The Division’s Underground DLC Coming On The 28th

During their E3 press conference yesterday, Ubisoft confirmed that The Division‘s [official site] first piece of paid DLC, Underground, will launch on June 28. Alongside an obligatory trailer, the publisher delved into what it’s all about, what new features it houses, and where you’ll be sending your agents next.

The game’s second expansion, Survival, was also teased in trailer form which plans to pit players against the harshest of NYC’s elements. Trailers and info after the drop.

Across its randomly-generated sewers, Underground – the first of three planned expansions – tasks you with taking down a hostile group of ne’er do wells who’ve taken over Manhattan’s underground network. “Get ready”, says the narrator below. “And take the fight to them.” That should look like this, assuming your sharpshooting’s up to scratch:

In a subsequent blog post, Ubisoft explained a little more of what to expect from the first expansion:

“Underground brings a host of new features and loot, beginning with the expansion’s eponymous mode, which puts Agents into subways, tunnels, and sewers generated with random layouts. Additionally, Underground features a new Incursion called Dragon’s Nest, which will be bigger than those found in the previous updates.

“Set in Hell’s Kitchen, it features the Cleaners as a primary enemy as they continue their haphazard and dangerous attempts to burn the virus out of New York City.”

That’s heading our way on June 28, which is also when Division players can redeem three full outfits representing Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Splinter Cell from the Ubisoft Club, Ubi say, in celebration of the company’s 30th anniversary.

As for the Survival expansion, details are thin on the ground for now – besides the fact the SHD agents are in a bad place and low on supplies. Check out its teaser:

With Underground coming, now might be a good time to reconsult the comprehensive RPS Division Guide.

Be sure to catch up with all of our other E3 2016 news this week.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Siimon says:

Will there be anything to work towards with these new things – level cap raised, new equipment level, higher GS equipment, new sets..?

2. Severn2j says:

I really enjoyed the Division, however I pretty much soloed the whole game, with only an occasional link up with Rando Calrissian (thanks PA) and only ventured into the Dark Zone a couple of times.. As such, I avoided all cheating issues and my interest waned pretty much at the point I hit level 30 and finished the main story missions (and most side missions).

Is any of this DLC aimed at my kind of playstyle, or is it all for the long term grinders who are in full teams?

• Boomerang says:

It remains more fun and more rewarding in a group, but can still be enjoyed solo. And level 30 is where the fun really starts.

• anHorse says:

Out of curiosity just how much game was that?

I’ve only ever seen The Division talked about in multiplayer terms so I’m intrigued by how much a solo player got out of it.

• Anti-Skub says:

The same amount. The whole game can basically be soloed, it’s just not as fun. If you’ve ever played Borderlands…like that.

• Severn2j says:

Steam records my playtime at 62 hours, so I definitely got my moneys worth and it was very enjoyable. It is obviously designed for co-op, but very playable solo. I also bounced off Borderlands and Destiny, so they did get something right here, imo..

• GemFire81 says:

To bad this game was spun as some kinda mmo in which 62 is supposed to be barly getting started.

3. Hyena Grin says:

I want to love The Division. Leveling naturally from 1 to 30 was a dream. But their approach to the endgame has kinda ruined what should’ve been a very good and consistent tactical cover shooter. They introduced endgame content that basically requires powerful gear to complete, which grants you powerful gear that makes the rest of the game’s content too easy and not rewarding enough to bother.

Meanwhile, the emphasis on powerful gear and stats has meant bullet-sponge enemies who care not for cover. Many skills go by the way-side as not being powerful enough, because they can’t compete with the weapons/mods at the endgame, so we’re basically stuck with crowd-control skills and repetitive shooting with a limited range of guns and mods, because some of the guns and mods have massive falloff in utility in the endgame.

All of this means that it’s hard to walk it back. We’re all too strong for regular content, now. Putting out a regular mission would fall flat because it’d be too easy. Putting out more power-creep missions in terms of bullet-sponge enemies just runs into the same old issue of it not really being that fun anymore.

Not sure where to go from here without a massive rethink.

Nauallis says:

Well said.

• mechavolt says:

I played the game through all of the main missions and to level 30, and quickly got very bored with it. I never really gave it to much thought, but I think you’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head about why I got bored.

4. Anti-Skub says:

Wasn’t the first years DLC supposed to be free?

• Boomerang says:

Nope, that’s what the season pass is for. There are still free content updates (and, of course, patches) for all.

5. renzollama says:

I enjoy the division despite its issues, and I’ll buy this expansion without a doubt, but they sure haven’t gone out of the way to make the content sound exciting.

“which puts Agents into subways, tunnels, and sewers generated with random layout”

This sounds like complete garbage…randomly generated narrow corridor shooting? I can’t imagine it’s going to be more than about three colors and a few texture sets repeated over and over again. Regardless of how you feel about Destiny, at least they market the shit out of the DLC to make it sound exciting and adventurous, this just sounds gloomy, repetitive, and frankly, depressing.

6. Everlast says:

No kidding. All this did was say two things “underground” and “random.” How about new enemy types? How about new weapons? How about a new lvl cap? How about some additional details surrounding that alleged “bigger” incursion. Bigger doesn’t = fun. These last two incursions have been shit.