Head-Spinning Heights: Hitman’s 360° Marrakesh Trailer

It’s tough being hip nowadays, what with all the mobile cellular telephones and social medias and streams and memes. Another fad that seems to be becoming increasingly popular is 360 degree “interactive” videogame trailers. I like these and the latest Hitman [official site] number takes us to Marrakesh, should you wish to visit the Moroccan city before getting your hands on Agent 47’s latest outing that’s out today.

Perhaps you’ll pull the camera all the way to the left and follow the armed soldier who’s guarding the boisterous protesters, or maybe you’ll swivel to the right and see what that market vendor over there is selling? That’s what I did anyway, but why don’t you try it out for yourself?

Hitman’s episodic release model has ruffled some feathers along the way, however it seems after the initial underwhelming Paris mission, things have got increasingly better. Edwin seemed to enjoy his time with the latest episode, and praised its densely populated map for offering more of a challenge than what’s come before. Marrakesh seems like an intriguing hunting ground, then, and here’s how he described it:

“The city is a blur of colour and sound – helicopters roaring over the market square, chattering TV sets, plumes of shisha smoke, gossiping labourers, masked figures slapping up posters – but it’s a lot more readable than I was expecting from my hands-off demo in April. The map essentially consists of four large zones: besides the market and the protest rally, there’s a tumbledown school turned military base that’s home to one of your primary targets, a general with despotic aspirations, and the [Swedish] consulate itself, an oasis of quintessentially Scandinavian calm where you’ll find the other mark, a villainous banker.”

While there’s only been a handful of Steam reviews posted for Episode 3, at the time of writing, one assured user simply states Marrakesh is “Better than Sapienza.” If you’ve dived in already tell us what you think in the comments below.

Hitman: Episode 3 – Marrakesh is out now.

From this site

1. Stevostin says:

This emphasize how much better the game would be in first person. At least to me :P

2. Jediben says:

Better than Sapienza? CANNOT GET HOME FAST ENOUGH!

3. Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

If you want to save yourself a lot of aggro, either wait a few days or play in DX11 mode. I had about 10 CTDs playing the new story mission, along with textures disappearing while you aim. That said, this bug could have been present since that start; Marrakech is the first level that has forced me to pull a gun to succeed.

Also the frame rate has been super shitty, even on the lowest settings, which was not the case for the other 2 episodes I played.

• FLoJ says:

You definitely don’t need a gun – or any KO’s – or any distractions – or any disguises! Hardcore runs are definitely possible.

• Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

I’m not saying it’s impossible without a gun at all. I’m just saying that this is the only map that I felt the need to do it. Looking at your below post, we have different play styles: I usually do a level in one very long and drawn out try and exploiting opportunities (actual opportunities, not the scripted ones in game) , rather than observing what’s going on then reloading.

• HopeHubris says:

What parts did you feel required a gun? I use a controller, and gun-play is fairly rubbish with one of those, so I never even bother.
          There are definitely ways to get the general without following the script, though I did go the masseuse route for the other guy

• HopeHubris says:

I didn’t use a gun at all, but I did knock out about 5 people

4. Banks says:

Incredible mission, my favourite so far. The setting is sublime.

5. FLoJ says:

Not sure it’s as good as Sapienza due to the target placements – it feels like 2 separate small maps divided by a hustle and bustle middle map that doesn’t really affect much.

Then again I didn’t play with the opportunities and just went for a fairly standard suit only run (with many many stages of get a disguise, explore/observe, reload). It definitely feels like it was more designed around the escalations and elusive targets to be placed in other areas of the map than the school/embassy.

6. Raoul Duke says:

This episodic nonsense is a marketing strategy designed to keep the hype surrounding this game at a low boil for an extended period of time.

By breathlessly reporting on each little slice of this game, I humbly suggest that RPS is getting sucked in by that strategy.

Ericusson says:

I feel the RPS editorial line changed around the time of fallout 4 review. Maybe it’s just me maybe not. Just have to take the website for its positive points.

7. Sinjun says:

Episode 3 was great, just as good as 2. I already have 35 hours clocked in this game and still have 6 levels of mastery left on Sapienza and have only run through Marrakesh once. There’s an insane amount of stuff to do and different ways to do it.