hours) and long-term deals (every 7 days/14 days). If you opt for the “download of the moment” – which is Rainbow Six Siege over the course of the weekend – you’ll be treated to a “surprise”, the details of which Ubi plan to unveil soon.

If physical hard copies are your thing, Ubisoft say real-life boxed versions of their games can be “shipped to more than 140 countries within the region”, however don’t specify which ones up front. The sale also includes discounts on DLC, season passes, and special editions with special cases. Oh, and there’s figurines of game characters, and life-sized plastic gauntlets and knives in there too if that’s your cup of tea.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Freud says:

Ubisoft, you are a ridiculous company with ridiculous business practices.

Assassins Creed Syndicate: Special Edition, Gold Edition, Charing Cross Edition, Rooks Edition.

Far Cry Primal: Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition, Digital Apex Edition.

Rainbow Six: Art of Siege Edition, Gold Edition, Standard Edition, Tactical Elite Edition.

• BobbyDylan says:

ToManyOptions: didn’t buy any edition.

• Darth Gangrel says:

About the only thing they excel at, is the need for an Excel sheet to get an overview of all these editions and what separates them.

• secuda says:

Phahaha its like we need some kind of spread sheet for every Ubisoft game.

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

There are spread sheets for every Ubisoft game.
        Both straight faced gaming press articles and Ubisoft pre-release marketing to show what awesome must-have tat is or isn’t included and the ten different retail exclusive DLC pepsi/camo/dorito/placenta weapon skins.

2. pelwl says:

Most of the older games have been far cheaper on Steam many times before. Even their current “download of the moment”, Rainbow Six Siege, is the same price on Steam depending on the edition (and also free to play for the weekend).

I really don’t get why they don’t actually try to be competitive with Steam and not have to give them a cut of their sales.

3. hollowroom says:

Well, I tried to go there and it insists on showing me the Italian site with no way to change it. Ubisoft are great.

• SpakAttack says:

If by great you actually mean “Fucking Useless”, then I’d be inclined to agree!

• Great Cthulhu says:

Indeed. Any website (or software) that insists on disrespecting my language preferences instantly earns itself a boycott. You’d think a French company would understand why behavior like that is so annoying…

• Dr Biffo says:

Because the most common languages in France are Farsi & Arabic?

• Great Cthulhu says:

Because very little of the web is in French. Go abroad on business or vacation, access the internet, and even less of it is thanks to geo-ip nonsense. Double extra fun if you go to trilingual Belgium, where it’s a roll of the dice what language you get.

• Mags says:

I see you a trilingual Belgium and raise you a quadrilingual Switzerland.

• hollowroom says:

Yes, it isn’t the fact that it decided on Italian (possibly based on my ip – this organisation has gateways in Italy and Netherlands) it’s the fact that it won’t let me change it. Incredibly frustrating.

4. Zaxwerks says:

Ahhhh uPlay… I tend to find my buying preferences going…

GOG -> hardcopy or Steam depending which is cheaper -> Origin -> beating my testicles wafer thin with a mallet and nail gunning them to a speeding car -> uPlay.

• klops says:

Ditto. World is full of good games that I don’t have time to play anyway. When Ubisoft games demand uPlay, I’m totally ok to ignore them.

• Holderist says:

You sir made me spit my coffee.

• Person of Interest says:

My first two shop stops are the Humble Widget (price split is 95% dev, 5% Humble) and then the Humble Store (price split is 75% dev, 15% Humble, 10% charity of my choosing). GOG and Steam are, AFAIK, 70% dev, 30% store.

5. Chaz says:

The usual bizarre nonsense going on with their store. For some reason it costs £2 more to buy the PC Download of Assassins Creed Unity than it does to buy a boxed copy from them. Huh?

This is why I have never bought anything from their store and have ended up buying their games through Steam in their sales.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

1) So this isn’t available in North America then?

2) Rainbow Six Siege appears to be free on Steam this weekend.

3) 9 degrees is “winter”. LOLOLOLOLOL

7. Boosh says:

I don’t really get the uplay hate, genuinely. All I care about is getting my game for a fair price, and uplay has succeeded 100% of the times I’ve used it for purchases – about 7.

I’m using it for the r6siege free weekend just because it’s quicker, no other reason, I’ll still get to play (priority number 1).

Nauallis says:

For me personally, I hated that ubi gated co-op in Far Cry 4 behind a Uplay login, at least on the xbox1. But why? The whole game can be played singleplayer without having to utilize uplay, and co-op forms a direct connection, not a server, so again, why?

Same thing with Anno 2070 on PC – several of the game’s features were locked until I accessed uplay. I didn’t have to pay extra for them, but I did have to go through the extra loading screens and the annoying pop-ups.

They have made the design choice to lock entirely free or at least included content behind a login-gateway. It’s not quite DRM in the traditional sense, but since they prevent you from getting to content that you already own – excuse me, have licensed – it’s hugely annoying.

• Quite So says:

For me it was the experience of trying to play HOMM6. Not a great game, mind, but made ever so much worse by uPlay. That I could not play my fully paid for single player game due to uPlay servers being down brought me close to apoplexy. That I had to pirate the game to get it working told me everything I needed to know about Ubi. They treat their customers like criminals, and the real criminals end up with a better overall experience.

Maybe they’ve gotten better, but F them forever anyway.

• Person of Interest says:

Uplay, compared to Steam, has worse downloading and game patching behavior, repeated and failure-prone self-patching (took me 1/2 hour to get Far Cry 3 to run–as bad as GFWL), less flexible library/file management, a more pesky overlay, a more intrusive privacy policy, an offline mode that confuses the heck out of the client, and (for me at least) some instability. Historically it’s also had more severe security problems (RPS covered their browser toolbar backdoor a few years back), more downtime, and more intrusive DRM.