Steam Charts: Don’t Call It 10 Comebacks

No new indie millionaries this week: we’re still looking at the consequences of the Steam Summer Sale, so the weekly list of best-sellers is entirely devoid of new releases. Hordes of people who’d sat on the fence about 2015’s big games jumped on the discounts, and that means many familiar names. Of course, you discerning bunch went and bought all the games we recommended instead, didn’t you?

1. Grand Theft Auto V

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

4. ARK: Survival Evolved

5. Dead by Daylight

6. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

All bets are off.

7. Fallout 4

8. Rocket League

9. Rise of the Tomb Raider

10. Arma 3

OK, well done Big Rich Companies. Fingers crossed for new names next week.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. emotionengine says:

I like the laser wielding ApatosaurusBrontosaurus there. In fact, I would actually consider maybe even buying Ark SURVIVALEvo:lved if it resembled that gif in any manner at all.

2. Moonracer says:

I picked up GTA5. Largely to try the VR mod someone made for the Vive (interesting but very rough). Plus I only played it on console and mods are cool.

• Hieronymusgoa says:

I got it together with the old PS3 from a friend (basically just wanted the PS3 for Demons Souls actually), realised I can’t control that game with a controller and will therefore buy it again. This time for PC xD Hooray for mouses…mice…

3. davethejuggler says:

Dino-Riders! Yeeeaahhh!

4. GenialityOfEvil says:

Most big titles stay full price for years though, so the discounts really only correct for the absence of natural depreciation that games had until about 3 years ago.

5. Muzman says:

G’ Ta V’ck outahere! Has anyone tried to have a look at what’s keeping GTAV on the charts for so damn long?
    No real discount since release, barely ever on sale and then at like 10% off. Yet there it is. There’s people liking a thing and then there’s this.

Is it some vast mod scene keeping it afloat? Has it a DayZ behind the scenes there? Is the multiplayer scene just massive and we norms have barely plumbed its depths?

• UniuM says:

There’s this guy named Greg, he lives in Pennsylvania, buys multiple copys everyday, no one knows why.
      Mysteries man, mysteries.

• Chorltonwheelie says:

It’s just a damn fine game.

• Itdoesntgoaway says:

My guess is that a lot of people (like myself at the time) had a rig that couldn’t touch it when it came out and are now catching up with a modern classic – oh and the multiplayer scene is pretty active (hated multi personally as the best part, the heists, are severely limited in number).

• fish99 says:

I imagine now it’s selling mainly for the multiplayer.

• The Algerian says:

How are you finding out only now that GTA is a popular series is what I’d like to know.

CoD doesn’t have jack on GTA in terms of popularity.

6. Snarkman3 says:

Very happy to ser DOOM so high on the charts. And hoping Id/Bethesda decide on giving single player content some more love. Making Snapmap more singleplayer-friendly, campaign DLC, expandalone sequel, anything. Pls.

caff says:

No idea why people are flocking to Ark. Found it like a poorly optimised prehistoric DayZ.

• fish99 says:

It’s more like Rust than DayZ since it has base building and crafting etc, but it’s not really Rust either since it has tameable dinos.

And yes it runs like cr*p.

8. Viral Frog says:

I got a grand total of 0 of these top sellers. Surprisingly, the majority of my purchases were games that appeared in the RPS sale picks articles… but I purchased them before those articles were posted. I think I may have some sort of mind reading super powers. I should capitalize on this.

• KoenigNord says:

My only purchase of the sale was Euro Truck Simulator 2. For those very few bucks, it was worth trying.

• warenhaus says:

Unless of course it’s RPS having these mind reading powers, already capitalizing on them.

9. Unsheep says:

Nothing that surprising apart from Dead By Deaylight and Rise of the Tomb Raider. DBD surprises me because there doesn’t seem to be that many maps in the game right now (is there more than one ?). Tomb Raider … I never got the impression that people liked it that much.

• try2bcool69 says:

There are several maps, but they all look pretty similar to me, mostly because they all use the same assets from what I’ve watched of it.

10. Universal Quitter says:

I didn’t think reading this article would result in watching full episodes of this:

11. The Algerian says:

I bought absolutely nothing for the first time in 6 years of Steam Sales.

I pretty much already have the games I want, and the one I could have considered buying weren’t discounted enough.