Forza Horizon 3 Announced, Coming To Windows 10

Coo ‘eck, will Microsoft be bringing everything to Windows 10 now? After confirming Gears of War 4 for PC, they announced Forza Horizon 3 [official site] during their E3 press event and yep, it’s also coming to Windows 10 as well as Xbone. Forza Horizon is a spin-off from the Xbox racing series, an open-world zoomer about a wacky car festival. Which means that drivers (and Drivatars!) get to zoom around rainforests, along beaches, and over dunes in a colourful little slice of Australia. It’s due in September.

Horizon 3’s slice of Australia does look jolly nice in this E3 trailer, with everything from rainforest to desert:

Forza Horizon 3 is due out on September 16th. It’s another ‘Xbox Play Anywhere’ game, which means that buying the game digitally for either platform will get you it on both, sharing progress and whatnot between them. It’ll pack a four-player campaign co-op with cross-platform multiplayer too.

Do check out the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. UncleLou says:

Fantastic news, it’s the one franchise on the Xbox I am *seriously* envious of.

• Llewyn says:

Yeah, I bought two 360s because of Forza (as well as lots of DLC) and don’t regret a penny of it. I baulked at a One though, and have held off from 10 so far.

Does anyone know offhand whether MS are revoking 7 & 8 licenses if they’re upgraded to 10? Wondering if I could dual-boot using the free upgrade…

• Don Reba says:

It won’t revoke your previous key, but it will only allow you to have one activated at a time.

• Llewyn says:

Thanks for answering. Guess I have to think of another plan!

2. OscarWilde1854 says:

Absolutely adored the previous iterations! Some of my favorite online gaming with friends. A truly fantastic coop experience, even if you or your friends aren’t really into driving games.

Grizzly says:

Ooooh this is great! Forza Horizon was always the direction I felt the NFS series should have taken, so having it out on PC is rad.

4. michaelolsen1 says:

I want to know if I can run both versions simultaneously, where a friend is co-oping on my xbox while i play on my PC. That Would be nice.

5. MacPoedel says:

Pretty sure that you’ll have to buy it twice for that. The game will probably be connected to your Xbox account and you can’t really play against your own account.

• michaelolsen1 says:

Right, But currently if I am logged into my xbox and my friend (roommate) is logged into his profile on the xbox, my friend can play games linked to my xbox live profile. So it seems like if that functionality remains, I should be able to play with him. But I would like to know for sure.

• cqdemal says:

There’s already an official FAQ entry on saying you can’t do that.

6. Hobbes says:

Windows app? No fuck you very much. Not given the state of anything that comes out of the windows app store. GFWL version 2.0 at this point in time, anyone who’s excited for this, bear in mind you’re being excited for encrypted executables that can’t be run with overlays or video capture, are missing a whole host of features that are the norm for PC users, and at this stage of proceedings, can’t be modded.

Until MS get their shit together and make Windows Apps play nicely with other things and they’re a damn sight more pro-consumer than this pigshit mess they’re offering, they need to be told in big bright letters that they’re not welcome anywhere near PC gaming. Just because they’re dangling Forza in front of you doesn’t excuse them from what they’re doing.

Avoid like the plaeg.

liquidsoap89 says:

A potentially shitty port is still better than nothing at all. I sold my XBox because I never used it. If the other Forza games were available on the PC I never would have bought it in the first place.

Also, from what I’ve heard the PC version of Forza works quite well.

• yogibbear says:

Yep it’s going to be a huge reenactment of the post-GFWL patching/not patching games to work again once MS drop UWP in Windows 2020 or whenever they decide that their free Win 10 updates forever strategy isn’t working. Except I’m sure having to patch a Windows Store / UWP app is much more painful than removing GFWL.

• TheSplund says:

I agree with Hobbes, quite frankly the app store is 100% junk. As for the quality of the frankly unimpressive Forza that came out recently free for Win10 then I’m sure I’ll be not missing anything if I avoid the above.

phuzz says:

I tried the Forza 3(?) demo they had on the windows store. It installed, it ran, my computer did not light on fire. Seemed to all work ok.
      What’s the downsides of windows store apps then?

phuzz says:

(This was completely at odds with my experience with GFWL back in the day, which required update after update, and many reboots before it would let me start a game).

• Zamn10210 says:

You’re presumably referring to the Forza 6 Apex beta – the F2P version of Forza 6 seemingly acting as a trial run.

It’s good. It has an excellent selection of graphics and UI options – better than most native PC games, outstanding for a port. It is a little unstable on my machine but my hardware is getting old and it’s a beta.

It is moderately annoying that the game installed without asking me in a hidden folder which took half an hour to find. But come on, big deal. I can live with it, so can any remotely reasonable person. I’m certainly not going avoid Forza “like the plaeg” over it.

• bitrot says:

B-b-but it’s SHINY…

I’ve been waiting since Forza 4 for this moment and if that means slogging through Microshit’s sub-par “look we Apple nao guize” store then so be it. If the shitty store proves to be no hindrance to the actual game itself then I will be a happy person.