The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine Vid Introduces Toussaint

Geralt is heading off to Toussaint on May 31st in Blood and Wine, the second and final expansion for The Witcher 3 [official site], so here’s a little tourist information video teasing what to expect. Rolling hills! Vineyards! The world’s largest mountain! A city built upon the ruins of an elven city after humans went all kill-happy! Fine wines! Monsters in the wine cellars! Everything you could want in a holiday, except one of those neckstraps which holds your wine glass while you get sloshed at the tasting.

The main draw of Blood and Wine is Toussaint, a huge new region never visited in the game before. Based loosely on the south of France, it is awfully pretty! It also has a bit of a monster problem (quelle surprise!) Anyway, that video explains the whole setup and gives a peek at smaller newbits like armour dyes and new Gwent cards.

Developers CD Projekt RED say Blood and Wine will take about 30 hours to complete, and then that’s it for The Witcher 3. No more expansions. And a long wait until RED bring us Cyberpunk 2077.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. kud13 says:

Tell me more about mutations.

2. xalcupa says:

Really looking forward to it. HoS was excellent, tone, characters and length was just right for me.

3. Zenicetus says:

Looks great. I just hope there’s a lot more fighting monsters than humans though. In Hearts of Stone, one of the first side quests had my Lvl 35 Geralt fighting a group of Lvl 33 Knights, including one “Knight” that was just a guy in a diaper with no armor and a big hammer.

I know the game still has to offer some challenge even when you’re at a fairly high level. I also know the lore is that Geralt isn’t superhuman and can be defeated by humans (pitchfork death, etc.). But after all the skills advancement you have at the end of the story line, it still feels weird to have any trouble with bog-standard soldiers. I’d just rather fight monsters once Geralt is leveled up that high. You expect monsters to be tough.

4. Abacus says:

TW3 had some absolutely phenomenal worldbuilding and that continued into Hearts of Stone, and looks to be continuing into Blood and Wine. Novigrad was the absolutely breathtaking in it’s detail. And the old Everec estate in HoS was incredible, up there with the Ocean House Hotel from VTMB. Can’t wait to see what CDPR has in store.

• Sabbatai says:

Wow. I haven’t played HoS but your Ocean House comparison has sold me.

5. Dave Talbot says:

I feel like I should restart TW3 for this, especially as I bought Hearts of Stone and never played this. Hopefully there’ll be a CE with the Northern and Nilfgaard physical card sets to add to my cards from the other one, and pretend the Skellige set doesn’t exist, bunch of Northern Irish Vikings that they are

• simontifik says:

I recently went back to the game and made it Skellige for the first time. I was a little disappointed to find it cold and full of Irish/Scottish Vikings. From all the talk of ‘pirates’ I was expecting it to be a bright tropical place and a much needed holiday from the swamps of Velen and muck of Novigrad :(

6. ribby says:

Oh hey, Knight Errants- Like Don Quixote!

There’s a really incredible RSC production of that by the way- go see it if you get the chance

7. celticdr says:

Looks f__ken unreal, can’t wait to get stuck into this DLC, then once I’m finished I’ll be sad because: no more Witcher.

Witcher 3 was a damn masterpiece for CDPR to end up resting on their laurels.

8. Aspirant_Fool says:

Been waiting for this one ever since this came out: link to