E3 2016 Press Conference Streams: What, When, And Where To Watch

E3 isn’t nearly as central to video games as it once was, given how many splendid games are now released without big publishers or marketing budgets, but it’s still a lark innit? All those fancy video games, all in one place, all on stage singing and dancing, all in one week so dense with announcements that you’ll miss most and only discover weeks later that they even happened? Very colourful. Lots of exciting loud noises too.

So! When are the big press conferences to watch? I’ll tell you.

I think most things will simply be streamed on YouTube’s E3 doodad this year and publishers’ own YouTube channels – or Twitch, if you’re a glutton for punishment. Kids these days don’t know how good they’ve got it. I’ve watched E3 press conferences in some mighty painful ways in my time, low-res and stuttering through rebroadcasts of TV channels through some godforsaken plugin which crashes every five minutes, but YouTube makes streams actually quite nice. It took us too long to reach this point.

I’ll be watching, so consider this a schedule of when to drink with your old pal Alice.

Electronic Arts
Sunday, June 12 – 1pm Pacific (9pm UK time)

They’ll be showing more of Battlefield 1, obvs, including some 64-player action. Titanfall 2 will be stomping about, plus the Frostbitten FIFA 17 and whatnot. And surprises?

EA’s E3 hub doodad is over here.

Bethesda
Sunday, June 12 – 7pm Pacific (3am on Monday UK time)

Show me all of the Dishonored 2, okay, cool, thanks.

Beyond that? They’ve got that bland-looking Elder Scrolls card game in the works. I imagine they’ll show Doom and Fallout 4 DLC too. And who knows what the gangs behind The Evil Within and Wofenstein: The New Order have been working on?

After a rocky start to their recent branching-out, releasing duffers like Rogue Warrior, Bethesda have become quite exciting. I wonder if they have any surprises in store.

Maybe they’ll even super-surprise everyone with Prey 2. Don’t get your hopes up, considering officially it’s cancelled. Though I suppose Bernband gave me most of what I wanted from Prey 2 anyway.

Microsoft
Monday, June 13 – 9:30am Pacific (5:30pm UK time)

A peek at Halo 5’s sandbox Forge standalone, probably? Beyond that, I haven’t the foggiest. Microsoft have been testing the waters with games for Windows 10 but haven’t committed their proper big fancy games to PC yet. Maybe they’ll say more now that everyone has upgraded to Windows 10 whether they want to or not.

Look, avoid saying anything daft about your role in the future of PC gaming and we’ll get on just fine.

PC Gamer
Monday, June 13 – 11:30am Pacific (7:30pm UK time)

Our pals at the cheery RPS fanzine PC Gamer are running their PC Gaming Show again this year. They say they’ll bring in folks including Paradox, TaleWorlds, Bohemia Interactive, Relic, Sega, and Boss Key, but I suspect this is all a front for their annual RPS Fan Poetry Slam and the RPS Diorama Competition. A little birdie tells me someone’s made a cracking ‘Alice drunk in a loch’ scene with actual fish!

Ubisoft
Monday, June 13 – 1pm Pacific (9pm UK time)

Watch Dogs 2 is coming, we know. Maybe we’ll see a hint of what Assassin’s Creed is up to on its break. They’ll also show open-world co-op shooter Ghost Recon: Wildlands, poopy RPG South Park: The Fractured But Whole, sword ’em up For Honor, and that Eagle Flight VR game. And surprises? They have said they’ve been working on something properly new-new.

I don’t care what you say, I’m always pleased to see Rabbids goofing off. I like the bit where they yell “DAAAAHHH!” They should put Rabbids in the new Star Wars to meet the silly carpet man.

Ubisoft have a hub page thing and all.

And, of course, this will finally be the actual year Ubisoft really announce properly that they definitely are 100% making Beyond Good & Evil 2 seriously (yuh huh for real).

Sony
Monday, June 13 – 6pm Pacific (2am Tuesday UK time)

Oh, what the hell! If you’re already committing to watching E3 press conferences anyway, why not? Think of the pageantry! Besides, they’ll surely show a number of games that we’ll see on PC too.

If we all coo loud enough at Final Fantasy XV, maybe Square Enix will finally stop pretending that it’s not coming to PC later. The FFVII and XII remakes too.

Nintendo
Tuesday, June 14 – 9am Pacific (5pm UK time)

LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS THEY WILL NEVER GIVE US

From this site

1. BobbyDylan says:

Mount and Blade 2 looks great.

