Hearthstone: Get Murloc Shaman For Recruiting Friends

Hearthstone [official site] is getting a new hero. A MURLOC hero. Awurrrrrbllllblblbllbb.

This is thanks to a Recuit A Friend function which is now in the game. Using said function to recruit a friend will reward you with Morgl the Oracle, a Murloc Shaman as a playable hero.

It’s not actually as simple as forcing a friend to sign up so you can listen to an amphibious wizard burble as you play. NO. That way would lead to a sudden increase in throwaway accounts that never get played and are linked to email addresses Murloc fanciers had set up for this very purpose.

Instead Morgl will only unlock when your first recruited friend amasses 20 levels across their hero roster. Or when you’ve levelled the account linked to murlocfancier96@hotmurlocs.com to 20 across your second set of heroes and can finally go back to your main. Whichever. No judgement.

Here’s the detailed info if you want to get involved.

There are a host of other tweaks and changes which you can check out in the full patch announcement. I must say they don’t really mean much to me what with my giving up Hearthstone relatively early on but I do like the iOS bugfix: “Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.”

They should have called it the Zoolander patch.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. mtomto says:

Sounds illegal to me… at least here in Denmark. I could be wrong though as the game is free to play.

• Squirrelfanatic says:

What part of it is illegal now? Getting the portrait or setting up fake accounts?

• yusefsmith says:

He meant Murloc-human miscegenation

• mtomto says:

There’s a law against pyramid schemes in Denmark, but as I said; when the game is free-to-play it probably doesn’t matter. Same problem blizzard had with recruit a friend in wow a few years back (in denmark at least).

A link to a forum post of similar topic in wow:

So yea… I’m not sure how they do this time :S

• mtomto says:

It would be nice with an “edit” button…

• Squirrelfanatic says:

Ah yeah, I see. Given how common refer-a-friend promotions are these days, I would expect the ruling has something to do with the specifics of such pyramid schemes (for example, whether they are linked to a F2P service or not).

• SaintAn says:

Denmark sounds like a nice place. Wish the US protected its citizens from these schemes, scams and cons corporations run on US citizens who are too stupid to think about what they are doing and supporting. Would be great to have all F2P/B2P games banned and these schemes gone.

2. Babymech says:

He meant turning left. Denmark has been turning right for a decade now; it’s almost illegal at this point to turn left.

• Babymech says:

This commentary system is, as always, worse than any Murloc.

3. Neurotic says:

They don’t like to make it easy, do they? Getting the Paladin bird a few months ago was cake compared to this!

• Shivs says:

It takes way less, it took me about 40 minutes this time. You don’t have to get level 20 on every single hero, you need to get 20 levels across all heroes.

• ludde says:

Ugh, your comment illustrates perfectly why I’m so fed up with free to play. I once shared the “it’s not so bad” mentality, trying to find the most effective routes through the game’s imposed economy. Weekend specials here, boosts there. I knew I was being gamed, but it took a while to truly appreciate what utter time waste it is.

• Zamn10210 says:

Cosmetic portraits are in no sense part of the game’s “economy”. It’s not even possible to buy this one so it doesn’t have any equivalent value in either in-game or real money.

4. BooleanBob says:

I’ll take ‘things that Denmark apparently has in common with the Parliamentary Labour Party’ for ten, Alex.