Conception II Bringing Date-O-Dungeoning To PC

How is babby formed? Well, little Timmy, when a mummy Disciple and a daddy Disciple are imbued with the power of the Star God and need to create Star Children to save the world, they take a special matryoshka doll and… this is awfully complex. Maybe it’s best you wait a few weeks for Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [Steam page] to come along. After a few years on pocket computers, Spike Chunsoft’s weird and trashy dating sim-cum-dungeon crawler is coming to PC. It will explain all about babby.

What’s Conception II about? Well! Here’s what Spike Chunsoft say:

“The magical world of Aterra has been under attack by monsters for decades.

“The only ones who can stand against these monsters are ‘Disciples,’ young men and women gifted with divine powers of purification, and otherworldly Star Children created via the bonds between male and female disciples.

“As a new disciple, it falls to you to create Star Children with seven of the most powerful girls in the world and save Aterra.”

I think you get to touch a lady’s norks?

Amazing. That date is not going at all well.

You may be wondering why I’m posting this. 1) It’s Friday night and if Eurotrash isn’t on TV any more I suppose this will do for bawdy late-night antics; 2) it’s interesting that Spike Chunsoft are bringing some of their weirder games to PC; 3) I read Destructoid’s pocket review and laughed then thought hey, this might appeal to some of y’all. As Destructoid say:

“With its incessant jiggly boobs, drab story, naughty baby-making imagery, and harem tropes-a-plenty, I’d get why some would steer clear of Conception II. But I’m here to recommend it. The dating side is just interesting enough to keep you roped in, and the battle system grows on you after a bit of time to be something pretty rewarding.”

What a weird thing.

Conception II is coming to Steam on August 15th.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. earthmachine says:

I am fan of dungeong crawlers and it looks pretty but ugh I don’t think I could get past the story. Also that image speaks so much. Haha, so much disappointment and disgust in one look. Nope. indeed

• Ragnar says:

I tried the demo on 3DS and the dungeon crawling and combat was pretty disappointing and boring.

Watching that trailer, I feel like it would have made a better anime than game. But then we’d be without the pervy fondling mini-games.

X_kot says:

If I were charitable, I would describe it as something between Persona 4 (social interactions and dungeon crawl) and Disgaea (recruiting/spawning minions/children, leveling them up, and then trading them in for better ones). If the premise of the story doesn’t get to you, then the dungeons likely will; they are poor renditions of those in Persona. There’s also the micromanagement involved in managing your connection with the women vs. siring useful children vs. improving your settlement with said children vs. fielding a useful team in battle.

• Haplo says:

That’s not a good sign. As much as I adore Persona, I’ll happily say a poor rendition of -those- fairly lacklustre dungeons doesn’t exactly bode well.

• Shakes999 says:

Seriously, I like Persona but I’ve quit halfway through each one of them cause the dungeons are such a tedious beating after 20 or so hours.

Edski says:

So the school is a eugenics lab trying to create the ultimate warrior-babies? Disturbing.

And while we’re on the topic of unsettling Japanese games, I’ve been looking into this Pokemon malarkey and can only conclude the the RSPCA would not be well pleased. Capturing wild animals, putting them in tiny windowless cages, then bringing them out fight each other as a form of sport. Worrying that it’s so popular…

4. GWOP says:

“Capturing wild animals, putting them in tiny windowless cages, then bringing them out fight each other as a form of sport. Worrying that it’s so popular… ”

It really is a disconcerting development…

Anyway, you guys excited about the upcoming Dreamcast? I think Sega has a real winner in its hand!

5. Zankman says:

Didn’t seem that bad at first, but, the excerpt from the Destruction review tells me all I need to know… Jiggle physics and harem tropes?

Yeah, fuck that. Classic otaku pandering trash.

• Zankman says:

Upon further inspection, I feel like this previous comment of mine was not harsh enough.

Namely: This game and all that it represents and stands for when it comes to Japanese gaming and Otaku culture is *so bad* I am literally (note: figuratively) afraid and reluctant to go to Steam to check out the New Releases (which I do every day) simply due to the fact that this game is there. It will tilt me if I even see it.

6. Chillicothe says:

If you find this dumb, remember all the classy, higher-quality Japanese ports that have come out over the last 2 years (which will largely have lower sales than this…)

7. Geewhizbatman says:

Eh, ya–I mean I played it to what I…think was the mid-lateish portion of the game on the DS and I enjoyed my time. I got about as far into it as I did with Bravely Default, and stopped for the same grindy reasons. The weird star babies are just the classes (and the collect ’em all, chibi costume nature was fun as was in BD) with the mother/father characters throwing in their own cutscene moves. The dating portion and the dungeon crawling splits the grind but it is still a JRPG at its core and I found it daunting. The story isn’t interesting enough to carry it if you don’t enjoy the gameplay, that’s the biggest critique of it for me.

All the rest—Well, ya. It’s very strange, but I found it more absurdist than unsettling. I thought they dealt with it well enough, even bringing up interesting ideas over the fine line between sex and intimacy. None of which is explored in any real way, beyond each of the girls having different reactions to it, but was no creepier than anything the Emblem series did and that didn’t stop anyone from enjoying the game.

So, I’d say if you can gloss over other games that use similar mechanics it isn’t a waste of money, but there are also better ways to spend your dungeon crawl time than making bio-mechanical/magical weapon babies if you’ve got a backlog of JRPG-tactic type games to play.

AutonomyLost says:

“Norks”???

9. TheAngriestHobo says:

Sounds like something out of “Dr. Seuss does Dallas”.

10. running_to_mars says:

Why does shit like this get ported and we still don’t have Dark Cloud 2 and Skies of Arcadia?