Hearthstone Who? Uno Coming August 9th

Ubisoft are releasing Uno [official site] for PC! I’m just going to assume that you know what Uno is. It’s a card game, okay? And Uno used to be my jam, in an embarrassing way. This is Uno with multiplayer and customizable house rules. Nobody ever agrees on how to play card games anyway. This game is probably for your kids or your nostalgia.

Fine, if you don’t know what Uno is well… Uno rules: you have yellow cards, green cards, red cards, and blue cards. Then there are wild cards, which are the most fun of the cards because they can do pretty much whatever they want. Since this is a computer game, it’s probably going to work a little bit like online poker, but hopefully less sleazy. I bet you anything people will be betting on it in no time. Back to the rules: you’re piling all your cards on top of each other until somebody has one card left and has to yell Uno.

It supports voice and video chat so I wonder if the game will actually notice if you scream “Uno!” at the top of your lungs. In the cardboard version, if you don’t remember to yell you must draw extras cards. Either way, I’m sure there will be lots of families and kids playing this so, I don’t know, keep cussing to a minimum?

Like most contemporary board/card games-turned-computer games, Uno will have leaderboards. You may fulfil your dream of being the best in the whole wide world at Uno someday. Along with themed decorated decks, Ubisoft say it’ll have house rules and “never-before-seen Theme Cards that really change the way you play the game!”

Uno will be out August 9th.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. StevieW says:

Probably not…. I remember this on the xbox360 when the xbox live camera thing (or whatever it was called) was all the rage.

Honestly, I saw more cock in a month of playing Uno than all my previous 30 odd years combined.

• Squirrelfanatic says:

I have to say, you could probably replace the word “Uno” in the player names in the above screenshot with various terms for genitals and wouldn’t know the difference to your average CS:GO match.

2. ScubaMonster says:

I remember there used to be something like this on the 360 I believe, complete with the video chat. It was plagued by people showing their junk to the camera. I expect this to be no different.

• ScubaMonster says:

Someone beat me to it.

• StevieW says:

Good to know it wasn’t just me then!

• KevinLew says:

Why can’t the FBI just have somebody playing Uno all day and recording people’s IP addresses? I mean, pulling down your pants to random strangers is the definition of a sex offender.

• Caiman says:

I first read that as “Someone beat it to me”. With Uno, nothing would have surprised me.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Well you know what they say, the early bird shows his cock on the internet.

3. Riaktion says:

This is not a criticism, but for some reason I cringe internally whenever someone uses the term… “this is my jam”. Am I on the only one?

That’s all I have to say, other than UNO is a fun card game. Hooray for fun!

• Ross Angus says:

For me, the phrase is “colour me interested”. I don’t mind “jam” so much.

• Riaktion says:

Fair enough, I think I use “Colour me interested” sometimes. Turns out I am just as irritating :D

• OscarWilde1854 says:

I agree, unless its literal Jam and they are a Jam merchant… in that case I’m not sure what their other options are! “Hello, this is my jar of preserved fruits!”

• Riaktion says:

**EDIT / TYPO Correction – “Am I the only one?”

4. maphisto2000 says:

I’m confused. Uno (UNO and Friends) has been available from the windows store for AGES…

5. radioOnFire says:

link to youtu.be This is what I imagine ranked matches are like for Uno.

6. BigEyeGuy says:

If you like party card games like UNO check out this little known game called Yaniv! me and my friends created a iPhone version with multiplayer that works really well. it’s free with very fair IAP for unlimited multiplayer games (first 15 are free) link to itunes.apple.com

7. teedle says:

You don’t get to do a whole lot in Uno. Uno video games always seem more fun than they end up being :/