Little King’s Story Brings Feudal Fun Times Next Week

Little King’s Story [official site] charmed the pants off of people when it was released on Wii in 2009, and it looks like it’s prepared to do it all over again as it heads to PC next week. The new PC version brings with it improved graphics and controller support, which will make keeping those serfs in line much easier. Serfs, am I right?

In case you missed out the first time around, Little King’s Story is a quirky little strategy cum simulation game in which unassuming youngster Corobo comes across a crown that can charm any person and make them follow any order. Seems very ethical. Corobo isn’t worried about that, though, and begins to build up the floundering kingdom of Alpoko.

On your journey for ultimate, chubby-cheeked world domination, you’ll command your loyal followers to perform the necessary dirty work–digging ditches, building bridges, fighting monsters, and hunting for treasure. Sound good? You can watch the peasants at work in this PC release trailer:

Little King’s Story arrives on Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store on August 5, coming in at £18.99/$24.99/€22.99, and that doesn’t include the 10% launch week discount!

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. zxcasdqwecat says:

Er een-glish is my 2nd language but ” quirky little strategy cum simulation game in which unassuming youngster Corobo comes across a crown that can charm any person and make them follow any order”?

Whatever, I want the important bits now, can I lock everyone into dungeons?

• Beefenstein says:

You make them wander around an expanse of countryside with you, using their strength and powers to access new areas and defeat new enemies. It’s kind of a Pikmin + Metroid but the ‘weapons’ are your serfs. You get new serfs with new abilities as you progress.

2. DecsterB says:

It might be worth noting that the official site link autoplays some quite loud audio.

DrollRemark says:

Well, not keeping our allegories subtle here, are we!

4. buedi says:

Holy cow!
    I played that back then on the Wii when it was released and while playing and after stopping playing on the Wii I always hoped that this might get a re-release or works well on an emulator. But I never ever expected that this will get a release on the PC. That´s absolutely fantastic news.

I LOVE that game. I remember when I (we, me and my wife) started playing it back then. The art style, the sound, animations, especially the music, but also the gameplay of Little King´s Story is absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately I had to stop playing it on the Wii when I reached a point where I was just not good enough to make any more progress. But I never got mad at it, just hoped there was an option to “cheat” a bit past a particular boss I could not beat and progress in the game, discover more of the landscape and probably more things to do in this game.

There are 2 games on the Wii I´ll probably never forget and immediately come into my mind when I think about the Wii: Super Mario Galaxy and Little King`s story.

I´m really looking forward to the PC release and I hope they kept all those fantastic music tracks in the game (I´m still listening to the Soundtrack every now and then, it´s just beautiful) :-)

5. Bobtree says:

I enjoyed most of this on the Wii, but IIRC I quit at the final boss. It’s a creative and challenging Pikmin clone with some poorly tuned boss battles, like one that asks trivia questions but doesn’t establish the mechanics beforehand and so required a lot of trial and error. LKS was quite charming and playable otherwise.

6. Ur-Quan says:

Great game with a really bad ending in my opinion.
    Still worth it, though.

7. Farsearcher says:

It’s a brilliant game, similar to pikmin but with more content and more depth. I played it on the wii and I think I’ll get it on PC as well. There’s some surprising bits of subtle humor here and there too.

Completely kid friendly to boot except the difficulty which is quite challenging.

Also yay for small children having several wives.

8. InternetBatman says:

I played it on the Wii and loved it. It is a truly excellent game, and having it ported will only make the medium better.