Hot Pockets: Steam App Released For Windows Phone

Pumpin' pumpin'

If your pocket telephone has a Halo lady living inside it, good news: Valve have released a Steam app for Windows Phone. Which is mostly exciting because it means Windows Phone now has the Steam mobile authenticator, so you can more easily secure your account with two-factor authentication and also get past those holds on trading for unauthenticated users.

The app is this-a-way and supports Windows Phone 8.1 and above. It is labelled as only the initial release with “limited functionality” but hey, it’s better than a punch in the face. Many things are, really.

It looks like Valve have brought in the chap who’d made an unofficial Steam authenticator for Windows Phone.

Say hi to Cortana for me!

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. BreadBitten says:

Damnit! JUST when I was going to chuck my 640XL for an iPhone 6S! DAMN YOU VALVE, you Microsoft-pandering shills!

• welverin says:

This stops you why?

• dethtoll says:

Yeah, really. I traded my (absolute garbage) Nokia Lumia something-or-other for an iPhone 5s and I’m never going back (though I might get an Android.)

2. Don Reba says:

Cortana is available on iPhone and Android, too.

• Hedgeclipper says:

Sure, but why would you?

• nearly says:

You can get desktop (Windows 10) notifications for missed calls. I’ve been notified there a number of times when I had left my phone in the other room with the ringer off. That alone is handy, but I seem to remember when I first heard about it that they planned on expanding the functionality further.

Aside from that, I was a loyal Windows phone user until about 6 months ago. I don’t use her much on Android but if they keep adding features, she could give Google Now a run for its money.

3. MortyDice says:

“This app does not work on your device.” Damn! It seems to be pretty restrictive at the moment.

4. Bobcat says:

This is the best news I have ever received.

• Slazia says:

Here’s the NEW best news you have ever received. If the previous news and this news is truly the best news you have ever received, you are almost certain to receive even better news soon.

5. Commander Gun says:

Question. I am thinking of adding the steam authentication to sell some cards, but does this mean i have to enter an authentication EVERY time when i start steam on my PC?
    And also, do i have to authenticate EVERY card sale?

• YogSo says:

No, to your first question.
      Yes, kinda, to your second question. Your Steam app will get a notification whenever you put a card (or anything else) to sell). You just have to go to the Confirmation menu of the App and confirm it. Repeat for every item you try to sell.

• PsychoWedge says:

shut the fucking frontdoor! seriously? so either I can put things in the store but have to wait 2 weeks before they are buyable or I have to double commit every single listing?

I was kinda anoyed that my shitty windows phone didn’t have a steam app because steam is bugging me constantly but this doesn’t sound like an improvement… xD

• Darth Gangrel says:

Thanks to the stupid trade hold and the free cards you get on the Summer Sale (plus some cards I had previously), I now have 25 cards on hold that won’t get on the market until the sale is over. Well, I’m certainly not gonna give up my old school Nokia just for that and also to spite Valve. Them pushing me to use the mobile authenticator just makes me want to push back. Fine, I won’t get as much money for my cards on the Steam trade market then, which means I won’t be able to pay for as many games without adding money from my bank account (which I’m reluctant to do).

• DEspresso says:

Same here, the 15days is quite excessive. I will gift the holiday Sale cards to a friend and hope he won’t spend the amassed riches on RPGmaker Games.

6. Konservenknilch says:

I’m probably the last loyal WinPhone user out there, until the bitter end. So any news like this is balm for the soul.

7. BrotherSurplice says:

If you’re a British Windows Phone user you don’t get the real Cortana, you get some boring knock off >:(

8. racccoon says:

Does Microsoft really need this parasite? All steam is doing is feeding off this system taking away players freedom & sucking PC gaming dry, by holding ten fold monopoly’s on games, This mobile attachment is proof It knows where its bread is buttered & needs to latch on to it again in another form, Microsoft needs to cut this parasite out & put it back where the sun don’t shine! its the biggest pest for ever for windows/pc/& now mobile players.

9. MrFinnishDude says:

I switched to android more specifically because the lack of a steam app. These news would have come from the heavens 6 months ago but now I’m unfazed.

10. Dudeist says: