Telltale’s Batman Swooping Down In August

Batman: The Telltale Series [official site] is finally getting a digital release date. Almost. Telltale have revealed that the first episode will launch sometime in August. We’ll have to wait until next week, though, to see the specific the date is revealed alongside a new trailer.

But wait, there’s more! Telltale have big plans for San Diego Comic Con. They’ll be hosting a crowd play event, giving a first look at the premier episode of Batman: The Telltale Series on Saturday, July 23. The crowd gets to shout out their choices a la Twitch Plays Pokemon as the action unfolds on-screen.

Troy Baker, voice of Bruce Wayne (and most other video game dudes, for that matter), and Greg Miller of Kinda Funny are hosting the festivities alongside other Telltale team members. For information on how to register for the event, see the announcement.

Batman: The Telltale Series exists separately from the comics and movies, and adopts a cell-shaded, comic style. Bruce Wayne will feature more heavily in the story, and in some scenes, you’ll even be able to choose whether you’ll play as the caped crusader or Bruce. Telltale discussed the series’s new direction in an announcement last month:

“We’ve been hard at work at Telltale creating an all-new iteration of the iconic Batman story that puts players in the suit of billionaire Bruce Wayne, just as much as it will put them behind the mask, deciding how to carefully navigate a complex drama, rich with action, crime, corruption, and villainy lurking around every corner of Gotham City.”

Sounds pretty juicy to me! More details are sure to unfurl next week. For now, though, we can enjoy the game’s stylish old announcement trailer:

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. geldonyetich says:

Welp, I’m sold. Telltale makes good point and click adventures for IPs, and Batman is an IP I enjoy. Sold, sold, sold.

2. TheAngriestHobo says:

Considering the wait between episodes/seasons, I think TT would be better served by choosing a handful of franchises and seeing those through to something approximating completion, rather their current approach of taking on every new IP that pops into their heads. As it stands, of the dozen or so episodic games they’ve made, only one has seen a second season.

• VCepesh says:

Well, Wolfamongous and Tales form the Borderlands are pretty much finished stories. They don’t really require a continuation or another season. Although I’d be in favour of that, since I rather enjoyed them.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

As I recall, though, they both ended with cliffhangers.

• VCepesh says:

Those are the kind of cliffhangers that are mostly teasing the audience, rather than full-blown sequel hooks. The kind that is best left unresolved. I do not feel like I need to know what happened after the end of the TftB, for example. And “Wolf Among Us” was pretty much entirely self-contained.

3. wodin says:

I’d like to see Deadpool

4. sgt trees says:

Love Telltale games, but I wish Telltale would fix their games from crashing! Still cannot play Wolf Among Us on Mac OS due to constant crashing. Telltale shows no effort in fixing these issues.