Location, Location, Location: A Subnautica Volcano Base

A fair few people said they wanted a little tour of my Subnautica [official site] Volcano Base so I’ve made a quick video to show it off – especially the garden which is packed with bioluminescent plantlife!

That save is actually now outdated so you’ll see a few glitches – the glass on the observatory looks like it’s missing at one point – but I wanted to record it before I abandon it for a new one!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it :)

Subnautica is actually 40% off in the Steam Sale at £8.99 (usually £14.99). It’s Early Access so obviously the usual caveats apply!

From this site

1. Doomlord says:

Nice!

2. Red_Fox says:

Your accent + Voice + Architectural skills = My Squeeeee!

• anHorse says:

I love just how enthusiastic Pip is about video games. It’s fascinating to see someone really enjoying a game.

3. lupinewolf says:

This is the kind of content that I love from this site. Thanks for sharing Pip!

4. tigerfort says:

Thank you, Pip! Just what I needed.

trubler says:

Awesome, I just started and this has me pretty excited to sink some time into it this weekend.

6. stuw23 says:

That was pretty cool. It’s nice to have articles like this, where the site writers are simply sharing something that they’re excited and enthusiastic about.

7. sincarne says:

Thank you, Pip! Just went and bought the game after seeing this.

8. Malagate says:

Nice of you to share thanks, I like it…

…but…setting up near the volcano in the safe shallows and NOT having any thermal plants? Ay ay ay, I hope next volcano base is in a more interesting biome, plenty to choose from that might give you some nice fauna to float around your flora.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

This is a game I have up until recently placed in the category of “not for me” but recently I have been very tempted to give it a try.

• Jalan says:

I said the same when it first became available. I waited it out after they pushed a couple of the “big” updates and gave in almost immediately. It’s one of the few games that’s actually using Early Access properly (compared to the growing pile of them that aren’t) and is still looking like it has more to offer each time they push significant changes.

10. Louis Mayall says:

Thanks Pip; this looks great!

11. AngoraFish says:

Purchased! Now I just need to find time to squeeze a game in. o.O

12. Hobbes says:

Okay, I’m officially jealous Pip. How long did that magnificence take you to construct?

13. ThricebornPhoenix says:

Neat! Sometimes it’s fun, for a while, to just be a tourist in someone else’s game world.

I’ve kept a skeptical eye on this game for some time, but ‘you can build an evil underwater volcano lair’ (all underwater volcano lairs are at least slightly evil) has an allure that’s hard to deny. Very tempting.

Matsimo says:

Hmmm. I -wanted- to wait until it gets Vive support. But now I seem to have bought it … somehow…

15. Tkrens says:

Thanks for sharing, Pip! Lovely video and best article of the day. I haven’t read any other articles yet but I doubt they could be any more lovely and colourful. This game looks so nice. I’ll have to go and grab it myself.

16. defunct says:

This game wasn’t even on my radar until I read the ‘Buy these games on Steam sale’ article and then this link. I stayed up 5 hours after my bedtime just so I could get that little sub, and I almost got eaten by sharks trying to do it. Now I gotta find that Moonpool so I can upgrade it! There goes my day…