Duelling Snipers: Ghost Warrior 3 & Sniper Elite 4 Dates

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 [official site] and Sniper Elite 4 [official site] are giving each other the eye from either side of the no man’s land between January and February. Open-world snipe ’em up Ghost Warrior 3 will launch on January 27th, 2017, CI Games announced this week during E3. The very same day, Rebellion announced that they’ll launch Sniper Elite 4 on February 14th, 2017.

The two are quite different, mind. Ghost Warrior 3 is a sandbox world with high-tech gadgets, side-quests, bases, crafting, and whatnot. Your sniperman’s sent into modern-day Georgia to shoot naughty Russians with a secret uranium enrichment plant, see.

CI say it’s the series’ “first AAA production effort”, which I think means it’ll be prettier and fancier than previous games. Here’s the gameplay demo they showed at E3 2015:

Sniper Elite, meanwhile, is traditionally more mission-y than open world, though individual levels do tend to have a range of approaches. Levels will be “many times the size” of those in Sniper Elite 3 too, they say. This time your man’s off to Italy in 1943, which should be a nice change of scenery.

Sniper Elite 4 was previously due towards the end of this year, but Rebellion say they would’ve been a bit stretched trying to launch both it and their new Battlezone in that period. Here’s an old trailer updated with that new release date:

From this site

1. gabrielonuris says:

I want both. I don’t care if I don’t have the time, if I play 5 hours a week, I can finish those games in less than a month.

2. Solidstate89 says:

Rebellion is on my permanent shit list and can DIAF as far as I’m concerned. I hope Sniper Elite tanks.

link to rockpapershotgun.com

3. Legion1183 says:

Might give Ghost Warrior a shot this time around, I gave up very quickly with 2 and never rt gave it a chance but I’m liking what I see so far from that game play video.

As for Sniper Elite, it still looks meh, as have all previous releases.

• Skid says:

I played Ghost Warrior 2, while it was a very linear experience, the ballistics in the game are going to what make or break it for you. They are literally trying to make the sniping mechanics as close to real life as possible, to the point where they are getting advice from real life snipers. (You can add a whole bunch of assists like an extra dot that tells you where your shot will actually land, but that’s only if your weak source CoD player and can’t Math bullet trajectories in your head.)

The open world approach they are going for in 3rd is a solid fit for the foundations they have in the 2nd game, here’s hoping they done mess it up.

4. Jediben says:

I hope we finally have equal gender recognition and I can shoot the nipples of the tit’s of some fem-nazis. As much fun as bollock busting is I really feel that clit clipping is the next obvious step in the franchise.

Marclev says:

Is it only me that’s getting bored of AAA open world games now?

Not played any of these series, but on the faces of it I’m actually more looking forward to a mission based game with individually crafted levels, unless the open world one actually does something special with it’s big map.