Mordheim: City Of The Damned Adds Witch Hunters

Nice hat!

Witch Hunters have arrived in Mordheim: City of the Damned [official site].

You: I don’t know, which hunters?

I said, Witch Hunters are in the turn-based tactical Warhammer game as a DLC faction.

You: I give up, you tell me, who’s here?

What? I don’t… you mean Who the baseball player? First baseman for St. Louis? Here?

You: Wait- are you forcing me into a sloppy riff on Abbott and Costello? You should stop. Alice, this isn’t right. Putting these words in my fingers like this. It’s not on.

Ah fine, fine. Let’s get down to business. Yes, you will need to buy the DLC to play as the Witch Hunters, but if you don’t they can still appear as enemies. That’s nice.

So! The Witch Hunters have arrived in Mordheim to combat Chaos. They’re a full warband with seven new units – the Witch Hunter Captain, Flagellant, Witch Hunter, Zealot, Warrior Priest, Templar Knight, and Executioner – and new skills and spells and things. To play as them and see their new eight-mission campaign with High Capitular Wilhelm Krieger, you’ll need to buy it.

The DLC is £5.24/7,49€/$7.49 on Steam right now, thanks to a 25% launch discount.

However, you can still see the Witch Hunters and scrap with ’em if not. The DLC launches alongside a new patch which adds them as an enemy warband you can encounter, see, not to mention it tweaks balance too. Check out the the patch notes for all that. Anyway, look at these nerks:

We had that nice Paul Dean tell us Wot He Thinks about this turn-based tactical battler but he wasn’t really a fan. How about you? Any interest in Witch Hunters? Any other factions you’d like to see as warbands?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Pich says:

distantlurker says:

I don’t know.

Third base!

3. NonCavemanDan says:

I still think Animaniacs did the best version of that joke.

More on topic, nice to see some of the other warbands making an appearance. Gives us hope for others making a come back. Undead please!?

4. pelwl says:

I just had another read of Paul Dean’s WIT. It is incredibly harsh and features suspiciously downgraded screenshots from the game. Nearly all the comments from people who played the game thought that it was a terrible hatchet job of a review.

Not sure if I’ll get the DLC for a while, but glad to hear that they’re doing something with the optimization.

cpt_freakout says:

Last time I played Mordheim (was the last big patch) it had been significantly improved. At launch the loading times went into like a couple minutes (or a bit more), but after that patch they’d been reduced to a minute or so at most. It might be time to try that Chaos campaign I never got around to…

As for the review, I remember it was trying to be harsh but fair, but ended up being just the earlier. I might have commented too back then, but this game is much smarter and complex than it would seem at first. It definitely requires some patience and many an hour, but that’s because it’s a boardgame at heart, and as such, it requires a certain level of commitment to the rules.

Anyway, the Undead warband that most people want next would definitely click right in with the game’s ultra-grim aesthetic, but I would love to see something more out of whack: Orcs and Gobbos please!

5. anHorse says:

Great to see this getting support still

6. Random Integer says:

and new skills and spells and things.

I read that as ‘and new skulls and spells and things’ at first, which seemed entirely appropriate for a Warhammer game.

• jonahcutter says:

Funny. I read “…campaign with High Capitular Wilhelm Krieger…” as “High Craptacular Wihlhem…”, which seemed highly inappropriate.

7. ToozdaysChild says:

So did they ever fix the lying odds prediction thing, or is that still a “feature”?

8. judgementine says:

though i feel that the undead would be the more logical next step, i’d much rather prefer to see the dwarf treasure hunters added in next instead. would be nice to have the stunties adding a more tanky warband to the game.