Star Wars-O-Rama: Battlefront 2 And Beyond

Many, many Star Wars games are coming from Electronic Arts, that much we already knew. EA took to their E3 stage today to repeat that, this time showing a few behind-the-scenes peeks with concept art and mocapmen from Battlefront II, Visceral’s mysterious Star Wars game, and Respawn’s equally mysterious own long time ago ’em up. Expect Battlefront II next year and Visceral’s game in 2018. Here, have a look:

The E3 presentation did also bring a few more details on various upcoming games.

Star Wars Battlefront II is coming next year, made by DICE with Motive Studios. “We’re building on the foundation of the first game,” Motive general manager Jade Raymond said on stage. “We’re listening to our players and adding more of what you want, including content from the new films”. Hey, maybe this time they might not release a game without singleplayer to meet a movie launch. Just an idea.

2018 will bring the Star Wars game from Dead Space gang Visceral Games. It’s an “action-adventure” game which Raymond says has “an original narrative in the Star Wars universe with new characters”. (This is the one former Uncharted superwriter Amy Hennig is working on.)

As for Respawn Entertainment, Raymond says the Titanfall developers are “exploring a different Star Wars era in their own third-person action-adventure games”.

Do check the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

From this site

1. SuicideKing says:

My mind is blank, the thought of EA actually deserving my money is uncomfortable. :D

2. Det. Bullock says:

Two action adventures, an on-line FPS but no spacesim, grrr.

3. Darth Gangrel says:

I guess we’ll have to wait until 2018 to get a non-MP Star Wars game, since there hasn’t been any word about one getting released later this year. I played through Mass Effect 1 for the first time recently, so my KotoR itch is satiated, but it’s still a long wait. Cyberpunk 2077, Vampyr and other far off games will perhaps be released by that time, so there is no shortage of interesting games ahead, just no interesting Star Wars games until 2018 it seems.

4. bill says:

The most unexciting star wars game announcement ever?

5. mechanixis says:

Man, the pandering in that video. Marketing for Star Wars games is really shameless these days.

6. BarryDennen12 says:

They haven’t even finished the first one yet, and now they want a sequel? Ok!
    And what the ever loving fuck is with the sales pitch? Did they record new interviews for this or did they just hop on YouTube and download stock footage of game developers being forced at gunpoint to tell the player they’re gonna be blown away by this new experience that’s gonna take them to a new world and to the next level of gaming?
    I want out, honestly.

7. Neurotic says:

I find it quite annoying that they’re already pimping SW: Beef 2 before they’ve even finished releasing everything for Beef 1. And that just maybe, there will be an SP campaign this time around. If I had my druthers, I’d always go for the game with the SP content. :-/

8. Comco says:

Wait…Am I the only one who watched a Bioware lead wax lyrical about Star Wars and RPGs and then strongly hint that they were making a new Star Wars games not connected to The Old Republic?

SWKOTOR 3 anyone? :)

9. Carra says:

I just want Star Wars: The Old Republic 3 + Star Wars: Republic Commando 2.

10. Somerled says:

“Hey, maybe this time they might not release a game without singleplayer to meet a movie launch. Just an idea.”

What’s that I see over the horizon? Two more Star Wars movies and a sackful of spin offs? It was a nice idea, it was.

11. Necrourgist says:

Ever since Shitney denounced the Expanded Universe and therefore Republic Commando, Karen Traviss’s work and the Mandalorian warmongering uberwarrior culture as non-canon Star Wars i’ve been through with Star Wars. Star Wars can go rot and die for all i care.

It will however live on in my headcanon…Depressed Clone soldiers desperately fighting for their artifical lives, thrown into the grinding gears of a pseudo-goody two shoes-warmongering Republic…Clone Commandos and ARCs trained by Mandos, carrying on the spirit of Mandalore…etc.

Regarding Star Wars i never ever cared for Jedi or Sith or any of that mumbojumbo bullshit. For me it was always about the futuristic military aspect. All of it!

akaanir adenn, ner’vod! (Not sure of the sentence structure is right on this one but still, FIGHT MERCILESSLY, MY BROTHERS!)

• Necrourgist says:

EDIT BUTTON WHERE ARE YOU?!

“Ever since Shitney denounced the Expanded Universe and therefore Republic Commando, Karen Traviss’s work and the Mandalorian warmongering uberwarrior culture as non-canon, i’ve been through with Star Wars. Star Wars can go rot and die for all i care.”, there the brain fart is gone, happy now?