Terraria 1.3.2 Patch Gets The Party Started

Terraria [official site] has been around for quite some time now, but the game’s vast world, and the dev team’s continued dedication to maintaining it, keeps people coming back for more. The Terraria 1.3.2 update is out now, bringing parties, chest sorting, and more to the 2D sandbox adventure.

With the patch, players are encouraged to party, with a host of supplies to get you off on the right foot, including party hats, streamers, balloons, presents and more. You can start your own party at the Party Girl’s Party Center, or join in on a Town NPC’s celebration when certain conditions are met.

If you’re more of a homebody, though, there are updates for you, too. Chests are now sortable and rain clouds are craft-able. In other good news, NPCs will generally avoid falling into cliffs when they stray too far from home. That’s a relief. Improvements have been made to the chat tags, too, keeping them from breaking in long lines of text. The update also fixes a number of bugs that caused imbalances in enemies and items or the game to crash. You can see the whole changelog here.

Already the Re-Logic team is looking ahead to the next update which focuses on the Underground Desert. There’s no date set yet.

From this site

1. Mags says:

Sweet! Hopefully they’ve nixed whatever’s made it unstable for me since the last big patch.

2. Freud says:

I have a confession to make. I haven’t played Terarria. I haven’t even played Minecraft.

3. golem09 says:

I wanna start to play Terraria or Starbound with my girlfriend in coop this weekend. Which one should we play?

• HallowedError says:

I’ve played 100s of hours in Terraria but was never able to get into Starbound. I admit, though, that I haven’t tried recently and I really should. Along with many others it just felt that SB was lifeless coming from playing Terraria.

With either be prepared to look stuff up in the wiki frequently!

• MrFinnishDude says:

Starbound relrases 6 pm GMT tomorrow, and whoo boy has it come a long way.
      All these people who claim it to be lifeless have played it back when it clearly wasnt as finished.
      There will be proper progression, storyline, crew and colony system, completely rewamped crafting system, etc, etc…
      I’d wholeheartedly recommend starbound, the tomorrows update is a big one.

• RanDomino says:

I played Terraria on the RPS community server last August and it was great. Terraria has a strong feeling of being an adventure. I haven’t played Starbound.

4. ikehaiku says:

Terraria is one of those games that I’d like to play, but just can’t play, because everything is just to small and I simply can’t see anything on the screen.
    Looking up over the net for a mod that could fix it, I’ve found many people having the same issue, but no fix. Well…

Funnily enough, I’ve heard the console version has a zoom option, but for some reason, it never made it onto PC.

• DudeshootMankill says:

You can change resolution and freely scale game window.

Dunno if thats changed, cause its a long time since i’ve played Terraria.

DantronLesotho says:

What ^^^ said. Terraria actually has really good resolution support.

• ikehaiku says:

Nope, it doesn’t work – only work in full-screen, but not in windowed mode.

• purex. says:

I agree. I started playing it on a 1280×1024 display and it was very comfortable. When I switched over to 1080p everything was jarringly small, never did get back into it.