Steam Top Ten: Everything Must Go

A shorter than usual weekly Steam best-sellers chart this week, primarily because almost everything is explained simply by the words “Steam Summer sale”, but partly because I’ve already spent a chunk of today compiling a big list of Sale recommendations to help our beloved readers’ purchasin’ decisions. You can have a pithy and/or explantory line about each game next week, promise. Meantime: these are the ten best-selling games on Steam last week. Expect next week’s to look wildly different, thanks to the ongoing and regularly changing sale.

2. Grand Theft Auto V

3. Dead by Daylight

So hot right now. Also, tiny sale.

4. Fallout 4

5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Sale! That means I don’t need to think of anything to say this week, hooray!

6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

7. ARK: Survival Evolved

8. Arma 3

9. Rise of the Tomb Raider

10. Stardew Valley

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Rosti says:

You’ve got more to say about CS:GO than anything else this week? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR ALEC?

2. Ricc says:

Well, great. Now I’ve got that Awolnation song stuck in my head again. :P

3. removeme says:

I own: 2,4,6,7,8 and looking to get 9 during the holiday sales.

4. Drinking with Skeletons says:

I really wish Ark didn’t seem like a timesink MMO slog. I’d love a decent dinosaur game, even one with fantasy elements.

Thirith says:

Can someone translate the GTA/Mary Poppins thing for me?

6. Christo4 says:

Can i just say that when i see games like DOOM and Fallout 4 be half the price from 60 euros normally to 35-30 i really don’t see how people still buy games for full price in this day and age?

• falcon2001 says:

DOOM is pretty recent, but FO4 came out in November, about eight months ago – if you wait long enough everything goes on sale, but that’s a pretty long time.

7. Darth Gangrel says:

You say you’re relieved that you don’t have to write anything about CS:GO this week, yet the text about it is the longest one out of all ten games on the list. That makes me draw the assumption that you like to write about how you don’t like to write about it.

8. Czrly says:

I read the list and my money is safe. Not ONE of those holds any interest for me. Not a one.

• Czrly says:

EDIT: I suppose the Witcher 3 was alright but I have that already. Fact remains.

9. defunct says:

I don’t think the Steam Sale changes any more, what’s on sale. They just highlight different things on a daily basis. Everything is the same sale price it was, the entire sale. This stops people from complaining (well, except those that LIKED the sales the old way!) and it stops people from returning games with their new return policy because it’s now cheaper.