Fart Bigger In South Park: The Fractured But Whole

South Park: The Fractured But Whole [official site] isn’t just content to offer up another round of hilarious role-playing, it will also be improving on the fundamentals of The Stick of Truth—including some pretty epic farts that can tear a hole in the time-space continuum. In a recently released developer diary, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone talk about their lessons learned and detail some improvements made to South Park’s turn-based combat.

“We’ve learned so much from the Stick of Truth, we decided, let’s make another one and take everything we’ve learned and make it better,” says Trey Parker in the video. While I wouldn’t say The Stick of Truth had bad combat by any means, it definitely was simple. The Fractured But Whole will be introducing a more strategic tile-based system where you move your heroes around on a grid and position them for attacks.

Since The Fractured But Whole picks up the day after the events of The Stick of Truth, you play the same character from the first game, and that means retaining your mystical butthole powers. “We were like, how can we make your farts more powerful than what it was in the Stick of Truth?” Parker says. “Well, they can start to bend time.” Funny, I was just telling a friend that’s exactly what the first game was missing…

Anyway, South Park: The Fractured But Whole is coming to Steam on December 6 and will cost £39.99/59,99€/$59.99.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Slazer says:

The only things that stops me from pre-ordering is wanting to now if there will be a cut version for Germany.

I like that they changed the combat, it was fun as a joke in the context of the first game but really lacked depth long-term.

• carewolf says:

The german version wasn’t that bad. It appeared to actually have more content than the regular censured versions, they just had ugly graphics for the nazi zombies. But that seemed appropiate since SouthPark had completely fucked up nazi zombies. Everybody knows a dead nazi is a good nazi, which makes nazi zombies the good guys..

2. blur says:

Trey Parker and Matt Stone. You’ve mixed up the surnames in your article here.

3. astronaute says:

The Fractured Butt Hole?

not bad, not bad :)

• Jerppa says:

So many asses, so little time.

• Slazia says:

It’s almost as if comenters here do nothing but crack jokes.

• Slazia says:

*commenters.

• Phasma Felis says:

The game is literally called “The Fractured Butthole.” I don’t know what you want from us.

• Phasma Felis says:

Right, sorry, I’m so used to people whining about the comments here that I missed the obvious pun. Please carry on.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Yeah, it’s easy to over anal-yze things.

• Arioch_RN says:

There’s a quite visible colon in the title an’ all, what do ya’s phinc ter that?

4. C0llic says:

I’m sure this will be worth playing, simply because yet again, Matt and Trey are heavily involved. I really like that. It’s good to see them having fun with SP and being invested especially after how heavily it was merchandised by Comedy Central when it first blew up.

5. aircool says:

The first game was far, far better than I expected it to be. I did buy it in the sale for £6 so it was definitely worth the cash, but I’m not sure about £40 for the new one.

Whilst the first one offered some sort of replayability by choosing a different class, there wasn’t really anything you hadn’t seen or done before.

Saying that… farting never got boring, just like in real life.

6. DanMan says:

No Uplay for me, thanks. Gotta admit though, the scene where they made space to let the car run by was funny.

7. purex. says:

This horse is so beaten at this point that it’s just a sort of bloody pudding, but the game is more expensive in the eurozone and I honestly can’t tell why.