Payday 2 Biker DLC Introducing Playable Ron Perlman

As part of their recent promise to support Payday 2 [official site] for at least the next 18 months, Overkill Software have now revealed what its latest batch of DLC, due out on Thursday, is all about. It’s two separate expansions – The Biker Heist and The Biker Character Pack – taking the total number of paid-for and free add-ons for the first-person robbery fest to an impressive 60. Between the two, expect new weapons, masks, a new character, and a new heist.

To mark the occasion, Overkill released a typically Payday live-action trailer alongside the reveal. It’s got a shotgun-wielding Ron Perlman in it and it’s all a bit Sons of Anarchy. See:

Given it’s about bikers, I suppose that comparison is obvious however Perlman’s Rust character does fly pretty close to SOA’s Clay Morrow. And that dude with the long hair and beard is a dead ringer for Charlie Hunnam. Bokeem Woodbine’s The Elephant character is in there too, all of which proves this is hardly a cheap way to promote a videogame. In any event, the latest round of DLC shouldn’t break your bank, with The Biker Heist costing $6.99. That’ll get you:

– Two day heist
– CR805B submachine gun
– Throwable axe
– Four masks, patterns, and materials
– Six achievements

Whereas The Biker Character Pack comes in at $4.99, and gets you:

– Rust playable character
– The “Biker” Perk Deck
– Breaker 12G shotgun
– Chain whip melee weapon
– Two masks

Both The Biker Heist and The Biker Character Pack are due to release on June 16, 2016, or this Thursday to you or I. Oh, and did you spot the wee Hellboy nod up there too?

Want to keep up with all of our E3 2016 news? All you have to do is click that there link.

From this site

1. Dudeist says:

I like Ron, but as playable I prefer Charlize Theron :D

2. gibbousmoon says:

Love that this guy is getting more work. He was great in Highlander.

• gunny1993 says:

Out of all of Ron Pearlman’s body of work, you choose to reference one episode of the highlander T.V series.

That’s some niche referencing friend.

3. Goodtwist says:

So, how did you like Sons of Anarchy? I’ve stopped in the middle of the third season cause the story got thinner and less believable.

• w0bbl3r says:

So I guess you stopped around the time they went to Belfast?
      Stick with it, once they get back it gets much much better. Belfast is a few episodes where it is really weak. The whole kidnapping of Abel in fact was weak.
      Once they get back Opie gets some closure for Donna, Jax works out his deal with that woman cop, and it has a pretty great ending to the season.

Trust me, stick with it, it gets a lot better when they get back from Belfast.

• Goodtwist says:

Oi m8 if you say sou! Thanks a bunch laddy :)

• Goodtwist says:

“Edit function”:
        You guessed right. It’s were they prepare to go to Ireland and my impression was that the screenwriters were getting increasingly desperate and started pulling McGuffins out of their arses.

Oh well, I trust your judgement and I’m going to dedicate some more quality time to Hells Angels. And first I gotta restore those deleted files.

• anHorse says:

I liked the awful irish accents

OIM TAKING MY FAMILOI HAOME

4. w0bbl3r says:

They even got the Irish guy who was the president of Belfast chapter, who Clay threw off the roof in Belfast. He is the bartender.
    They would have gotten Hunnam there but I guess they didn’t want to pay for 2 stars of that size, so they just hired a look-a-like instead.
    Ridiculous.

5. Talahar says:

Ron Perlman needs to be in everything!
    Put him in every game, it’s the only way to be sure!

6. Catweasel says:

I wanna use that shotgun. Gonna have to buy this.