Her Story, Read Only Memories & Cibele For $1 In Humble Narrative Bundle

Wowee, isn’t this a nice little surprise to help us shake off the Tuesday Wednesday blues? The latest Humble Bundle – Humble Narrative Bundle – has kicked off and, as always, the first tier is in familiar “pay what you want” format, with Steam keys costing a minimum of $1. Thing is, this particular collection’s premier platform features one-time RPS Game of the Month and FMV Game of 2015 Her Story, cyberpunk retro point-and-clicker Read Only Memories, and Nina Freeman’s lovely semi-autobiographical adventure Cibele. Based on those alone this is probably my favourite bundle yet, but there’s more.

Paying above the average price – which, at the time of writing, is $4.10 – nets you Double Fine’s Broken Age; 80 Days – the game we felt had the best writing of 2015; and fantasy adventures Sorcery! Parts 1 And 2. If you’re feeling flush, parting with $10 or more will see turn-based tactical role-player Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition thrown into that wonderful mix.

While that last lot is undoubtedly great value for money, I really can’t get my head around the first tier. Seriously, any one of those games for that price is remarkable, far less all three at once.

And you don’t even need to take my word for it either. Why not read Adam waxing lyrical about Her Story? Or hear John’s positive impressions of a game within a genre he’d not normally visit? Or discover why Katherine Cross thinks Cibele is a love letter to MMO communities?

The Humble Narrative Bundle is on now and will run until June 14. You should totally check it out.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Optimaximal says:

This seems to be Humble’s MO at the moment, flip flopping between 1-2 genuinely great bundles followed by a few repeats/publisher deals/remixes.

2. Rizlar says:

Jesus christ, felt like it was wednesday all of yesterday, so when you said ‘tuesday blues’ it freaked me right out. Also it’s wednesday.

• Joe Donnelly says:

You’re absolutely right! (Bloomin’ bank holiday throwing me off.)

3. FunnyB says:

So… What happened to “Game of the Month”? From a search, it doesn’t seem to have occurred for quite awhile now…

4. gbrading says:

Great bundle, definitely jumping on this. I’ve got Her Story but I’ve wanted to try Read Only Memories and Cibele.

5. suibhne says:

Finally, a bundle where I hadn’t yet picked up any of the individual games (except Shadowrun) and wanted all of them.

6. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Yoinked it already. I wanted to get into Her Story and this is as good an opportunity as any. But yeah, only $1? Then again, I usually end up at the 20+ euros for humble bundles.

7. icarussc says:

Just popped in to say at Shadowrun: Hong Kong is absolutely worth the tradeup to the top tier. One of my favorite games of last year, and easily the best of the recent Shadowrun trilogy.

• crépuscule says:

Would you advise an uninitiated Shadowrun player to start with Hong Kong, or would it be better to begin with Dragonfall?

• dorobo says:

Dragonfall is too much reading.. know nothing about hong kong

• MisterFurious says:

If you thought ‘Dragonfall’ was too much reading, you’d hate ‘Hong Kong’. It’s pretty much a book with a little bit of game in it. I thought ‘Dragonfall’ got the balance of game and text right but ‘Hong Kong’ went too far with the text. Plus, I didn’t care for the characters or story that much and I didn’t like the changes to the Matrix, either.

• MisterFurious says:

I advise the uninitiated to start with ‘Shadowrun Returns’ because it’s pretty short and gives you a taste of what the games are like without eating up too much of your time. It’s a pretty good story. ‘Dragonfall’ is better but it’s quite a bit longer. Opinions on ‘Hong Kong’ are mixed. I didn’t care for it and a lot of other people didn’t, either.

8. crépuscule says:

First bundle I’ve purchased in a couple years. I’m a sucker for narrative games!