Bayonetta Devs Platinum Bringing Scalebound To PC

Look, I admit it: I’ve been over-excited about games like games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because I’m so desperate to have PlatinumGames on PC. They are one of the very finest developers around, but most of their best work is on their own creations: Bayonetta, Vanquish, and the like. So huzzah! Scalebound [official site], an actual Proper Platinum Game, is coming to Windows 10 as well as Xbone.

It’s a game about a young lad and his dragon pal duffing up nasties, including the honking great crab seen in this E3 gameplay video:

Yep, that seems to be a Platinum game, with all sorts of exciting ways to beat the heck out of enemies.

And you shut your damn dirty mouth with your ‘giant enemy crab’ jokes – crabs are great, and hitting weak spots is great, and Platinum games are great and all. I am jolly excited to hear this is coming our way. Giant enemy crabs seem pretty mundane by Platinum’s standards for ridiculous enemies anyway.

Oh yes, and that trailer is showing co-op too.

Scalebound is coming in 2017. It’ll be another ‘Xbox Play Anywhere’ game, which means that buying the game digitally on either Windows 10 or Xbone gets you the game on both with cross-platform saves. Yes, surely this will tie into Microsoft’s platform and store and whatnot.

Do check out the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Don Reba says:

Looks like Microsoft it making a major push for GFWL 2.

hitting weak spots is great

What’s so great about it?

2. subedii says:

Man that main character is kinda heavy on the “2edgy4you”. I mean Dante was brash and cocky in a fun way, this kid just seems annoying.

• Don Reba says:

He has the head of a six-year-old stuck on an adult’s body.

• eLBlaise says:

As soon as I saw him I wished for a character creator, as soon as I heard him I wondered if I could enjoy the game on mute.

3. Freud says:

I’m probably to old but I found all this running commentary and music during the fight annoying more than anything.

People who talk to themselves that much should be institutionalized and not star in video games.

• haldolium says:

Dunno if you need to be old to find this commenting as horrifying as it is. I think Ubi did something similar last year or so with The Devision MP Trailer.

It’s just really really really bad. Then again, fits the narrative of the character displayed rather well.

• Baines says:

I think it was Rainbow Six Siege? They added scripted voice chat to make the game sound more immersive and strategic. Basically, the audio equivalent of scripting the action in a trailer.

With the Scalebound trailer, it sounded more like regular built-in game audio, delivering canned quips and responses. If that was scripted voice chat, then they need to hire a new writer

4. Suits says:

Devil May Monster Hunt

5. ChrisGWaine says:

Seems a bit like having a youtuber as the player character

6. Jac says:

Bit underwhelmed by this. The action doesn’t look particularly enjoyable enough to suffer through having to listen to headphone goon’s obnoxious chit chat.

On the other hand though Sea of Thieves looks surprisingly awesome and is also PC bound. had no expectation or interest in it before they showed it.

7. DanMan says:

Windows Store, eh? Sure, if you don’t want to make any money. Be my guest.

8. Baines says:

I’ve yet to see anything about Scalebound that even begins to look interesting. Honestly, the more I see and hear, the less impressive it gets. It is still a year away, and I already expect it to be Platinum’s most mediocre release ever.

9. Mr Propellerhead says:

“Bayonetta Devs Platinum Bringing Scalebound To PC…
    … is coming to Windows 10”

So, not to my PC then.

• Chillicothe says:

But you can also play it on your redundant Xbox One, nonexistant MS phone, and nonexistant Surface! That’s worth at least 5 or 6 missing basic PC software functionality!

PhoenixTank says:

Sigh. Yeah, that was my reaction too. Bloody fools!
      I hope that is just an oversight in the announcement, though. I can hope, right?

10. Robomonk says:

For a second I thought Bayonetta 2 or a new Bayonetta is coming to PC. Now, enthusiasm crushed and general productivity -5.