Grrg Argg Gurg: Dead Rising 4 Announced For Win 10

Dead Rising 4 may not be a surprise for folks who keep their ears pressed to the rumour mill (watch yourself: the millstone will tear that right off), but now it’s official. Capcom’s silly open-world zombie monstermash is coming this holiday season, bringing back original protagonist Frank West and even the original setting of a mall in Willamette. Along with silly hats and weapons, it sounds like it’s going a bit Saints Row 4-y with supersuits. I can’t say I object to superpower silliness.

Here, check out the announcement trailer:

Yep, that looks pretty damn ridiculous. But what’s going on in Willamette this time? The announcement explains:

“Frank is back in Willamette, Colorado, 16 years after the events of the original Dead Rising. A mysterious outbreak has overrun the Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall and surrounding town with deadly predators… and Frank soon realizes that what’s dead doesn’t always stay that way.”

He’ll face new forms of zombie, which might be threatening if he couldn’t get an EXO suit with big guns and super strength. Lovely.

It’ll have four-player co-op and all.

Do check out the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. slerbal says:

By Windows 10 I take it you mean that pile of crap known as the Windows “We love Steam and are in no way trying to incompetently destroy it” Store? :D

Not that I’m a cheerleader for Steam especially, but wow the Windows Store is terrible on so many fronts…

• int says:

Dear Xenu, please don’t let it be Windows Store exclusive! Capcom stay on Steam please!

caff says:

This. I really don’t want to use Microsoft’s store to buy games. I have Steam, Origin, Uplay, That’s enough.

• BlueTemplar says:

Really, if PC gaming as we know it (in other words it’s “open” nature) hopes to survive, the whole concept of having only several video-game-industry-companies controlled distribution centers (aka “stores”) has to go…

2. aepervius says:

Oh well, another game which will be unavailable in germany.

3. karnak says:

I’m still sad that they’ve never converted the first game to PC :(

4. Zaxwerks says:

Ah, so by Windows 10 they mean “there’s no technical reason why we couldn’t release it for other versions of the operating system we produce apart from the fact we’re total dicks” OK got it.

5. anHorse says:

I’m using windows 10 so I’m not bothered by the exclusivity of games (although I think it’s bad)

But this also means that they’re exclusive to the fucking awful store, I tried to download some win 10 exclusive game and it wouldn’t let me because I didn’t meet the system requirements but I did meet them

• Kitsunin says:

I decided to try Gigantic and wound up accidentally putting a password on my COMPUTER in the process, for crap’s sake.

• Ross Angus says:

A similar thing happened to me. And because my passwords are generated gibberish, and I couldn’t access my password database, it almost made me rage quit Windows.

6. Dave3d says:

Well, loved 2 and 3.
    I guess I wont be getting 4, because I dont, and wont, have windows 10.
    Goodbye money for MS.

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

3 more years, 7 months and 1 day until Microsoft puts Windows 7 in a sack out back, puts some buckshot in it and throws it in the river.

7. teedle says:

Shame, the trailer kinda looks like DR4 is gonna be another shitty husk of a DR game like 3 was. We’ll see

Syt says:

“Grrg Argg” immediately makes me think of Mutant Enemy Productions, Joss Whedon’s TV production company. :D

caff says:

I rather enjoyed 3. It was my first foray into the series, and initially I found it dull – before I read RPS’ review and saw some of the strange outfits in some of the screenshots. Then I grew to love it.

10. Jetsetlemming says:

Have they fixed the technical issues with games on the Windows Store, like how they can’t work in windowed fullscreen mode, no support for non-VSYNC, etc? Because those bizarre technical details were pretty show-stopping for the entire platform right out the gate.

11. MikoSquiz says:

I’m not sure about going all-out on the wackiness. The mixed tone is what makes it work, frowny-faced posturing about a zombie apocalypse while wearing a Santa hat.

Saints Row IV lost me, too. It was too goofy to register any more, too abstractly wacky to care about. (And giving the player all that power up front took away most of my motivation to keep playing.)

12. BlueTemplar says:

No-one has made a “Games For Windows (10) UN-DEAD” joke?
    RPS commenters, I’m disappointed!