Broforce Broifies Bruce Lee, Tank Girl, Dirty Harry

How many bros can there be? Will they keep coming? Where do they even come from? As a wee tot I knew no bros, then suddenly I had one living in my home and it was all downhill from there. How does Broforce [official site] convert real people into bros, and could they do it to you and I? Broforce developers Free Lives show no signs of stopping. The run ‘n’ gunner has a new update adding bro versions of Bruce Lee, Tank Girl, Dirty Harry, and Snake Plissken (again). If they can conquer our mightiest heroes, what hope do we have? We’ll surely all be bros soon.

The changelog also details new sounds, bug fixes, Steam Trading Cards, and other new bits. The update’s on the DRM-free GOG and Humble versions too but without the imaginary trading cards, obvs.

Check out these new bros:

Yes, yes, the broness is a bit of a lark, but what’s behind the joke? A whole lot of fun, Adam will tell you. Here are some of his fanciful similes:

“Remember when you played Wolfenstein 3D and imagined what first-person games might look like twenty years down the line? Broforce is like that, but for everyone who played Metal Slug or any other side-scrolling shooter. It’s what Worms would look like if it had ever been successfully translated into a realtime singleplayer experience.”

Broforce is on sale on Steam for £4.79/5,59€/$5.99.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. jonfitt says:

I’ll always go back and play Broforce again when there’s a new update. It’s reliably fun even after so many play throughs, and I never replay games.

• jonfitt says:

Having said that, I think there needs to be some sort of bro roster choice added.
      There are now so many bros that you’ll very rarely get the one you want. This is especially sad when you want to try the new ones a few times.
      It would be great if each player could select 10 bros before the game. Maybe in a Street Fighter 2 style interface.

• Kefren says:

I agree. I’d actually like an option where I could choose a single bro to play with, with rescues just giving extra lives (or even do away with rescues – one character, one life, one chance).

Likewise I’d like an option to keep my current bro until he dies, THEN go to the last one rescued. Sometimes I’m having fun with a character, and have to make a choice between a rescue (gain a life but lose my fun bro) or not rescuing (but what true bro would leave his comrades behind?) I’d like to be able to carry on with the rescuer and see how far he/she can get.

• HopeHubris says:

This is basically already an option, Ironbro mode gives you one Bro to start, and rescuing other bros adds them to your roster. When one dies, he’s gone for that run, and you have the others you rescued left.

• Kefren says:

Ah, I’d never tried that. Though is that for the whole game? I.e. when they all die you have to start a new campaign from the start? I was thinking I’d like the option on a per-level basis, to save roars of frustration, but I will still give it a go!

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Yeah, and some of them I just find not very fun to play with. Like the Rambro character is just kinda meh. He’s effective but nothing very unique about him. Whereas say Macbrover (or whatever it is) is kind of shitty but makes you play the game in a fun way.

2. Arathorn says:

They’ll only have to add a metal slug bro and come full circle (no they shouldn’t, this tank bro seems to fill that role already). I’m still hoping they’ll some day add a bro based on Grace Jones. And I’m not sure about Snake’s new main weapon. His original weapon is more unique, this is just another sub-machine gun.

3. Kefren says:

(I just completed it for the third time the other day, THEN they do an update!)
    (Never mind, I’ll play it again.)

4. MrLakestream says:

Alice Bro’Connor

5. Darth Gangrel says:

“If they can conquer our mightiest heroes, what hope do we have? We’ll surely all be bros soon.” In the over-the-top, pixelated world of the far future, there are only bromantic comedies.

6. int says:

Why do the characters have red wino noses?

gritz says:

“a realtime singleplayer experience.”

If you’re playing this game without three other Bros, you’re doing it wrong.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

This game is good fun but man, those boss fights are horrendous. I never finished it because by the third or fourth time you fought giant worm thing that spits acid I was done.

• Metr13 says:

Bosses are really more of “keep restarting until you get the bro that works” kinda deal, especially that slug.

It’s nigh-impossible to build with short range bros, but someone like Brommando can just eat through it.

9. AyeBraine says:

Couldn’t restrain myself from automatically commenting after seeing Tank Girl remembered at last. One of my favorite childhood movies.

The Tank Girl soundtrack CD was the only item I have successfully stolen from the store in all my life.

10. April March says:

I play Broforce pretty much every week. With custom levels it’s a game that keeps on giving.