Qazinsky says:

Yes, hopefully we get a release date

• Replikant says:

An improved UI (actually, scratch that, make it a completely new UI, please), improved sieges, additional control over your units in battle (setup phase, maybe even pre-defined maneuvers) and, while you’re at it, you could also improve the graphics if you find time for that.
        That is all we are asking.

P.S.: Oh, and a release date, too.

2. kud13 says:

Maybe Squeenix will finally announce a single-player Legacy of Kain title I’ve been waiting for since Defiance?

• Henke says:

Yeah not sure why Squeenix is left off the list, but here’s the link to the livestream which is happening in 2,5h: link to twitch.tv Apparently there’ll be a DX:MD gameplay demo and reveal of some new project! What could it be? Thief 5? Thief: Episodes? Thief GO? Something that isn’t Thief? PROBABLY!

• kud13 says:

It’s a pre-E3 showing of “Deus Ex universe”, so it’s not really a Squeenix-wide presentation. They’ll probably announce the next tablet game that they’ll later port to PC.

3. Darth Gangrel says:

Now that I know erverything about E3, let’s move on to more important topics:
    Why is there a giant head among the ships in that header image? Is the man with the hat standing above the others trying to hit that giant head or what?

• Lobster9 says:

The scene depicts common street folk bewitched by a slop-house theater production of The Battle of Trafalgar. On the wooden stage we see the gigantic head of Horatio Pym, the eighteenth century physicist who mastered the power of dimensional compression, unleashing his fury upon the french fleet while striding among the ocean depths. In the audience we see the now destitute and discredited Pym brandishing an orange in disgust at his grotesque portrayal.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Yeah, that seems about right, don’t know why I didn’t recognize that myself. Thanks for letting me know.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

That’s not an orange, it’s a helium molecule expanded to a massive size.

4. Merus says:

I’ve mentioned this in other places, but I absolutely do not want a Beyond Good and Evil 2 from modern Ubisoft. The single worst thing Ubisoft could do to the first game is make its sequel into Ubisoft Generic Open World Game: Science Fantasy Edition 2016.

• Andrew says:

Ubisoft Generic Open World Game

Remove “Generic” and you have your “Beyond Good & Evil 1”. Really. If they can pull off good story and don’t fuck up characters, I don’t care if second one will be full of side activities and collectibles – again, they have those in the first one (pearls, animals, races, air hockey). Some crazy fan can do “Black Flag” total conversion and it will be very close to ideal… well, ideal starting point.

I’m not saying they gonna do a great job, just that they can.

• Ancient Evil says:

I heard that Nintendo is funding BG&E 2 as an exclusive for their upcoming NX system. People will complain, just like with Bayonetta 2, but considering the alternative here is likely cancellation, I don’t agree. If Nintendo can rescue this game from being lost to development hell, that makes them heroes, not villains in my book.

link to vg247.com

5. zxcasdqwecat says:

E3 has nothing for me but what happened to serious sam 4?

• Horg says:

Still in development as far as we know, they probably aren’t ready to show anything off yet.

6. Skyhigh says:

Just show us more of “Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord”, ok?
    Thanks, bye!

7. ironman Tetsuo says:

Nit Picking the GMT times as they confused the hell out of me at first….
    Microsoft’s show time is missing a PM
    Ubi’s show is down as AM when it should be PM

You’re welcome :-P

particlese says:

E3 this year is actually a live-action Devil Daggers 2 reveal: conventional convention-goers are the skulls that always swarm your good runs down the tubes; event staff and security are the horned skulls that pop out of their secret doors and police boxes to poke around at random; journalists are the verbally-inclined skulls that know exactly where they want to go but have to dodge the swarms; company reps are the giant spider skulls that steal your shiny things and sneeze green blobs at you in return, which then explode into baby reps that skitter around trying to eat your feet; …

9. santouryuu says:

I just wanted to say,i don’t where the hell you get those extremely weird historical victorianish pics,but i just find them splendid

10. SuicideKing says:

Since RPS missed this one, I’ll add it:

Bohemia Interactive

One particular event to mark in your calendars is the PC Gaming Show 2016 on Monday June 13 at 11:30 PDT / 20:30 CEST. Creative Director Jay Crowe will be on-stage to announce the release date for Apex, and to drop more splendid Intel. The show will be live streamed on various platforms, including a mirror on our Twitch channel. There will no doubt be a recording for on-demand viewing afterwards as well. Be sure to stick around for the after show for more Bohemia Interactive coverage!

And Arma 3 Apex details are out: