What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

Hallo again! That’s E3 gone for another year, then. Well, ish. We’ve written a squillion posts on colourful E3 happenings but our lad Adam has been rushed off his feet out there so expect to read impressions and previews on some hot games later, once he’s home and settled. Anyway! What are you playing this weekend? Here are our plans.

Adam: [Adam, as mentioned, is away. After another note from his mum, I agreed that he doesn’t need to submit his blurb this week.]
Alec: I’m pretty shaken by recent lethal acts of hate in the world, and as such cannot currently face games which revolve around killing, even though traditionally I’ve been able to compartmentalise just fine. I’ve been playing Stalker-meets-Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture oddity 35MM, and damn near had to quit when a cutscene in which an NPC kills a bear in self-defence played. So I think it’s going to be strict diet of 80 Days, Proteus and American Truck Simulator for me, until such time as I feel vaguely OK again.
Alice: Lawks, what a week! In so many ways. Honestly, my plans for the weekend don’t involve games at all. I’ve been in front of this computer all week and hope to escape to a loch, some hills, or the sea with a bottle of whisky then stare into the distance while taking slow, deep breaths.

By which I mean I will probably play Darkest Dungeon.

Graham: I won’t be playing anything this weekend, because I’m leaving the city of Bath after 11 years and moving to a mysterious island. Will the locals ritually burn me alive in a giant wicker man? Fingers crossed.
John: [Tch! Absent without even a note? This will go on your permanent record, young man.]
Philippa: [Right on your very real permanent record, which prospective employers, friends, and partners will all consult and judge you harshly on.]

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

Xan says:

Casual Overwatch. Bouts of Terraria out of nostalgia. Fooling around with Vive some more.

But probably a good chunk of it will be starting at Sublime Text with JS code.

2. GameCat says:

Snakebird. It’s damn good puzzler with somewhat brutal difficulty.
    And some Dark Souls, since I didn’t tocuhed it in a few days…

3. Ksempac says:

Rainbow Six Siege. 2 and a half months in, i still can’t get enough of it, I’m still trying to improve, and it’s still so much fun.

4. Imbecile says:

Invisible Inc oddly enough. It seems pretty good so far, like a cross between Xcom and FTL or something. Also Rocket League and a little BF4 last night. Does Friday night count as the weekend?

5. KoenigNord says:

Besides alot of coding work, I’ll continue my multiplayer session of Stellaris. When we stopped last week, we were ended up in an unexpected war that has to be resolved this weekend.

6. Derpkovsky says:

I think i’m gonna mess around a bit more in GameMaker, and also i’m see if I have time to finish Dishonored. Man I love that game.

• Vandelay says:

Me too with the GameMaker! Don’t have any experience of using game developing tools, whilst my coding knowledge extends to forgotten A-Level computing classes and a few Excel macros for work.

Having a good time of it though, working through some of the tutorials that come with it. If anyone knows of any other good tutorials for noobs that would be most helpful. I have a few ideas for a card game I would like to make, but also want to try my hand at various genres to get a feel for the software.

Besides that, I recently looked at my GoG library and realised that I have a mountain of unplayed games in there, as well as many that I would like to play more of. Going to start by returning to Star Trek 25th Anniversary, followed by Judgement Rites. Probably not this weekend, but also want to try Fallout 2, which I have never played.

7. Andrew says:

I finally give in and installed Windows 10. I blame E3, Microsoft’s press conference (yeah, I know, I know) and “Sea of Thieves”. Mainly “Sea of Thieves”. In my defence, upgrade from Win 7 was (and still is) free and painless on main PC, and almost kinda painless on backup laptop. Everything works fine, but I think I’m gonna play “Let’s test everything we can”. Tinkering with new update for Steam Controller is not out of the question, too. And then there are couple of new free games on Steam, “Evoland 2”, “Doom” demo… oh, my.

• Andrew says:

About what Alec said… Well, I never know what to say in those situations (mostly because I believe that everyone process those things very differently), so I’m not gonna comment on the tragedy itself, but one of the reasons why I’m all for diversity in games, is that often you want to play something, but not shooty-killy stuff. And, yes, we have those, but not enough. I just looked at all my installed games (I’m trying to keep my playlist thin, so something like 20), and there are 2, maybe 4 (if you squint hard enough) non-violent games. This number doesn’t represent anything, just an observation, just food for thought.

• Zenicetus says:

I’m in the same boat, not particularly interested in shooting or stabbing pixels at the moment. A quick scan of my installed games show most of them involving either direct personal violence, slightly more displaced violence (air combat), or strategy games where it’s more abstract and impersonal but the scale is much larger. Like… “planetary bombardment” larger.

My only strictly nonviolent games at the moment are a civilian flight sim, Subnautica, and Kerbal Space Program, if you don’t count accidentally causing Kerbals to die horribly in space as violent. Still, booting up Kerbal might be the ticket for this weekend.

• Buzko says:

Psst: Stardew Valley. Violence entirely optional. It’s just… nice.

The Almighty Moo says:

Aww come on guys, at least pretend to take it seriously!

Anyway, I’m playing Xenoblade chronicles x on the old Wii u and maybe having a pootle about in VR at a friend’s.

9. Velko says:

Got Battlefield Hardline for a fiver on Origin and decided to give it a try.

The campaign is not half bad, the RPS WIT is pretty much on the spot. Too bad the thing ate my progression after three or four hours. Took all my BF4 progression (~230 hours) with it, too… Let’s hope it fixes itself at some point.

particlese says:

I am playing with dirt this weekend (porch gardens, wee!), but also some mix of Ori (possibly to its conclusion), Proteus (they just started shipping the Artifact Edition), and whatever VR thing I feel like getting up to (probably Pool Nation VR, for starters).

particlese says:

Oh! And “You Can’t See Any Such Thing”, thanks to Emily’s article. Haven’t started it yet, but it’s staring at me from my bookmarks toolbar.

11. MrFinnishDude says:

Overwatch, Overwatch, Overwatch and Overwatch.

caff says:

I shall do what I do every weekend. Come on here and pretend I’m going to play Dwarf Fortress, a complex RPG, or some arthouse indie game – then just load up Rocket League and play it repeatedly in between bouts of coffee and nibbling snacks.

13. yogibbear says:

I finally caved and got HITMAN (2016). It’s kinda good. Already done most of Paris.

14. Neurotic says:

I have Dungeons 2 (finally) and Armello lined up for investigation, as I just bought them both for about 20 euros total from Nuuvem. (Score!!)

15. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Battlefield 4. Had a hankering for it in the week then noticed the season pass thing was discounted on Origin so playing lots of new maps. It’s a great game, just a shame it takes EA/Dice so long to get a functioning, relatively bug free game. Got it shortly after release and gave it crashed so often.

Admiral Snackbar says:

Always a few bouts of Overwatch with a friend after work. Finally gonna finish up Shadowrun Hong Kong between this week and next.

17. Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

A mysterious island? You aren’t going to the Isle of Man are you Graham!?

18. Guran says:

I just finished Dreamfall Chapters. A satisfying end to the saga, a lot of the loose ends in the story were tied up.

Thulsa Hex says:

I didn’t even realise the final part was out. I’ve been saving the entire thing for when it was done, so I’m looking forward to playing it soon.

• VelvetFistIronGlove says:

Ditto. Glad that the loose ends finally came together. Sad that the cheese soup choice didn’t actually matter in the end.

john_silence says:

I’m playing several games this weekend:

– the upgrade game! Should I buy a shiny new GTX1070? But the Founders Edition is kinda lame and overpriced, there are almost no AIB boards available and those few are too large for my mITX case. There’s only one worth considering for me: the EVGA Superclocked. Is it too expensive to replace my r9 290 in a two-and-a-half-year-old PC when I was planning on a general system upgrade come AMD Vega and Zen? Of course it is! Should I wait for the RX480 reviews? Of course I should! Silly old me. I’m more and more drawn to the AMD underdog anyway. I know the rules of the upgrade game, it’s all about patience and knowing when to strike. I should be a better player by now.

– the peripheral dance! Should I buy a Logitech G810 keyboard? But I’m super happy with my Tesoro Colada, all silver aluminium and great MX Brown keys! It’s like it reads my mind sometimes, I’ll make an obvious typo and lo! it didn’t register. Or I’ll botch a password and behold! I’m logged in just fine. It’s ten times better than my first Corsair mech keyboard or that so-called Ergonomic wireless by Microsoft that was as bad as its companion all-round mouse was great.
    But the G810 comes with The Division! And I like their subtly sci-fi fonts, like they’d done with the K750. And those Romer-G switches sound interesting. Damn I’m bad at this dance too. Although I did avoid buying Logitech’s 130€ G900 by investing instead in a 30€ Zowie Camade to deal with my mice’s pesky wires.

– the game sale merrymaking! GOG has all kinds of tempting offers – Oddworld, Oxenfree… and more obscure titles like Fear Equation, Level 22 Gary’s Misadventures, The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human…

– oh you meant actual video games instead of just spending toy money? Hopefully a dash of Overwatch, and maybe some Fran Bow and Alpha Polaris. A spot of BF4 or Hardline maybe before they become irrelevant? Hardline sounded and looked terribly daft at first, but its immediacy and closer-quarters lessons should come in handy for DICE if Battlefield 1 is to offer more satisfying short-range engagements.

20. Mi-24 says:

Still playing around with the new Arma 3 Apex sneak preview. I’ve temporarily disabled all mods so it crashes less. The island is FANTASTIC and the new gear is quite fun. AI upgrade is lovely as well. However I have been unable to chose which screenshot of this island paradise I should set as my lock screen background.

Oh and I probably should revise for exams next week.

AutonomyLost says:

The Witcher 3.

• slerbal says:

Me too!

magogjack says:

Thrice !

• Minglefingler says:

Me as well. I finished Hearts of Stone today and have dived straight into Blood and Wine, I’m feeling a kind of wistful melancholy that it’s all going to be over soon. I’ve had arguments with a friend of mine who sees Geralt as a touch one note whereas I find him to be a man with a lot of depth and I enjoy his company immensely.

• Harvey says:

I know what you mean. I just finished Blood and Wine taking my time with it, and now I don’t know what to *do* with myself. I even managed to stumble upon the happy ending so there’s no reason to replay it. And Geralt seemed so tired at the end, I just can’t bring myself to NG+.

Maybe it’s time to finally fire up the original Witcher.

22. Monggerel says:

Tyrian. It’s good.

23. Shizzle says:

Oxenfree. Just picked it up at GOG. It’s 50% off right now.

24. KieranFurie says:

Fallout New Vegas. Think I’ve been playing Fallout New Vegas for years. I have a terrible habit of restarting.

Pretty close to the end and started Old World Blues because I couldn’t see myself going back to it again after finishing. Lost interest after a bit of Old World Blues but started again couple of weekends ago and I’ve made some progress.

So hopefully I can get finished for the steam Christmas sale.

• Imbecile says:

I really liked old world blues. It was kinda nuts, but in an amusing SCIENCE!! Kinda way.

25. Baranor says:

LEGO and minecraft. I have installed the LOTR-mod and intend to explore Middle Earth from the minecraft perspective. Of course, soon I will miss all the nice things I use in Tekkit. Would installing Thermal Expansion, Big Reactors and a few other niceties turn me into the Minecraft version of Saruman?

26. aircool says:

If my friend is available, it will be Overwatch. If not (as Overwatch is just too frustrating without someone else to group and chat with), I’ll just play through DOOM again (and again, and again).

InfamousPotato says:

Else Heart.Break() and perhaps Life is Strange. The former intrigues me for it’s mechanics and world, and the latter I’ve had for awhile, but haven’t got around to playing.

So far, I’m still playing through the very beginning of Else Heart.Break(), but the story I’ve played through so far has been fascinating, since a lot of it wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t curiously poked at every NPC around. Maybe the main story will show up soon, and I’ll find out it has the usual formula to it’s story like any other game (not that that’s a bad thing). Anyway, at 6 o’clock I have an awkward meet-up with a random NPC I met (and her boyfriend… Iven).

I was little worried I’d get lost and not make it (finally found the building again, with a few hours to spare). It’s weird to worry about virtual missing appointments. Usually they wait forever.

28. Darth Gangrel says:

Playing through Hard Reset and Dead Space 1, two quite different games that compliment each other quite well. I always enjoy games where you can dismember enemies. Apart from that, Dead Space is kind of a walking simulator, because it doesn’t feel odd or too slow to walk around. Also, the so-called sprint feature is just a light jog anyway. Might as well take in the sights while walking.

29. dethtoll says:

Watch Dogs is more entertaining than an Ubisoft game really has any right to be, so here I am midway through my 2nd week of it and it’s still just as engaging.

30. malkav11 says:

It’s Marvel Heroes’ 3rd Anniversary month, and there’s a giant server side experience boost, multiple of their rotating events concurrently (Odin’s Bounty and Operation Omega, currently), birthday cake slices dropping that can be spent on all sorts of shiny loots including a stash tab, two team ups, free heroes of your choice and more. So I’ll be dipping into that daily, and probably getting another two or three characters to 60 this week. (Already did so with Ghost Rider, Magik’s getting there, then maybe Green Goblin, Iceman, Blade? Who knows!)

But that’s not actually the game I want to be focusing on. Last weekend got me all fired up to complete the Dishonored DLC, and I left off partway through the second mission of The Brigmore Witches, so I’d like to polish that off properly. It’s brilliant stuff and I am very much looking forward to Dishonored 2 (though not to the extent of bothering to look at any of the E3 nonsense about it. I know I want it, that’s enough.).

And that’s not the only other item on the agenda, of course. Having finished Avadon last weekend, I found myself restarting Avernum: Escape from the Pit and though that stalled a bit in the latter half of the work week due to tiredness and social engagements/cooking, I aim to get a fair whack on that in this weekend as well. I’m quite enjoying the process of methodically scouring each dungeon of all life and treasure, though I am sad that this incarnation of the game removed manual door closing so stealing the townsfolk blind is mostly impractical.

Andy_Panthro says:

Mount & Blade: Warband probably, and maybe if I’m feeling really good I’ll finish a few games that I’ve left half-finished.

Of course the weekend will mainly be taken up by Formula 1 and the football… so gaming takes a bit of a back seat.

AutonomyLost says:

I was very nearly ready to push gaming to the back seat in lieu of the football as well, but got hosed — my Dad is on his way to Boston today to watch the Argentina (Messi, of course) vs. Venezuela match. I was supposed to go but got the boot because his wife decided she wanted the ticket at the last minute. Bummer!

Geralt will have to suffice.

32. welverin says:

D&D as usual tonight and then some combination of Doom and Destiny, as whim dictates.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I dunno. Overwatch probably, but I can really only play that maybe 4 matches at a time before I decide I need to stop because I am not doing well or I will soon stop doing well. I am also getting tired of playing with people who can’t seem to understand that on an escort mission, whether attacking or defending, you need to be on that damn escort!! I love when your team just lets them walk it in.

I still haven’t finished Dark Souls but right now my only options are the difficult optional bosses and my character has about 19 extra points in strength as I didn’t know about the soft caps meaning I am pretty nerfed in the endurance/vitality department. I might just kill Gwyn and be done with it, I don’t feel like grinding for days.

34. anHorse says:

Got given a copy of the division so that

It’s a bizarre game, for the whole of the story mode it’s a really good third person shooter and then at level 30 it turns into one of the worst ARPGs I’ve ever played.
    There’s this weird situation where you have to go into the pvp zone to do the endgame pve/get gear but the players there have already got the endgame gear so they can kill you at will. Whoever decided to incentivise pvp, force pve into the same area and then punish you for dying is an absolute divot.

The most tragic thing about the game is that all of it’s massive flaws could be easily fixed in a patch by somebody who understands endgame in arpgs/mmos.

• malkav11 says:

I was fed up with it after just a few hours. I’m sure I suck and all, but the tuning seems way off such that even in cover you’re likely to get shredded in seconds in any sort of gunfight and medkits are nowhere near common enough to compensate. I am at or over level for the things I’m trying to do. I strongly suspect the game would like you to be in a full party at all times but a) I don’t have any friends who own the game and b) playing with randoms is rarely a good time.

• fish99 says:

Hmmm… that wasn’t my experience playing solo through all the main and side missions. Didn’t really die much at all, except for a couple of difficulty spikes. You do have to pay attention to what level missions and areas are though, and keep up with your guns/armour upgrades.

Playing solo, the turret helps to take fire off you, and you do need the health thing.

• malkav11 says:

When did you do that, though? I started very recently, and I’ve heard a few people suggest that the tuning seems to have changed since launch. Like I say, I’ve been tackling stuff that should be below my level and while it’s possible I’m undergeared there’s been no opportunity to do anything about that.

• GemFire81 says:

I was very excited about The Division. I bought it and played for about 6 hours over the weekend. It is boring as hell :(. There is literally nothing special about it at all. I felt completely detached from the story. Just because a game looks pretty does not mean it is going to be fun or have any depth. Even the end game looks really lame with a couple different gear “sets” to get. So sick of GEAR SETS. What happened to just putting out a whole crap ton of different gear and letting us make our own set of gear. Damn I wanted to like this game.

35. Coops07 says:

Magic Duels. Gotta cure the itch.

Jekadu says:

Probably Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition (which I thought I would never play because BG is so inferior compared to the other IE games, yet here I am, enjoying it on its own merits) or Sorcery! Part 3. At least, if I can muster the energy for it.

My depression is currently in a deep valley, and right now I am just trying to ride out the sleepiness and apathy to everything that it entails. This happens occasionally. At least this time it happens to coincide with cat sitting for my brother, meaning I have access to the fluffiest, most adorabloodthirsty little giant Norwegian whenever I need it.

37. ninjapirate says:

I’m surprised nobody seems to be playing “Dead By Daylight”, considering that it’s currently Steam’s #1 top seller.

• GemFire81 says:

This game looks interesting but it also looks like something you would want to play with a group of friends. Unfortunately I have no such group.

38. Sandor Clegane says:

Dear Alec, how is sticking your head in the sand – pretending killing and evil doesn’t exist – in any way a good plan or sensible idea? How exactly is trembling in the corner going to save your friends, your family or yourself from any random terrorist, criminal, psychopath, rapist, mugger or burglar who chooses to do evil? My dear fellow, how much are you being paid to write such incredibly sad and toxic propaganda? I’m not playing any videogames this weekend. Today, I’m at the shooting range. Next week, I’m teaching my students medieval fencing and archery. I feel so sorry for people like you. Please tell us, why do you chose to live in a backward oppressive country like the UK where the disarmed general public are prevented from defending themselves? Why are you so happy living under a corrupt criminal regime? As soon as one relinquishes human rights to defend oneself from criminals (who will always have access to firearms or other deadly weapons) then one is living in a de facto third-world tyrannical dictatorship. You are nothing more than a serf. A pleb. A slave. You are human cattle happily ruled over by laughing psychopaths. Laughing psychopaths who by the way, if not carrying weapons themselves, are normally surrounded by bodyguards who do actually carry firearms. This is why the so-called ruling elite detest the disarmed masses like you so much. This is also by the way the core reason why the Police generally have so much less respect for the public in recent years. While the Police often forget that they too are members of the public, they DO actually protect and defend themselves! That is the one thing they can do right! You see, anyone who willfully chooses to be disarmed in such a hostile and hateful world is not only a deluded coward but a brainwashed zombie, happily and lazily living in a fantasy dreamworld who expects “someone else” to do the work of protecting your loved ones from harm. Wrong, wrong, wrong. One would think that playing so many videogames by now would have an inspirational side-effect of learning? A game like say, Crusader Kings II teaches the player fairly quickly how the world really works. You know, that disarmed citizens are serfs to be ruled over by lords and kings? So you are quite happy living in a neo-feudal society ruled by an oppressive monarchy backed by a bunch of corrupt slimy sycophants? You’re actually happy and pleased about that, are you? This is exactly why the world is so broken and in such a bad place. Humans generally tend not to respect disarmed masses of cattle, domesticated animals and rodents. You know, they actually EAT them? On the other hand, an individual Tiger, Lion, Leopard or Polar Bear is very much respected. Why my dear fellow, do you think that might be?

