Black Ops 3 DLC Includes Dragons Because Why Not?

Yo, you know what would really spice up Black Ops 3’s [official site] Zombies mode is some fire-breathing lizards because dammit, this is Call of Duty and they can do whatever they want. Apparently. Alright, I’ll admit that as far as DLC goes, having giant swathes of mechanized zombies facing off against dragons in the ruins of Stalingrad does sound pretty cool.

Called Descent, this new DLC adds a new chapter to the ongoing story of Black Ops 3 Zombies. “After escaping the swamps of Zetsubou No Shima, the Origins characters are hurled into an alternate, war-torn Stalingrad riddled with Element 115,” says Activision. “Our heroes will face their most dangerous enemies yet among the remnants of a battle between giant mechanised soldiers and ferocious dragons controlled by Group 935.”

Because all of that makes perfect sense. But hey, Zombies isn’t about making sense — it’s about kicking putrid ass. As well as all of that, the DLC is going to add four new multiplayer maps, including Empire which is a re-imagining of the Black Ops 2 map Raid, and Berserk, which is modelled after a Viking village.

But really, it’s the dragons everyone is talking about. And, unless I need glasses, I’m pretty sure I spotted a saddle on one in the trailer. Just as exciting is the return of the PPSh-41, a soviet machine gun from earlier Call of Duty titles that I absolutely adore.

Descent is due out on July 12 for Playstation 4 and there hasn’t been a date set for PC. But using my expert analytical skills, I am able to deduce that, based on the gaps between the previous DLCs, Descent should be arriving around the middle of August. No price has been announced yet, but based on other Black Ops 3 DLC I’m willing to bet it’ll be $14.99/£11.59.

From this site

Kitty says:

…Huh.

I thought CoD Zombies was somewhat straightforward, but I see I had underestimated how silly it is. I approve.

2. Chaz says:

If the main game was like that I’d would have been much more likely to buy it. Looks far more entertaining than the future warfare pap.

3. KastaRules says:

Silly awesome. Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate it.

4. GernauMorat says:

Huh. Funny they are intent on making the main games so utterly humourless and dull, while shoving all the batshit in these modes.

Harlander says:

So you’re sure there’s no way to get just this DLC and not the main game?

• Darth Gangrel says:

It’s part of Activision’s business strategy to get more sales, just like they won’t separately sell the remastered CoD 4 that comes with the new CoD.

6. OscarWilde1854 says:

It really does astound me that they haven’t done that yet… the number of people who would pay for JUST the zombies mode and DLC is probably ridiculously long. Obviously at a 50% discount from the main game.. but why not. For a company that loves to make things ‘piecemeal’ and make as much money as possible off each piece, they insist on keeping this whole thing together. (Good sign though, with the recent ‘Multiplayer Starter Pack’. So maybe next time will have a ‘Zombies Starter Pack’?)

• OscarWilde1854 says:

…. Was supposed to be a reply to Harlander above me ^^^

7. LionsPhil says:

Bit different from the last time I was in Stalingrad in a CoD game.