Humble Devolver Bundle: Not A Hero, Titan Souls & Talos

The games that fly under publisher Devolver Digital‘s banner are often funny, sometimes silly, and always quirky. Frantic shooter Not A Hero revels in its messy, hedonistic chaos; Dropsy tells the tale of sad, social misfitting clown; and The Talos Principle is a wonderful game about philosophy and mind-boggling puzzles, to name but a few. The Humble Devolver Bundle has them all and more and is live right now.

In standard Humbley Bundley fare, you can pay what you want for some games, and fork out a little more for others. A Fistful of Gun, Gods Will Be Watching, and Ronin make up the pay what you want tier, and I’d highly recommend the latter – a cool mix of real-time stealthiness and turn-based sword combat that looks a wee bit like Gunpoint but plays rather differently. You’re a cyberpunk assassin, for one. Say no more.

For less than a fiver – $4.65 at the time of writing – you can bag yourself the aforementioned Not A Hero and Dropsy, as well as Shadow Warrior: Special Edition. This tier also nets you a 50% off coupon for The Talos Principle, which is normally £29.99 on the Humble Store.

If you’re feeling especially flush and are willing to fork over a whole ten dollars – and bear in mind Humble Bundle supports a number of charities; this time Games Aid and Care Box Program – Titan Souls and Hatoful Boyrfriend: Holiday Star can be yours too. One of these games is about fighting huge, bumbling, horrifying monsters equipped with nothing but a bow and arrow. The other is about dating pigeons. Both are really good, as told by our Wot I Thinks both here and here.

The Humble Devolver Bundle is live for the next 12 days with “more games coming soon!”, apparently.

From this site

1. Optimaximal says:

It’s worth mentioning that Hatoful Boyfriend isn’t the original game, its a holiday-themed sequel.

• AngoraFish says:

Although it’s a good bet that the original is one of the “More games coming soon!” options.

2. iainl says:

I don’t know why, but I really didn’t get on with Titan Souls.

Actually, I kind of do know; I’ve never been a fan of boss fights. But the concept seemed interesting, and it wasn’t exactly expensive.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I never finished it because that game made me rage more than any other. With that said, when you do finally shoot the arrow into a monster’s g-spot it does an absolutely perfect job of making you feel like the most amazing person in the world.

3. Darth Gangrel says:

“$4.65 at the time of writing… This tier also nets you a 50% off coupon for The Talos Principle, which is normally £29.99 on the Humble Store” So, you’re paying them 4,65 dollars to be able to buy something for 15 GBP? That hardly seems like a good deal and preposterous when compared to all the games you get for less than 5 dollars. Sure, it’s a great game, but these discount coupons included in bundles are never close enough as good as the average Steam sale.

• SanguineAngel says:

well, I meant it’s like a bonus really isn’t it?

• AngoraFish says:

It’s worth noting that The Talos Principle has already been 75% off on Steam three times in the last six months, as well as 75% off once at GreenMan Gaming as recently as last month… so not that great a deal at all, really.

4. Junkenstein says:

Talos Principle vouchers can normally be used when the game’s on sale, so there’s that.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Normally, companies have measures to avoid people from using one offer on top of another offer, but if it’s true what you say then it could be a great deal. However, only if you could use the 50 % discount coupon while the game is discounted by 75 %. A 50 % discount on top of a 50 % discount is only a 75 % discount and, like AngoraFish said, it’s been reduced by 75 % several times recently.

• BarneyL says:

The voucher expires on 17th May so the sale would need to be pretty soon.

5. 2Ben says:

Mind-boggling puzzles? In the Talos principle? I don’t know if I’m particularly smart (hint: I’m not) but I found the puzzles rather simplistic, so much so that I gave up after a while, kinda bored..

DelrueOfDetroit says:

There was maybe 3 puzzles I had to look up That mostly had to do with knowing how to solve the puzzle but not knowing the exact placement of the puzzle objects.

There are the gold stars to find which involve using puzzle pieces from individual puzzles outside of their areas.

6. Jetsetlemming says:

I feel like it’s really misleading to mention Talos principle in the headline and first paragraph as included in the bundle when it’s a coupon for a separate purchase. Super disappointed that that’s the case.

• Jalan says:

It was in one of their Monthly bundles and, if this current Devolver bundle is any indicator (along with the last Sega bundle), merely waiting out a few weeks (or months) you may find that the Talos Principle will be in a “regular” bundle.

7. Dynamique says:

Gods Will Be Watching, anyone? Go grab the key!

3E5AE**9Y7ED**8XQQY (** = -)