The Division Update 1.2 Brings New Content Next Week

Only last week, the new Hitman introduced ‘elusive targets’ who appear for a brief while and only offer one chance to take ’em down – they’re pretty fun! It’s not quite the same, but The Division [official site] will next week introduce daily ‘high-value targets’ in Update 1.2 (nicknamed ‘Conflict’). Probably more importantly, it’ll also add a new Incursion. And new weapons and gear. And the ability to be even more of a dick in the Dark Zone by cutting the extraction rope on someone’s loot bag to swipe it. Good times!

Here, this new trailer gives an overview:

The new Incursion is Clear Sky, set around New York’s Columbus Circle, where those naughty Rikers have seized control of anti-air missile batteries. As for high-value targets, Ubi say in an accompanying blog post:

“The HVT officer inside your base of operations will provide you with a list of these targets, along with a description, their level, and the recommended gear score you need to engage them. You’ll have a limited amount of time and only one chance to take down these targets.”

Ubi have also spoken before about changes to crafting coming in 1.2.

The Conflict update is due next Tuesday, May 24th. Before then, on the 19th at 10am PDT (6pm UK time), Ubi will show a bit in a Twitch stream. Paid expansions are in the works too, of course; three are announced, with the first due in June.

From this site

1. sicanshu says:

I got the division, played for probably 35 or so hours, and haven’t turned it back on since. I think as much as anything I just burned out on the setting. I mean, it’s a beautiful mini-Manhattan, but there’s only so much time you can spend in what basically amounts to a snowy, empty city before it gets old.

• Smoof says:

I think this is my problem with it as well. I spent about the same amount of time in the game, but ultimately, it feels pretty lifeless and dull. I was hoping it would scratch the MMO itch for me, but it really just leaves me wanting.

AutonomyLost says:

Mmhmm. I’m in nearly the exact same boat.

• Morcane says:

The biggest problem is that there’s a big(ish) world, but there’s hardly any reason to be in it, apart from gathering materials. For the rest you’re either doing daily missions or incursions.

It’s a shame, and the fact they’re going to add ‘targets’ might show they know they need to do something more with the Manhattan they built.

I don’t care at all about the DZ, since it’s a boring hacker mess anyways.

2. Wisq says:

Yay, because “more ways to be a dick to other players” is exactly what games need. There just aren’t enough dicks out there, and the ones we have just aren’t dickish enough. Great to see at least one dev is finally understanding and addressing this.

• KDR_11k says:

They said in the past that they aren’t happy with how little people dick each other over. But since there’s no real value to stealing someone’s loot (DZ loot is pretty crap compared to what you get in the endgame) most people didn’t risk it.

• Kabukiman74 says:

Well, DZ is a PVP area and by design supposed to go against each other and be dicks to some extent. However the rampant cheaters and hackers there just doesn’t make it fun.

Playing against ppl with comparable equipment and skill is fine although with players using speedrunning hacks, aimbots, one-shot-kill hacks, teleporting and whatever else there might be out there it simply isn’t fun.

I wish they’d enforce a zero-tolerance policy considering hacking and cheating, that way getting PK’ed in the DZ might actually get some appeal again..

Or – they should just scrap the whole PVP part of this game – it was never it’s strong side anyway.

• bartman says:

God alone knows what they’re thinking. This game has a massive problem with griefers and their response to all the complaints is to introduce another mechanism for griefing.

Massive/Ubisoft are either totally ignorant of the concerns of their player base, such as it is these days, or tone deaf.

• Dugee says:

xd griefers in the dark zone, someone didnt understand what that part was about

3. PoundCoin says:

*pops survivor link*
    *casually strolls up to rope and cuts your stuff off while taking hundreds of rounds to the face*

Yeah this is a great idea.

Anyone want to hear a joke?

The Divisions player numbers.

That’s it, that is the joke.

link to steamcharts.com

• Unclepauly says:

Like almost every other game out there?

• LANCERZzZz says:

I love it when people say “look at the steam charts” as if that’s any measure of a game’s quality. According to the steam charts, the only “good games” on PC are CS:GO and Dota 2

• Oldwargoat says:

because a person that does that doesn’t play the game at all and only looks for things to start an arguement, just ignore him/her/it.

4. Sulpher says:

It’s true. The level brackets under 30 are nearly vacant. And you can guarantee if you see someone soloing a Manhunt that they are hacking – which is still happening BTW, Massive. I regret this purchase.

5. Oldwargoat says:

Oh great now Ubisoft is making it next to impossible now to send back the hard earned goods you get from the DZ with more shitbag actions to do to other…..we have enough shitbags playing the game(hackers,griefers, ect.) already, why give them another tool why!!!!!

6. Empathy Kill says:

Hmmm… I actually love the game. So far I have logged well over 100+ hours and I’m not even level 30 yet. I don’t know what the problem is. I just stay clear of the DZ and enjoy the game. With well over 100+ hours I do believe I have got my moneys worth!