Honestly, you wait ages for one elusive target and then… No, I can’t even be bothered to finish that joke. Let’s get to the meat of this announcement so you can get on with your life of assassinating targets and polishing your barcode.
The third Hitman’s [official site] elusive target – The Prince – is now live in Sapienza. Well, he is unless you’ve already taken him out, in which case… good job? Leon would be proud. If not, read on for more:
Okay, so the target is Father Adalrico Candelaria, a cardinal who is apparently a hot candidate for the papacy. “What a lovely man of god”, you may be thinking. But the game swiftly tells you he had links to the Pinochet regime in Chile during the seventies and eighties and I don’t think the game believes in things like redemption or personal growth or international justice. It’s all chandeliers to the neck and bullets to the zucchetto
Your hints for this are that Candelaria is going to visit the chapel in Sapienza and spend some time in prayer. Security will be tight, perhaps because SOMEONE is trying to assassinate him.
I was a bit underwhelmed by the last elusive target, but that was because the plan was to do it as a kind of collaborative effort with my partner – him playing and me doing the advice-from-the-sofa thing so we could come up with a solution together. Unfortunately all that happened was he took Agent 47 onto a little rooftop behind the safehouse and waited a few minutes to see if the target came out of the house via the front door. He did exactly that so the target got taken out with a sniper bullet and Agent 47 moseyed on down to the docks and his getaway boat. I was left with nothing to do but check my phone.
The Prince arrived 2pm (BST) on 8 June and will be sticking around until 2pm (also BST) on 11 June.
Here’s their recap for what an elusive target is in case you’re new to this:
Need a recap? This is Elusive Targets in a nutshell:
– Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
– You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
– Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
– Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.
– Every Elusive Target adds two unique challenges to the game; one ‘target’ challenge for eliminating the specific Elusive Target and a ‘Silent Assassin’ challenge for eliminating the target without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.