South Park: The Fractured But Whole Due In December

Ubisoft went a little quiet about South Park: The Fractured but Whole [official site] after announcing the RPG sequel during E3 2015 but this year’s show has brought a release date: December 6th. Those naughty little children imagined they were fantasy heroes in The Stick of Truth but for the sequel they’ve become superheroes. Superheroes with grand visions of a huge movie franchise. Here, watch the E3 trailer to discover what brings about their own little civil war:

Players get to create their own superhero, working on an origin story, making your own costume, and getting superpowers of course. Look, I could ramble on, but if you’re into this you should watch today’s E3 presentation with Trey Parker and Matt Stone to learn more about combat, powers, and an awful origin. Also, jokes!

While Pillars of Eternity gang Obsidian Entertainment made The Stick of Truth, The Fractured but Whole is being made by Ubisoft San Francisco. Anyway, December 6th!

Do check out the rest of our E3 2016 posts, previews, odds, ends, and gubbins.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. DanMan says:

I guess you need Uplay this time around, eh?

X_kot says:

Looks like Cartman licensed away the rights to Mintberry Crunch.

3. Phasma Felis says:

BUTTHOLE. HA HA, GET IT? IT SAYS BUTTHOLE.

4. King_Rocket says:

I’m a bit sad that Obsidian are not doing this game but since in the end Matt and Trey where the driving force in the stick of truth I assume it’s the same here and there won’t be any drop off in quality.

5. Melody says:

As a big fan of South Park, I recently played the Stick of Truth and it was quite disappointing. It was little more than a self-celebratory gallery of their jokes throughout the years (remember when we did that joke? And remember this other one?), mostly stripped of their satirical value, and wrapped up in a fairly mediocre RPG and a tiring open world that didn’t really offer many rewards for exploration.

It’s not that it wasn’t funny, it was, but I already knew all the jokes, and even if I didn’t, I expect more from SP than just being funny for the sake of it.

While taking a jab at Superhero movies seems to be a step above rehashing old jokes, and it’s certainly an easy set up for the RPG part, I’m not convinced it’s something that can carry the plot of an entire game in an interesting way. Seems like their videogame plots aren’t half as smart as the writing for their TV show. Disappointing.

6. Murdock says:

“but whole ahead, try tongue.”