Death Discount: Third Off Darkest Dungeon Till Monday

From the moment Red Hook Studios announced their micromanaging RPG dungeon crawler Darkest Dungeon [official site] a couple of years back, their raison d’etre was very clear: to make a game that was unashamedly, unwaveringly, ultra-brutally difficult. Those who’ve played will know that they succeeded, and it’s for this reason that Darkest Dungeon took over my life for a while when it released in full at the start of the year.

Those who haven’t can grab it on Steam this weekend with a 33% discount until Monday. Those people should do so, but only if they’ve got the stomach for it.

“And when they die they stay dead.”

Oh, how these words still haunt me some four months on since I first shared Wot I Thunk about Darkest Dungeon. With them, I relive every bastard-hard trek into each dark and haunted cavern; every time a crew member was driven insane; every time a comrade was lost to the bottle and/or the brothel. It’s rough. And do you know what? Since then, Darkest Dungeon has evolved into an even more powerful beast, adding things like town events via the latest Everything Burns update, courtesy of its Kickstarter stretch goals.

It’s taken me some self-imposed time away to recover from its permadeath-enforced beat, but Darkest Dungeon’s allure is so strong that I feel a return may be on the cards. It’s taken some of the best of us, too. Steve Messner just about made it out in the face of failure, while it drove Rich Stanton to despair. If you’re yet to dive in, will you let it get you?

Darkest Dungeon is available on Steam for £12.72/$16.74/15,40€ with a 33% discount until Monday 10am PST/1pm EST/6pm GMT.

From this site

1. jennanorman says:

I am making $89/hour working from home. I never thought that it was legitimate but my best friend is earning $10 thousand a month by working online, that was really surprising for me, she recommended me to try it. just try it out on the following website.
    ===== == http://www.Path50.com

2. NephilimNexus says:

This comment is the only thing on this page that is not an advertisement.

• AngoraFish says:

Given that DD has been cheaper before (as low as $9.95), and many games would kill for a dedicated article advertising every trivial sale (yeah, 33% is trivial), I’m inclined to agree.

• Pogs says:

I agree its been cheaper. Can i ask why you guys at RPS choose to advertise this discount in particular?

• frogulox says:

I am interested in this game, but hugely valid point.

The article for the game sale, the ads below, the spambotsnin the comments here.

Gee.

• Farsearcher says:

It’s probably because they like the game.

Before it became the world straddling colossus it now is Minecraft was a little indie game made by one man. For quite a long time RPS were the only people writing about it. They posted a ton of articles simply because they found the game enchanting.

3. golochuk says:

Darkest Dungeon doesn’t have permadeath – permadeath is a failure condition, and Darkest Dungeon doesn’t have those by default. This also denies it the title of hardest of the hardiest hard games.

4. Jediben says:

Clearly the Supporter subscriptions are not making enough for the 1080s and Vives that RPS covet so much!

5. Whomest says:

I left my office j0b and now I am receiving 89 Dollars hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me unhappy, so I was forced to try something altered. Two years later…I can say my life is changed-completely for tthe better! Check it out what i do…

======= To Know More Visit Here

6. TobyByard says:

★ ★ ★ ★

My first job out of High School was at St Paul and over the next 5 years Iearned so very much. Seeing the hospital torn down tears a small piece of my heart out. The Daughters of Charity and the doctors and staff of St Paul Hospital will always be with me.

★★★◕◡◕◕◡◕◕◡◕
    Best Of Luck for new Initiative!

———————- link to tiny.tw

✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

7. Sadfist says:

ROFL – it’s almost half this price on GOG without any “discounts”!

• Squirrelfanatic says:

It’s 22.99€ at GOG right now.

• deanamasterson says:

★★★◕◡◕◕◡◕◕◡◕
        Best Of Luck for new Initiative!

.★★ ◕ ◕◡◕ http://cashjob50.tk

• Sadfist says:

It’s $6,69 for me, so..

8. fearandloathing says:

Guys be cool, how much that little studio pay for ads anyway. If you’re looking for ad-ticles(mehehmehmehm) there are bunch of them on the division.

• KinkyJohn says:

Have to agree .. I think it’s inoffensive for them to push a game they’ve previously liked just cos they randomly see it on sale / get a press release – and it’s actually useful as many challenging games get forgotten the instant dark souls gets released.

The spam is a bit much as I’ve made 500 dollars an hour at home and nobody ever believes me when I tell them.