Battlefield 4 And Battlefield Hardline Giving DLC For Free

Electronic Arts plan to announce this year’s new Battlefield game on Friday, but before then are shaking hands with Battlefield players, kissing their babies, and blasting free DLC at them out of air cannons. The old Battlefield 4 multiplayer Dragon’s Tooth DLC and cops & robbers spin-off Battlefield Hardline‘s multiplayer Robbery DLC are both free to keep forever if you grab ’em by next Tuesday, May 10th. More freebies are due over the next few months.

Dragon’s Teeth adds four new maps in Asian Pacific-y urban areas, along with the new ‘Chain Link’ game mode and some new weapons, gadgets, and whatnot. You can nab it free from Origin.

Hardline’s Robbery, as the name suggests, adds four new thieftastic maps, including one in a museum with DINOSAUR SKELETONS, along with the ‘Squad Heist’ mode, and new weapons and gadgets and vehicles and so on. Nab it here on Origin.

EA say to expect more old DLCs becoming free “over the next few months”. I’m not sure how many people will be interested in this, are still interested in Battlefield 4 but haven’t touched the DLC in two years, but hey, it’s free and maybe you fancy swinging back to the Battlefield to see what’s what. Special Community Missions are running for the next week too, offering a Gold Battlepack to everyone in BF4 if they get 2.5 million melee kills together, and a Gold Battlepack in Hardline if players score 300,000 points in Heist mode.

Anywho! Any predictions or hope for the next Battlefield, anyone?

From this site

1. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Weirdly I was thinking this very morning that I hadn’t played Battlefield in ages. That thought did then lead to a decision to play Red Orchestra 2 at the next opportunity instead, but still, free DLC may be enough to tempt me.

I will always have a soft spot for Battlefield, even if the last 3 games have been very similar.

Prediction is a return to WW2. Seems the least clichéd setting now, how times have changed!

• Epicedion says:

I’ve been hoping for a return to WW2 for awhile now. All of the drones and active protection systems and lock on and 3D targeting and orbital bullcrap gets tiresome and pulls the focus away from basic shootguy and tank fighting something fierce.

2. BobbyDylan says:

TBH, Even if they gave all the H4ardline DLC, I’d not buy it. Boring game is boring.

• Goodtwist says:

But if they gave you those DLCs, how’d you (not) want to buy them?

3. Goodtwist says:

But if they gave you those DLCs, how’d you (not) want to buy them?

4. XxBrentos9xX says:

I’m actually looking for a quick help post, since I can’t find anything definite elsewhere…

Are these DLC free on consoles too? Or is it only PC? The article makes me think they come from Origin only, which makes me a little worried. I own this series on Xbox, whereas I like to play big world RPG’s on PC. I also was thinking of plopping down a bit of money on Hardline (its only $10 now) if that DLC is free everywhere, and since it ends on the 10th… Thanks ahead!

5. Ethaor says:

Battlefield 5 is to be unveiled along with the Pascal chips in two days so we’ll see how things are shaping up for BF’s future.

6. malkav11 says:

I snagged them on general principles but I can’t say as I care about multiplayer DLC at all. Give me free Mass Effect 3 (or even 2) DLC, please!

7. goon buggy says:

Only time Origin gets fired up is when its CnC or free stuff.

8. Jabberslops says:

You just saved me $20. I was about to go buy BF4 Premium while it’s on sale, but I think I may hold off and wait to see if they show BF5 game-play.

I never bought BF4 because I didn’t like what they changed from BF3 and playing the free weekend almost a 2 years ago convinced me it wasn’t worth the $60 for BF4+Premium at the time.

• Jabberslops says:

This was suppose to be a reply to Ethaor… Why do I even bother to reply when the comment system can’t even reply properly without me having to go back and click the button twice? Could we at least get a preview of our comments if no edit button or delete?

Ethaor says:

9. GemFire81 says:

Dice should really just give hardline itself away for free, i’m betting the pile of crap alone with their new star wars game does not pull 1k concurrent users combined.

10. tifaucz says: