What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

Alice is still on holiday, not back till Monday, which means it falls to me to do the terrible duty this week of asking and telling: what are we all playing this weekend? Read on for the optimistic lies we tell ourselves.

Adam: This weekend, I will be playing both Stellaris and Total War: Warhammer, due to a strategy game drought during my holiday a week ago. I’m also planning to take a look at Dangerous Golf, the new game from the founders of Criterion, because it’s about playing golf with explosives in a kitchen. Or at least it’s about something similar enough to that concept to make me excited.
Alec: I’m still stealing a bit of time every evening for Bloodborne. I’ve got a gold triangle for a face now and everything. I’m also about to take delivery of a box of Eldar, as I have finally lapsed and gone back to Warhammer 40,000 painting for the first time since the 90s. When my initial efforts at brushwork turn inevitably disastrous, I shall return to the delightfully stompy and neon mini-mech affair Brigador, which is also quite difficult but at least I get to squish people every time I hit the Space bar.
Alice: [Alice is on holiday, which means I imagine she is playing with the pond witches or soaking with the loch maidens or sloshing around with the brook buddies.]
Graham: If I play anything, it’ll be Overwatch. I’ve been squeezing games into lunch breaks all this week and gradually expanding my comfort with different characters. I’ve yet to play a support character I enjoy, though I do enjoy being useful.
John: [John is also on holiday this week, which means I should imagine he’s crouched in some underbrush somewhere, biding his time.]
Philippa: I have no idea what I will be playing as I’m heading up to the UK Games Expo for the weekend so hopefully the days will be full of nice surprises and cardboard bits and pieces! Failing that, I’ll probably continue replaying Warcraft 3 on Sunday night.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

1. duxdaro says:

Blood and Wine + Tearaway Unfolded.

2. cairbre says:

The missus is off to Westport, Co. Mayo for the weekend so I will be playing lots and lots this weekend. I’m thinking some Witcher 3. I want to finish the main story quest and then some strategy Stellaris maybe.

zinzan says:

Probably “Mount & Blade: Warband”, which I’m trying to get into (AGAIN) :)

Possibly some “Rule The Waves” which is strangely addictive and mildly maddening at the same time.

Definetely a few PBeM turns of my various “Combat Mission” games.

Andy_Panthro says:

I am very tempted to go back to Warband (one of my most-played games ever). I do love it, even if I usually get bored before I actually finish a game (the early stuff is so much more interesting than the endless sieges of the endgame).

I also watched a video showing the new game, Bannerlord, the other day: link to youtube.com (via PC Gamer), and it looks very much like a slightly prettier, more detailed version of Warband. Which is all I could ask for from a sequel.

zinzan says:

mmmmmmmmm Bannerlord, looks very, very, very good :) I am wondering if I’m ever going to get good at the combat in M&B.

• Gomer_Pyle says:

And it has board games :D

Andy_Panthro says:

Forget review scores, in the future we shall grade all gaming experience by the quality, variety and quantity of it’s in-game board gaming.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Lets you play a board game on a crate or a barrel.

10/10

4. Blowfeld81 says:

First of all I will finally get my hands on Fire Emblem Fates for the next business trip. Was a shame that I could not get my hands on the special edition as it was bought multiple times by greedy people and I will not give them one cent on ebay although money would not be the problem. Principles…

For glorious PC gaming, I am gonna go for a few titles that will make me feel salty and torn:

Salt & Sanctuary, for late night.
    Maybe some Overwatch or Mechwarrior Online to get reminded that I horribly suck at shooters.
    Got an evolved gauntlet match open for weeks now in HEX, a game that I would love to play more, but it is so hard to get into it, once you were absent for 3 seasons since the end of beta.

Or perhaps I abandon all above and finally end Dust- An Elysian Tail. A game which I loved and somehow stopped playing a year ago.

I wish I would play more games til the end, but somehow I start losing momentum midway and returning after a while is always like a huge obstacle… Do you guys know that feeling?

Anyways, have a great weekend everybody!

• welverin says:

I do, I don’t really lose momentum, but playing a game is a bit habit for me, so if don’t stick with it and don’t play for a while for any reason get back into it is a challenge.

Sometimes all you can do is force yourself to play even if you don’t feel into it.

magogjack says:

Overwatch and MWO for me as well, been saving up for a Mauler because Dakka and learning counters in the ‘watch.

• fish99 says:

Yeah the longer you leave a game the harder it is to find the motivation to pick it up again, especially something like a big RPG, or a complex game.

Andy_Panthro says:

I’m currently half-way through Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Firewatch, Dishonored: Brigmore Witches, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Pillars of Eternity, and Heroine’s Quest.

So of course this weekend I decided to install Counterstrike: Source and Mount & Blade: Warband, two games which I have played extensively in the past.

I do try and tell myself not to buy new games until I’ve finished the old ones, and yet my list of half-finished games grows ever larger.

• cairbre says:

It’s good to know I’m not alone. I have started banning myself buying games for a month if I don’t play a game I buy. First world problems indeed.

5. Spacewalk says:

I snagged Hard Reset Redux for three bucks so that’ll be a few hours of using a cyber sword to dissect cyber bots.

6. Keios says:

Overwatch. Now I’ve discovered the joys of killing people by headshotting them with Mercy’s blaster from miles away.

7. ramirezfm says:

Finished Satellite Reign, gonna hunt some achievements before I let it go. Some Blade & Soul as usual. Maybe gonna finish Trine 3, oh em gee it’s sooooo pretty. And, as this is MotoGP weekend, I’m gonna stroll in MotoGP 15 for a while.

8. SomeDuder says:

FINALLY finished Kingdoms of Amalur (If you want feel like undertaking a quest of a lifetime, then play this game to 100% completion…), now trying Shadow of Mordor. Which is turning out pretty damn great. At several points, I’m genuinly smiling ear to ear at how cinmatic the whole game is, from the combat to the cinematics, which feature genuinly good voice-acting.

Another positive is that after a week of playing (A few hours per day) I’m already at the half-way point, so it feels like I can actually finish it in 1 lifetime, something that could not be said for Amalur.

• dawnmane says:

Those are wonderful games! Thank you for bringing them up again.

• fish99 says:

Always delighted to see someone finish Kingdoms of Amalur, because let’s face it, not many people have. It’s also a very fun and underrated game IMO. Grats!

• gabrielonuris says:

I’ve finished it last weekend, and it’s not a very big game indeed, but it’s enough. Actually, it leaves you wanting a little more, but if you bought it with the DLCs, you’ll have enough to satiate your orc slaying needs.

Cross says:

I’m playing the Exam Game… And Warframe, whenever i can squeeze in a free moment.

10. Neurotic says:

Crossing palms with silver and rubbing crystal balls with the new Path of Exile update; finishing up the hydroponics lab in Viscera Cleanup Detail, and investigating the new Steam-friendly Allods Online.

11. dangermouse76 says:

Civ V. I am going for a culture victory this time round as I have not done that before. It’s quite hard apparently.
    One thing I have found a little annoying, all mods seem to make the game freeze when it begins your journey.

I really wanted to try the Ultimate era mod but it simply crashes the game every time.

• davepeak says:

Good luck on your Culture Victory! Since BNW it is a unique challenge! Which Civ did you choose?

I’ll play Civ V, too! My randomizer made me start a new game as Morocco (for the first time), Diplo Victory only, Small Continents, map size unknown. I wonder if I’ll be able to play more than the first 100-150 turns before getting bored and start another game!

I’ll also add a bit of Witcher 3 main story, still in the prologue, not addicted yet.

12. Morcane says:

Witcher 3. I’m just so addicted to it again, it’s such a bloody good game.

And being giddy as a kid, since my HTC Vive shipped on Friday. I’m an Early Adopting Idiot. \o/

• Swordfishtrombone says:

I *really* want to play the expansions to TW3, but… I just enjoyed the game so damn much that I kind of never want to go back to it, in order that my memories of it remain as perfect and glorious as they are now. I honestly can’t remember ever enjoying a game to the extent that I did TW3. (And I’m a lifelong “gamer”.)

• Imbecile says:

I had the same impressions, but the dlc is definitely worthwhile. I probably prefer the first dlc to blood and wine, but they are both very good.

caff says:

Rocket League.

I want to play something else. Seriously I do. I have lots of other games to play. But for some reason, my mouse can only click on ‘Rocket League’ on my Steam games list. I think my mouse is faulty.

• SomeDuder says:

Rocket League is one of those games for which the Free Weekend deal worked very well – I didn’t buy it, mostly because I already have a huge backlog I committed myself to play through first, but it was close!

For anyone still in doubt, I highly recommend watching some Youtube vids of the various tournaments (Doomsee is my favourite), it’s insane what some of the players can do.

14. Ksempac says:

The same thing I’ve been playing for 2 months now: Rainbow Six Siege !
    I really hope the new Starter Edition gets folks to try out that fantastic, quite unique game.

• Admiral Aitchbar says:

Yeah I picked up the Starter edition cos it seems to be such a damn good deal.
      Currently getting my arse handed to me playing the first Tutorial situation thing on Realistic :( raggen-fraggen-wallhax AI

• aepervius says:

Yeah had that problem at the start, but I have beena t it for 30 years now over 3 versions of D&D, so… When in doubt I simply make a dry run with the char they have and see if I have difficulties. It is a bit slow but within 10-15 minutes you know if the encounter is too much.

• Ksempac says:

Don’t play the situations on Realistic for now. Realistic is very hard, even for players with a decent level. Play it on normal, and you will get a decent challenge…some of the later situations will really require to learn the game, even on Normal.

If you want to finish them on Realistic, i recommend you come back to them after getting a fairly good number of hours on the game.

15. aepervius says:

D&D pen and paper with a group. Which means I will have no time for PC games, as i need to adapt the DC of traps to my party level, the CR of the encounter and add the meta of the campaign to the scenario.

Ben King says:

I haven’t played with my group in a month but I’m out of town away from my PC and am working on random encounters for the next time we play… Trying to make a mix of mysteries, puzzles traps and combat with rewarding items at the end. The number crunching of leveling encounters is not hard, but also not my strong suit and I’m always slow at it and worry I’m making stuff too easy or deadly…

16. dawnmane says:

Lords of the Fallen, to my surprise. It seems Dark Souls 3’s way of teaching you to be a little less defensive really pays of as training for LOTF, so I am finally getting somewhere in the game.

Also The Division, which is sucking me back in again + my campaign with Kholek Suneater in Total Warhammer. He is huge and terrifying and the Kislev infantry flees before him. The Chaos forces have always seemed the least interesting for me in Warhammer Fantasy, but playing them in Total War made me get it.

17. Zekiel says:

Just got back to Pillars of Eternity (halfway through 2nd playthrough). Currently not playing and instead devising strategies in my head for how to deal with *@#$!& spores which just ruined my party with confuse and dominate :-(

18. welverin says:

There’s a challenge for Evolve this weekend, so definitely a bit of that, then some mix of Doom and Destiny around my nephews graduation and D&D tonight.

Aitrus says:

Well I just finished Oxenfree (both rounds, I think the update was just a few days ago), and that was good, but I guess all I have left to play is OVERWATCH BABY WOOHOO!

20. Agnosticus says:

If I’ll find the time, I’ll be looking into Hard Reset Redux. I seems to be exactly my cup of tea! Maybe with some Salt (and Sanctuary) sprinkled in. ;)

21. Vacuity729 says:

Skyrim, with a smallish smattering of mods. It’s… strange coming back to an Elder Scrolls game when I haven’t played one in years; it almost makes me melancholy somehow.

particlese says:

Skyrim here, too. I shot my mouth (fingers) off about liking ESO recently, so I decided to get some perspective back since it’s been about a year since I last played Skyrim. Could’ve gone with another TES game for extra nostalgia, but since I haven’t played Dragonborn yet, Skyrim/Dragonborn it is.

…and then I got distracted by in-game books, so I haven’t really “played” it much yet.

particlese says:

Okay, yeah, ESO and Skyrim are pretty different games. Same world, very different atmosphere, and I do like Skyrim’s better. I could do without all the crashing and UI design problems, though. Time to go sifting through mods again!

22. TheAngriestHobo says:

Well, I’m going to start this morning off with some EUIV… I’ve got an Ironman game going in which I’ve managed to form the Uncommonwealth as Lithuania while simultaneously containing Muscovy and preventing the rise of Russia (at a hefty military price, but it’s totally worth it). However, even declawed, they’re still pissed off and dangerous, and I have the Ottomans sitting in the Balkans a stone’s throw from my borders, so maintaining my momentum is going to be tricky.

I also have a Dwarf Fortress game going at the moment. I started in year 5 (it’s around 9 or 10 now, I think), and it’s been an odd game. Minerals and savagery are at their second-highest level, but I’ve only really seen the minerals side of that equation… I’m swimming in gold, and apparently there are no humans, elves, or goblins on my continent to muck it all up. The worst I have to deal with is a wandering cyclops every now and then.

That said, I’m having a hard time setting up my library, due to literally zero literate migrants. Is it possible my society has no readers? If so, am I screwed on the literary front?

23. lglethal says:

Not much time to play this weekend alas. (Especially since I’ll be at a wedding next weekend, so wont have ANY time to play then). Hopefully I will get a bit more time to actually sit down and finish Divinty: Original Sin. Also still need to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider, but probably wont get that done as I feel like I need a good few hours with that rather then jumping in for 30 minutes here and there (as I can do in D:OS).

But to be honest, I’ll be happy if I get in any gaming this weekend…

Jekadu says:

When I am not cuddling with my brother’s amazingly fluffy Norwegian Forest Cat, stroking his fur and scratching his head, napping with him purring on my chest, watching him chase a laser pointer, and making up for a whole bunch of cat-less time since my own dear passed away, I will probably be playing Elite: Dangerous or Day of the Tentacle.

• charmless says:

elite dangerous also. I’ve had my arse handed to me on a plate (royally) since engineers rolled out apparently due to NPC imbalance. for a casual player it’s been a bit disheartening, however frontier have credited us poor remfs with the insurance costs of all our toasted ships.. pity because the cargo lost cost significantly more. the recent updates have given ED more depth which (re)tapped my interest, god-like npcs notwithstanding.. almost felt like getting reamed in eve.

25. Shinard says:

Exams are over for me, but not for my friends and flatmates so I’ve got a good amount of gaming time this weekend. Probably mostly Overwatch (which I really didn’t expect to grab me the way it has), maybe a bit of Dota, get back into Mount & Blade. And I’ve been meaning to try an Iron Man run of Shadows of Mordor for a while, so now might be the time.

26. Shazbut says:

I’m replaying all of Dishonored after John’s article on it a couple of weeks ago. The story isn’t much but what a masterpiece of game design it is. It’s the only first person game I’ve played that I feel inclined to try speedrunning with. Amazing that the game can be equally fun as a racetrack and as a slow immersive experience. Can’t wait for the sequel

27. Barberetti says:

In the mood for a DOOM fix, and haven’t blasted through it for a few years, so yeah, DOOM. Probably some Duskers and Strife later.

28. preshrunk_cyberpunk says:

Path of Exile. That is all.

29. log1932 says:

Sunless Sea, because I’m simply addicted to it and want to see all endings before the glorious zubmarine fleet arrives.

Call of Duty 2: Spanish Civil War mod. Since three years, it has been my habit to install it again when hot summer days begin, just for the immersion. Besides, throwing grenades at anarchists and blowing up Soviet tanks as a Italian legionary is my idea of fun.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I will be stomping around future cities in Brigador mixed with stomping around as a cute Korean in a pretty mech in Overwatch.

I still have DOOM to finish one of these days….

31. Thirdrail says:

Overwatch was a *ton* of fun while it lasted, but now I’m in the 70s level-wise, and every loot box I get is just a bunch of worthless duplicates. Once the boxes stop mattering, there’s very little sense of progression or accomplishment left to be had in Overwatch, so most of this weekend will be spent in Star Wars Battlefront, where there are still a million things to do and unlock.

32. Xristo says:

Checking out the Dark Brotherhood in The Elder Scrolls Online.

33. malkav11 says:

Going to try to finish Assassin’s Creed III, or at least the main game. Still debating if I care about the Tyranny of Washington DLC. I probably should since I bought the Deluxe Edition waaaaaaaaay back in the day so I spent money for it and all, but it’s also totally non canon and probably not amazingly exciting. Once that’s done, might be straight on into AC: Liberation HD.

Also picked up The Division last weekend and invested just enough time to open the base of operations. Would enjoy playing more but not sure I want to dedicate my whole weekend to Ubisoft Map Icons ™.

The Humble Narrative Bundle has reminded me that I should finish Shadowrun Dragonfall: DC and move on to Hong Kong, and I wouldn’t mind working more on Pillars of Eternity (I think I have White March part II, a couple of obscenely difficult optional boss fights, and the final dungeon to go.), Dragon Age Inquisition (no idea), Avadon: The Black Fortress (what with Avadon 3 coming soon I am falling behind badly. I think I’m towards the end though), etc.

• Blastaz says:

Tyranny of King Washington is fun and if your not trying to 100% it can be breezed through pretty quickly. Some of the magic powers are worth a quick blast as they put a different spin on the gameplay. And it starts a more supernatural in the expansion vibe which they continued ever since, most notably in Jack the Ripper. Also it IS cannon. Sort of :)

Liberation is good fun, but will take a little time to get used to the tweaked controls and combat. The best random AC story wise is Rogue which ties together all (5?) other eighteenth century games relatively nicely.

Personally I have been playing Witcher blood and wine and total Warhammer. Finished an all achievements run as empire and a vh game as dwarfs, although there is no way I’m grinding out all 60 techs as that will take another 200 turns or so… Think it’s probably time to go back to touissant and enjoy the new computer the wife bought me.

• malkav11 says:

Well, finished ACIII. The ending wasn’t the particular flavor of bullshit I was expecting (perfunctory, unenlightening). Rather, it presents a really key two poled narrative choice and then not only doesn’t let you make that choice but has Desmond pick the flagrantly worse of the two. Gross. Tried the DLC and was having a decent time until it froze while reloading from a combat encounter that killed me. I’ll give that one a rest for a bit, I think.

• Blastaz says:

So you would anihalate the world rather than wreck it? Interesting utilitarian choice!

• malkav11 says:

I’d trust the one that’s been helpful and told me what’s up rather than the one that’s said she hates us all with an intense rage and hasn’t ever shared what her actual plan is. It’s not that there’s a good choice, but one (the one that Desmond picks) seems clearly wrong to me.

34. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Still getting through the back catalogue – Metro: Last Light finished last weekend. The Talos Principle annoyingly started doing a whole PC crash every 10 minutes after I’d got 3/4 of the way through. So went on to the Dishonored DLC, which I finished last night. My word that game is good, and the DLC even better. Am now super excited for the sequel and contemplating another playthrough.

But first! Witcher 3 is calling me. Skellige Isles left, and a whole mass of side quests and gwent cards unplayed. I feel another look is in order for my third block of time with the game. Something rugged and fisherman-like, methinks.

35. Foosnark says:

Overwatch, and when that frustrates me, Dirt Rally, and when that frustrates me, Diablo III.

36. HefHughner says:

Stellaris has ignited my love for space games again. I reinstalled Freelancer and play 3030 Deathwar Redux as a lunch break game. But… i am in the end game of my third Stellaris playthrough and i get the impression i have seen most of what it has to offer for now, so maybe i’ll buy GalCiv 3 or MoO. Leaning towards GalCiv3 though, because MoO looks very shallow.

teije says:

The good thing is that Stellaris will be expanded so much you can come back in a year and it will be like playing a whole new game.

• Boardwalker says:

I’m so hooked on GC3 that I’ve had very little time to devote to Stellaris. What I’ve played so far hasn’t impressed me that much, but I’m looking forward to what they do with it down the road.

37. Bobtree says:

Dota 2, for Battle Pass points, and then Total Warhammer, with interludes of Overwatch, Just Cause 3, Starward Rogue, and Rebel Galaxy.

38. Sandepande says:

SPAZ 2.

AutonomyLost says:

I’ll be finishing up the last couple levels in DOOM, as I failed to do so last weekend. Then continuing on with my Witcher 3 campaign.

40. kud13 says:

Blood and Wine, whenever I’ll be able to squeeze in some free time. It’s immense, and I feel lost in it already (in a good way)

41. liquidsoap89 says:

I’ve finished Dishonoured and The Knife of Dunwall DLC, so now I’m on to The Brigmore Witches.

Did you all know that Dishonoured is incredible? All the reviews said it was great, and I thought it looked like it was… But I’m only playing it for the first time now.

I’m now extremely excited that we’re getting XCOM, Deus Ex, Total War AND Dishonoured in the same year!

Aitrus says:

The world cannot have enough Dishonored lovers.

• liquidsoap89 says:

It really is fantastic. The art style is great, the pacing of the story is really nice (the abrupt ending notwithstanding), and the amount of options you have in the missions is stunning!

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Yes! Just finished Brigmore Witches myself. It is a brilliant game, and the best thing about it is it’s a grower. The more comfortable you become with your character’s skill set the more the game opens up for you and the more fun you can have. The DLC is especially well made, real playgrounds to Blink your way around causing (low) chaos

• welverin says:

Yep, this is a great year, swap Uncharted 4 for Total War: Warhammer for me though. The only disappointment is Mass Effect Andromeda got delayed, though I expected that.

42. fish99 says:

Nothing. No GPU.

Well, nothing on PC. I did finally get unstuck on Ocarina of Time though (3DS). I’m now looking for someone who knows where the two last sages are, so basically the ‘go talk to everyone in the whole game until you get lucky’ quest (not looking for suggestions btw).

43. Guilty Bearcub says:

Even though it’s exam month, and i should be studying 24/7, i’ll probably sneak in some metal gear solid 3, which i’m trying to get into. (I heard it was amazing, so i figured i should give it a shot)

AutonomyLost says:

Ah, I WISH we had Snake Eater on PC. That is the only MGS I haven’t played and loved to pieces. Have fun with it!

Thulsa Hex says:

I don’t usually emulate games but I really, really wanted to get up to speed with Big Boss’ story before MGSV dropped, so I did for MGS3. The PS2 version of Subsistence worked extremely well on my PC. The only issue had to do with how aiming and non-lethal melee actions were originally linked to the pressure-sensitive face buttons of the DualShock 2 controller. I got around this with some creative re-mapping, and had a seriously good time with the game.

• welverin says:

It was a really good game, but it’s a Metal Gear game and an old one. So not only does it have the innate MG weirdness, but it was before they started modernizing the controls.

44. Boult Upright says:

Sunless Sea, and quite a bit of it.

45. JoshG1328 says:

Dead by Daylight beta to hype myself up for the full release in 10 days.

46. Necrourgist says:

I finally build myself a gaming PC just today, so Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3, Magic Duels, Hand of Fate, Shadow of Mordor, Dishonored, Modded Skyrim…This will be a loooong 7 day weekend!

Aitrus says:

Congrats on your new PC! :)

• welverin says:

I’ve got some bad news for you, some of those games are seven week games, one or two could stretch to months.

• Necrourgist says:

Thank you Aitrus :D Was about time, my previous one died on me 4 months ago after 7 years of loyal service. 4 months without gaming :P

Welverin, with 7 days weekend i meant 7 days to download it all (probably) since i “only” have a 6k 1&1 connection and i get about 700KB/sec to 800KB/sec down. It’s fine for online gaming ping-wise but downloads take from half an hour (~1gb games) to 10, 12 hours (~around and above 15 to 20gb games). I think one the games i own is a 30gb game…I slept this night only because DAI took so damn long and i didn’t know what else to do.

Buuut. At least DAI is all set up and running now, including mods and all the DLC. Yay! And it looks and plays magnificient!

teije says:

Stellaris. I need to stop restarting with interesting new builds and actually get to the end game. Before Hearts of Iron IV comes out on Monday and becomes a whole new time suck from Paradox. Man, that studio is being a right bastard this spring.

48. Marblecake says:

Ever get that feeling of déja vu?

49. rahji says:

I finally managed to post here again. Through some reason I was constantly logged off even though I just logged in. Had to delete the cookies. So…
    Witcher 3 Blood and Wine. Great so far. Feels like a really interesting tale.

50. Darth Gangrel says:

I was playing Mass Effect 1 until after midnight on Saturday (so, it’s actually Sunday now), but I’ve just beaten it, so I’ll probably play something else the rest of Sunday.

• davepeak says:

Congratulations! Was it your first playthrough? What did you enjoy the most?

• lglethal says:

I can recommend Mass Effect 2… ;)

• welverin says:

And three, don’t let all the whinging about the ending deter you, it’s a really good game.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Yeah, I’ve been going through all the (to me) modern games I’ve been forsaking for years while playing old games like Knights of the Old Republic 1. ME 1 felt very much like KotOR 1 in a good way, but was quite different in other good ways.

I liked the FPS/RPG mix, being able to run and take cover/flank the enemy. The biotic powers were fun as well. However, what I liked most was the voice acting and dialogue choices. I’m a sucker for good voice acting and always clicked on Investigate to hear more of it. I had enough steely resolve not to reload and try out Renegade options while playing as a Paragon. I’ll save that for the next playthrough, even though I find it hard to be an a-hole in games. In KotOR 1, I only once chose to be bad and that was at the very last part, just to see how it would play out.