Star Wars Battlefront Visiting Cloud City This Month

I adore traps in multiplayer levels. Give me an opportunity to dunk foes into lava, lure them onto landmines, squish them in machinery, or otherwise get ridiculous environmental kills and I’ll be there, lurking by the button. Very few people ever fall for traps, of course, but those rare kills are always worth the wait. So if the next Star Wars Battlefront [official site] doesn’t let players freeze their foes in carbonite for a tacky wall-hanging, I’ll be mighty disappointed.

Battlefront is blasting off to Bespin and its fabulous Cloud City in the next DLC add-on, which EA have announced will debut later this month for Season Pass buyers.

As is customary for Battlefront DLC, the Bespin expansion will bring new maps, weapons, star cards, modes, and all that. Also new hero characters: Lando Calrissian and Dengar. Yeah, I had to look Dengar up on Wookieepedia too. Apparently he’s a bounty hunter who joined the hunt for Han Solo after being called away from a Halloween party where he wore a toilet paper mummy costume.

Here’s the official blurb:

“Join legendary smuggler Lando Calrissian and cold-blooded bounty hunter Dengar in the Cloud City of Bespin. Take to the skies in the new cloud car vehicle and journey through Cloud City and the Administrator’s Palace. The Bespin digital expansion will feature two new blasters to add to your arsenal. No matter your preference of short or long range combat, there will be something new to try out in Cloud City. Hunt enemies within the Bioniip Laboratories or carbon-freezing chambers with the new X-8 Night Sniper and EE-4 blasters.”

Cloud City seems like it’d be a pleasant place to fly around but… did you see that? They mention “carbon-freezing chambers”. Surely this will happen. It must. It can’t not.

Season Pass holders will get to lark about with Bespin from June 21st, while other folks will need to wait two weeks to buy and play it. It’s such a petty policy, that waiting period, especially when the DLC packs cost £11.99/$14.99 each. And considering that Battlefront ditched singleplayer to launch alongside the new movie. Grumble grumble.

Battlefront is on sale right now, by the way, down to £16.66 on Origin. That’s half the price of the DLC season pass, also on sale.

Anyway! This is still, no word of a lie, my favourite moment in any Star Wars game:

From this site

1. Chaz says:

I have read that Star Wars Battlefront will be getting released as a PlayStation VR game. If this is so, do we know if the PC version will be getting VR support too at some point in the future?

• naetharu says:

I would be very surprised if that were the case given the processing power that would be needed to pull that off at the fps needed. Where did you hear this?

• Chaz says:

Just Google Star Wars Battlefront VR, and all the top stories will be about how it’s going to be the poster boy of Playstation VR.

• Chaz says:

Oh, according to the Polygon story it will be VR-exclusive to the PSVR. Wonder if it will be time limited?

• LaRock0wns says:

There is no way battlefront is getting a VR version. You can’t do FPS without making people throw up. It would have to be an entirely different game. Static Camera 3rd person game like Chronos or Space only game like Elite Dangerous.

2. GemFire81 says:

Wow EA will just not let this steaming pile of crap die. This game is so casual and void of any type of depth that i would not even put it in the game category. Its very pretty looking , thats it.

• Cinek says:

It’s EA. They had DLCs budgeted and planned before the release, when they started selling Season Passes.

Besides – don’t they already work on a sequel to this Battlefront?

3. Mi-24 says:

That is definitely the oddest video I have seen in a long while, also who was responsible for those lyrics

• Mi-24 says:

Ok. I take that back. Watching this without the sound is weirder.

4. RaoulDuke says:

I can never stop laughing at that Han Solo video when you put it on an article Alice. Seeing as I’m only over in Glasgow, we need to set up some kind of dance/karaoke party for this game.

Perhaps the http://www.supercube.biz can host us haha. They have projectors in every room, I have an xbox 360 here so we just need a copy of Kinect Star Wars [https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=885370316063#.V1rwHeSiQcM, bam!]

I will also bring “Rock Da Mic” as a bonus PS2 game, you have to rap along to music and it is hilarious also. Who else is up for this?

I’m serious.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

You got a lot of guts reporting this after what you pulled!

6. Det. Bullock says:

“Cloud City seems like it’d be a pleasant place to fly around but…”

…if they are the same as the beta, the controls for flight suck.

• Mi-24 says:

I didn’t play the beta but the air combat is underwhelming. It’s a shame, it might have worked out ok with lovely space battles like in 2, but because there are no massive star destroyers to destroy it all just turns into a massive blob in the middle. also the hero ships are super OP.

7. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

I got this on the console toy and it’s a lot of fun, ideal living room version of proper Battlefield in my eyes. The DLC costs SO MUCH though! No ta.

8. Warduke says:

Are people still playing this? Every time I log in I only ever find a few people online.

9. J.C. says:

Doesn’t seem that way. I guess that’s what EA get’s from not included galactic conquest and making dumb decisions like vehicle spawn tokens and dumb AT-AT on rails ‘take your turn’ mechanics.