Jekadu says:

Huh, that wasn’t condescending at all. I can’t speak for everyone, but your attitude that self-defense is some sort of inviolable right as well as the remotely appropriate response is really alien to me as a Swede.

After last week there are many of us who are feeling more self-aware of the kind of media we consume. Maybe we feel that normalizing violence contributes to a climate of toxic masculinity. Maybe we feel that we’re fed up with violence. Either way, not consuming media where the audience’s enjoyment stems from the depression of a gun trigger is a natural reaction to the horrors of last week.

I don’t want more violence. Doubling down on it just escalates things even more.

• Mi-24 says:

Are you being serious?

• skeletortoise says:

You’ve managed a magical feat where I’m simultaneously unable to believe you’re serious and unable to believe you’re joking. Do you have most of this statement readily prepared or do you free style it every time someone mentions they’re slightly turned off of violent video games for a weekend because of the quite recent killing of nearly 50 people? Ignoring the many enormous assumptions you made from that single data point, I’ll say that personally I’d take complacent ignorant inaction over militarized paranoia any day of the week.

Jekadu says:

Y’know, I’m thinking that I’d like to see the video game media maybe talk about the recent violent events. We, the video game enthusiast community, seem absolutely terrified of having any sort of dialogue about real life events.

It’s alright to be bummed out by mass shootings and brutal killings. I’d love it if RPS would post something about it and get the ball rolling, assuming one of their writers feels they have the words for it.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Pip wrote an article but it was supporter only because she was worried people might take it the wrong way.

Jekadu says:

It makes me sad now that I don’t have any disposable income to spend on the site.

Lars Westergren says:

That can be fixed. Send me a private message in the RPS forums, Jekadu. “LarsWestergren” is my username.

• Llewyn says:

Lars, that’s a very fine gesture.

Jekadu, to avoid someone less fine taking advantage of Lars’ generosity, it might be an idea to include a short bit of random text with your message to him and then re-post that random text here afterwards (ie so the timestamp on your comment including it is later than that on the message).

• Imbecile says:

Good lord, what absolute nonsense. I don’t feel what Alec does but I can sympathise and respect that.

You have some very odd ideas about the uk, and I disagree strongly on the idea that everyone should tool up. That really hasn’t helped in the states at all, because the bad guys shoot first and your average joes gun is just as likely to be cause problems as save lives.

Would the world be safer if everyone had nukes?

• Mi-24 says:

In a more considered and structured approach than my last comment let me say this.

I live in the UK. I feel neither oppressed nor backwards. It is not explicitly stated in your comment but your opinions on the “disarmed general public” would suggest you are an american (I apologise if I am incorrect).

As for defending myself, well I guess it’s not the same here as in america. Due to gun control laws the rate of gun crime in the UK is exponentially lower than in the US.
      As of 2014 the firearm related homicides rate in the US is 32.57 per million citizens. In the UK this figure is 0.236 per million
      (link to nationmaster.com). In additon we simply do not have the horrific mass shootings and murderings that occur in the US.

I have no doubt this difference in statistics is due to the fact that the general populace do not take pride in arming themselves beyond reason, and that the lack of weaponry also helps to prevent generating a culture that promotes fear and hostility. The argument that criminals will also have access to firearms and deadly weapons is not as relevant when it is so difficult to get hold of a firearm. However yes, there will always be the case that, even in the UK, some criminals will be armed, if not with firearms. However the right way to go about this is not simply to respond in kind by also arming yourself, but to do your best to prevent armed crime and crack down more on weaponry. I refuse to subscribe to your viewpoint that I am constantly under threat and as a result must seek to do the same to others, not because that threat does not exits but because it is the better response.

