Bam! Biff! Hi! Meet Telltale’s Batman In New Trailer

Your man Batman and his Batchums are leaping, diving, and chatting all over the place in the first in-game trailer for Batman: The Telltale Series [official site]. It comes alongside news that the first episode will launch on August 2nd. Until then, here, have a gander at Batso, Brucie, Vicki, Harvey and all the gang, see how they’ve come out in Telltale’s episodic adventure game:

As you’d probably expect, it seems Telltale are setting their new story in Brucie’s relatively early Batdays – the sorts of things we tend to see in films, which don’t require huge amounts of reading-up on backstory. You’ve got Harvey with a singular face, Vicki Vale meeting Brucie, and certainly none of the wacky alternate universe nonsense that Batman inherits from the wider DC Universe. I would swear I hear a smidgen of clownish laughter at the end there, after the bats flap about.

Maybe, if we’re really lucky, Telltale won’t give us the full Batman Batorigin story with that same slow-motion shot of pearls spilling onto wet asphalt and all that. At what point will Batman be big and known enough that adaptations will be able to skip all that? He’s Batman. Wears his pants over his trousers. Hits people. Has a fancy car. Awful PTSD. Doesn’t kill. His best pal’s named Jim. Easy peasy. He’s Batman, yeah?

Realm of Shadows, the first of Batman’s five episodes, will hit Windows and Mac on August 2nd.

From this site

1. TechnoJellyfish says:

Kevin Conroy or GTFO.

2. Harvey says:

I would also accept (even prefer) Adam West.

3. PanFaceSpoonFeet says:

“a revolution is knockin’ on Gofam’s door” voiced by Frank Spencer?

• PanFaceSpoonFeet says:

.. More constructively, I should say I just finished (having loved) walking dead, so I’m very Yay about Batman.

4. ResonanceCascade says:

I’ve long since had it with Telltale’s episode release schedule (or lack thereof). By the time each episode comes out, I have to replay the last one to even remember what the hell is going on.

• Dare_Wreck says:

Doesn’t each new episode usually start with a “Previously on…” segment to remind you of exactly that? That’s how they handled The Walking Dead episodes.

• Durgendorf says:

They do, and impressively they also highlight your individual choices during then.

5. It's not me it's you says:

How do people even do the whole being livelong fans of the bat thing? I quite liked the Nolan films and am generally fond of the character, though I haven’t followed comics or anything.

And even with such limited exposure I’m tired of pre-Two Face Dent and all the same characters reset to the early days, before Several Events That Must Happen have happened.

But then I guess that’s exactly what Alice said anyway.

6. racccoon says:

Hurray! Finally, a Gog major recognized game!
    Lets hope steam doesn’t play around with gog like trying as it is to buy into it.
    As I don’t need steam on the PC with its monopolized imprisonment of PC players, causing us this to become this forced separation. We were once free & unified PC gamers!

7. Konservenknilch says:

I wish they had gone with the campy Adam West era Batman. That would have been a perfect fit for Telltale and set it apart from the bajillion other Batproducts. But is seems they just don’t do whacky comedies/sitcoms anymore (well, Borderlands, but that was it). Sigh, I miss Sam&Max…

8. ilitarist says:

More polygons, bigger locations.

Telltale, FFS, you are making movies about characters. And I’ve seen better animation on PlayStation 1. Mah immersion! Am I supposed to get invested into those wooden characters? There’s no gameplay, there are no more choices in Telltale game, all that’s left is voices and graphics.

9. eeguest says:

I think Batman should learn one more time that with great power comes great responsibility.