Biff! Bam! Tekken 7 Coming To PC In 2017

Not wanting to be out-done by the squillions of fighting games flexing, squatting, and jostling on PC nowadays, Tekken is coming our way too. Bandai Namco today announced that their latest manbiffer is coming from arcades to Windows in “early 2017”, all jazzed up with extra biffybits. Also way more drama than I was expecting, going by the E3 trailer showing a Street Fighter man who’s a little lost:

Tekken 7 has been in arcades for over a year, but the game coming to PC is a bit bigger than that. As Bandai Namco say:

“For its debut appearance on home videogame systems, Tekken 7 will feature numerous modes and enhancements taking it beyond its arcade counterpart, including an in-depth Story Mode that draws players deeper into the TEKKEN canon storyline. For the first time outside of arcades, players will be able to select new fighters for battle, including; Kazumi Mishima, Claudio, Josie, Shaheen, Katarina, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, and more.”

Tekken 7 is due on PC via Steam in “early 2017”.

Do check out the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

Kitty says:

It took me like 30 seconds to register that that was Akuma in the video. But then I was very confused and excited at the same time.

AutonomyLost says:

I haven’t played Tekken since Tekken 3 on the original Playstation, which I LOVED. So — I’m unfamiliar with how the series has progressed, but am nonetheless stoked that it’s releasing for the PC next year.

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

I’m in the same boat. Storywise, I saw a graph somewhere a game or two ago and as I understand it: Something-something cryogenics and corporate genetic engineering, demons and more cryogenics and everyone has had relations with everyone else and nobody knows who’s a sibling or who’s an aunt at this point.

• BlueB says:

Exact same boat as you. Loved it back when I was a kid – first fighting game I played. I bought Ultimate SF IV recently but just can’t get into it. Made me think about how much fun I had with Tekken. Really keen to check it out.

3. SuicideKing says:

Wow, I never expected to see the day. SO EXCITED.

4. Zankman says:

Beyond happy.

The best fighting game series will finally grace PC!

• DanMan says:

Funny you’d say that, because Virtua Fighter has had a PC version before.

• Pulstar says:

Yea, Tekken was never the best fighting series.

• Zankman says:

I don’t know how that relates to Tekken, the best fighting game series.

Besides, the last VF game is more than 10 years old, while the last one that was on PC was released almost 20 years ago.

5. haldolium says:

Finally! Although so much has changed over the years… but I guess it will be Tekken at it’s core still.

6. Marblecake says:

GOOD NEWS! *dances* *punches wall* *runs around crying for mommy*

7. Unruly says:

Gimme Tekken x Street Fighter already!

We got Street Fighter x Tekken, which used the lame Street Fighter style of fighting, but I wanna use the Tekken style to deliver my beatdowns to Street Fighter characters.

8. Catweasel says:

Finally, a game announcement that isn’t gonna be locked down to the 10 store.

9. MisterFurious says:

I never really liked Tekken, but since all of the other fighters that have come out on PC have had cripplingly terrible launches and technical problems, I’ll have to keep my eye on it.