As for your interesting thoughts on the UK goverment. Well, how can I put it. I cannot say I support our current government, I do not like some of their politics or policies.
      There is truth to the existence of a ruling elite, due to a divisive class system in the UK. However their power does not stem from the fact that they happen to have armed bodyguards, or that the population of Britain is not armed. Neither do those in government “detest the disarmed masses” because they are disarmed. Similarly the current monarchy does not hold as much authority as people from other nations like to think, their purpose seems to mainly consist of appearing on tourist postcards and occasionally getting caught being naughty by the newspapers.

The recent tragic events in america are a sickening reminder of the very real consequences of violence. It is an appropriate reaction to question the role of the video games industry, who often glorify, promote and celebrate violence. Let me say I am no innocent, I play games that fetishise weapons and brutality. Neither have I altered my behaviour in the same way as Alec.
      But please, do not call him a coward, being able to look at an aspect of your behaviour that does not conform to your moral beliefs and changing is not cowardice. It is the opposite.

I don’t for a second believe that anything I have said will in fact change the way you think, but I will say it nonetheless.

• Mi-24 says:

Oh dear. My HTML tags have not worked as intended. the italics were meant to stop after interesting.

• GWOP says:

Sandor Clegan (sick reference brah), when a Cold War-era Russian gunship is telling you that your outlook is too violent, it’s time to sort your life.

• horsemedic says:

“Today, I’m at the shooting range.”

No, you’re in the comments section of a video games website, screaming at the sheeple.

• Llewyn says:

From your deranged comment it’s apparent that you’re part of what the over-armed American public are trying unsuccessfully to defend themselves from.

In the meanwhile I’m content enough to be oppressed into not murdering my compatriots. To each their own.

• puzzlepiece87 says:

Exactly right, Sandor Clegane is exactly the kind of person I worry about having weapons. Deranged was just the right word.

particlese says:

Indeed. I went back and read the comment just to see what the fuss was about, and yeah… “Deranged” is pretty good, with a dab of “overzealous”, I think. One can reasonably support both gun ownership and gun control, but it’s people like this (and those further off the deep end, of course) who increase my sympathy for the latter.

• Kaeoschassis says:

Sure, choosing to go through life without a lethal weapon in a world full of maniacs with lethal weapons makes us cowards. Obviously that makes complete sense.

• Minglefingler says:

Yes, lets have gangs of vigilantes roaming the street, shooting the criminal scum. Why bother having a police force? Just give everyone a shotgun and we can use the CCTV footage from the ensuing bloodbaths as a cheap replacement for television news. What a horrible and dispiriting view of humanity you have. I find the fact that you mention having students quite disturbing.

• Symarian says:

*choose

• Symarian says:

Also, man you’re stupid. Like, really stupid. It ooze’s out of my screen. Please delete your account, throw away your computer, and go live the rest of your days in a small hole in the middle of nowhere, so nobody has to experience your stupidity. I’m sorry your parents never loved you, but trying to grab attention over the internet is very sad. Go away.

ffordesoon says:

If you’re trolling, congratulations on your success.

If you’re not trolling, I recommend seeking psychiatric help. No, seriously. Your screeds (yes, I’ve read more than one) betray an unwell mind.

• fish99 says:

You know how much higher the murder rate is in the US versus the UK right?

• dethtoll says:

How are people like you considered functional and taken seriously as a rational adult?

FhnuZoag says:

Total Warhammer probably. Playing my fifth campaign now….

40. Gomer_Pyle says:

Just got Dark Souls (when it was on sale last week) so I’ll definitely be playing that and perhaps a bit of Rise of Nations: EE

41. liquidsoap89 says:

Dreamfall Chapters, Lords of the Fallen and (gasp) maybe Uncharted 4.

What does Graham moving away mean for his spot on the C&C podcast? Will he travel to join the gang, or is that it for him?!

• jonahcutter says:

No need to gasp. Lords of the Fallen is pretty good. Actually managing to improve on Dark Souls in a couple of mechanics.

The lore and world-building don’t hold a candle to Dark Souls obviously, but it’s a fun game well worth the time.

• malkav11 says:

The gasp was for Uncharted 4, which is a PS4 exclusive, which means he is a heretic and must be burnt at the stake. Or something like that.

• jonahcutter says:

Ah, I see.

• Vacuity729 says:

I forward the motion that instead we lightly chargrill a steak, and then eat it, but liquidsoap89 doesn’t get any. That seems punishment enough to me. Mmm… I’m hungry…

42. rahji says:

Hearthstone as always but I had a hard time this week on ladder and in arena. I think I should take a break for a few days. Just lost in arena to deathwing created by an unstable portal on turn 7. Of course I was at the brink of winning. Moments like that kill my motivation. what a lucky opponent.
    So I will probably finish Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.

43. Llewyn says:

I’ve clocked 12 hours of overtime today and probably something close to that tomorrow, so very little.

I took a half-weekend yesterday though, but spent it playing hunt-the-spare-Windows-license followed by a happy hour or more trying to get Win7 to dual-boot with an existing 8.1 install, just so I can claim a 10 upgrade in case the newly-announced Forza turns out to be any good. Gaming’s fun.

44. eclipse mattaru says:

More Dark Souls III! I just reached Lothric Castle and I’m standing deciding whether to keep going down at the toxic gardens or to go up through the castle proper.

At any rate, I kind of want to finish the game, but I also would like for it to last forever. It’s not the original Dark Souls, true, but so far it’s still the (very close) second most amazing game I ever played.

45. Unsheep says:

Lots of motorsport on TV this weekend, so that limits my time.

However I’ll make sure I have time to play some MotoGP 15 and WTCC 2015 during the days, and relax with some Xenonauts in the evenings, … gotta stop those aliens.

46. pertusaria says:

I got Stardew Valley and a few other goodies in the Gog sale, so I’m gradually trying to restore Grandpa’s farm to its former glory and rescue the town from the clutches of the evil capitalist corporation. It’s very early days, and I’ve never got far in any Harvest Moon, so I’m sure I’m doing it very inefficiently. It’s a good distraction from what’s going on.

I like the way the character’s footsteps change sound on different surfaces – it’s a minor thing, but really nice.

47. kud13 says:

More Blood & Wine.

May also finally get my SSD installed and shift my Win7 install onto it.

In which case, I’ll have to play “create a thorough backup of all valuables” first.

• Vacuity729 says:

If you’re still on a mechanical drive, you’re going to really appreciate the upgrade, I’m sure. After a while, you get used to the fast booting, snappy responses and so forth, but when you have the misfortune to revert to a pc without an SSD, it really hurts.

ffordesoon says:

I find myself craving a more-or-less plotless turn-based dungeon crawler or roguelike to click through while I’m focusing on podcasts. Anybody know any good games like that?

• Mi-24 says:

Teleglitch is on sale for £2.24 on steam right now. It’s a rougelike shootery type affair.

• Phasma Felis says:

Teleglitch is excellent, but it’s neither plotless nor turn-based.

• malkav11 says:

TOME 4 would be a solid pick. (There’s a bit of plot but it’s not terribly important or indeed memorable.) Or Dungeonmans. I also hear good things about Siralim but have not played it myself.

• Agnosticus says:

Desktop Dungeons?

49. Symarian says:

I’m in the same boat as Alec. It sickens me to my very core that these things happen on a daily basis. Be it mass shootings, drone strikes on innocent civilians, and everything in between, I just can’t look at games that incorporate violence. I could try rationalise it, saying it’s only ones and zeros, but I think I’ll stick to The Long Dark and exploring White Orchard in TW3. Hopefully the U.S. (and every country with loose gun laws, or less than peaceful views on war) can change.

50. fish99 says:

Bloodborne for me. I keep bouncing off this game, which is odd considering I’ve finished all the Souls games. Hopefully I can stick with it this time.

I just wish it was 60fps with some decent AA, it tends to look quite messy.