Titanfall 2 Shows Off Singleplayer, Grappling Hooks

Titanfall 2 [official site] will stomp out on October 28th, Respawn Entertainment have announced during EA’s E3 2016 press event. Along with the usual man vs. man vs. mech multiplayer FPS action, the sequel will introduce a singleplayer campaign. More importantly than that, Respawn shared a look at its grappling hook!

The combination of parkour, pump-action shotgun, stompy murderbot, giant revolver, and grappling hook means that Titanfall 2 is, on paper, surely one of the greatest first-person shooters ever. That’s how it works, right? But really, come have a peek at both sides in the singleplayer and multiplayer trailers.

Titanfall 2 will bring 6 new titans, fancy new gadgets, and what EA call “a deep progression system”. All I need to know is: does that mean I don’t need to grind out levels to unlock the megarevolver? I’d rather have all the cool murdertoys from the start but would settle for shortcuts to gigarevolvers.

Anyway! Look at the cool grappling hooking in this here multiplayer trailer:

And here’s a look at the touching romance between beardyman and murdermachine:

And because I now have to type up a Mass Effect Andromeda thing oh god the announcements come on coming, here’s EA’s press blurb:

“In single player, Titanfall 2 will deliver a crafted experience that explores the unique bond between man and machine. Playable offline, the single player campaign in Titanfall 2 will let fans step out onto the Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming an elite Pilot. Stranded behind enemy lines and facing overwhelming odds, players must team up with a veteran Titan to uphold a mission they were never meant to carry out. In multiplayer, Respawn is continuing to evolve their best-in-class gameplay to provide a more robust experience that delivers expanded depth and variety that includes six new Titans, deeper Pilot abilities, more customisation options, and a robust progression system that is sure to satisfy fans.”

I can’t get no satisfaction.

Do check the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. ran93r says:

Really enjoyed my time with Titanfall, multiplayer was solid and fun. Loading times were my only real problem and then the drop-off of players.

Nice to have a proper single player campaign this time around.

2. Lord_Mordja says:

The multiplayer looks like a hell of a lot of fun, the single…looks like a sorta generic, linear spectacle but at least it’s there.

3. GWOP says:

I get to bond with my own Iron Giant? Aww!

I hope there’s a mech voiced by Vin Diesel.

4. OmNomNom says:

Had high hopes that they could fix what was wrong with the first but it actually looks worse somehow.

5. Robomonk says:

The single player campaign has me intrigue and I’m a sucker for the whole human and machine bond/friendship thing. I really hope my computer can handle this and it’s about the length of Doom 2016 campaign.

6. LionsPhil says:

Pretty sure that guy is going to have a somewhat badly dislocated hip after that save in the singleplayer campaign, assuming the Titan doesn’t just end up sheepishly holding a severed leg.

7. SaintAn says:

Makes me want to play some Lost Planet 1. Unlike this and the first it had really fun MGS-feeling multiplayer and a great singleplayer story. Plus it had grappling hooks too.

8. bill says:

So the singleplayer is Avatar, but you’re playing as one of the bad marine guys in the mechs?

9. Zeyl says:

Titanfall had some serious weapon balance issues, and some terrible maps (I would instantly quit any time Colony loaded). That said, a friend and I played a LOT of Titanfall and loved every minute. I probably spent about a year with the game, and I’ll be honest, I’m incredibly excited for this.

I’ll probably break the rules and preorder. Grapple-hook melee goosers! Sold. If my Titan can throw me in multiplayer as well all my dreams will have come true.

Yes, I went all the way through Gen10 legit.

10. ElkiLG says:

Do titans dream of electric sheep?

Nauallis says:

Apparently I’ve been watching too many Honest Game Trailers. Kept expecting to hear the Titan say “Comment below on what I should say with my awesome voice!”

12. Louis Mayall says:

I don’t play shooters that much, but boy did i love Titanfall. It supported multiple play-styles (including the ‘shit at shooters’ style, by giving you that sweet homing pistol), the move-set was amazing, everything felt meaty and satisfying, having the grunts running around made everything feel busy and alive, slugging it out in mechs was great. Psyched for this one, let’s just hope that the multiplayer lives for more than six months this time.

13. cutechao999 says:

I really enjoyed titanfall but didn’t get it after EA’s little trial week because it had serious replay-ability problems. Hopefully those are fixed this time around because I wanted to love it so bad.