Some Games I’d Rather Read About Than Play

There are lots of games I see people thoroughly enjoying that interested me very little – mobas, online match-based multiplayer, rural management cuteness – and I’m really pleased they exist and provide such entertainment. But it’s not for me. However, there are other games that I have absolutely no intention of ever playing that absolutely fascinate me, and I love to read about the adventures people have within. Below are three of them.

EVE

I think that this is perhaps the game that most people would cite as their example of games they read about but would never want to play. A massively multiplayer online game that’s genuinely massive, and magnificently online. Years of extraordinary space combat, warring factions taking part in months-long battles across vast regions of space. It sounds so hugely overwhelming, and completely alienating, to me. And I feel real envy for those who have the brains and characters that let themselves excel in such a game.

Brendan’s extraordinary account of the collapse of the Goons is one of the best things RPS has ever published. Steven Messner has written brilliant accounts of EVE’s goings-on, including this piece on how players generate propaganda. The game has a historian! It has diplomats! Philanthropists! Invisible bastards! I remember going to Jim’s house and listening to him regale me with amazing tales during the five years he spent with the game. I remember seeing the game running on a second PC on his desk, alongside whatever freelance work he was doing, and being just fascinated. But never for a moment having a single inclination to play.

Gosh I love that EVE exists, that I get to read about it, and that I’ll never have to play it.

Stellaris

EVE I think I could, given time, actually play – I just don’t want to. Stellaris I cannot play. It’s like trying to parallel park in a space shorter than my car – it just won’t let me in. But I’ve had a great time reading about it this year. Adam’s told some fantastic stories from his time with the single-player space sim, exciting enough that I became determined to play it myself, before bouncing off it like it was made of space trampolines.

Brendan leapt in with a mod letting him play as a Synthetic and this great tale to tell. This is a brand new game that’s already seeing mods that make it more extraordinary. It’s so brilliant that this is happening in gaming! And goodness me, I’d rather rip plasters off my testicles than try to play it again.

Pokemon GO

I suppose I could appear disingenuous here – “Oh, look at me, the confused old fuddy who doesn’t truck with these young people’s gimmicks”. That’s really not it, as tempted as I’ve been to fall into it over the last few days. I’ve never played a Pokemon game, beyond a completely bemused hour or two with one of the DS versions. Completely didn’t get it. Still don’t. I vaguely understand what it’s all about, but I still haven’t gotten around to finding out exactly what Go does beyond letting you pick up imaginary creatures form real-world locations.

And the truth is, this augmented gaming idea sounds brilliant! Pokemon GO, based on my limited understanding of the concept, sounds like a great idea – you get to turn your real world, your everyday happenings, into gaming moments. As a big fan of games that blur the edges of a game’s fiction and your own reality, this sounds like a splendid thing. I just… I’ve never cared about Pokemon, and I feel no incentive to collect them. I’m not even sure what you do with them once you have – is there responsibility? Do you have to look after them? I have enough trouble remembering to look after my son, let alone some cartoons on my telephone.

So, truth be told, this does eventually devolve into smugness, because what I’m enjoying reading is people’s scorn, people’s horror at the ubiquity of it. Dan Marshall’s version of the game where he collects the monsters via other people’s tedious tweets about it, for instance.

But I’ve also enjoyed Adam’s writing about it, from his position of sharing a dislike of the proper games, so I guess that counts. Although, on the other hand, there’s this.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

distantlurker says:

Bit out of the (red) box but, D&D. Too old to go hunting for new people to play with (there’s a Pokémon joke there somewhere) but I *love* watching others play online, reading adventures or D&D based comics.

But yeah, EVE. Fascinating stuff, totally out of my comfort zone to play.

Alfy says:

Yep, EVE. I don’t have enough of a regular internet connection to ever pretend I’ll be playing that sort of a game (or any MMO, really), but reading about it is a blast.

I’d add there are some games I’ve stopped playing, but still enjoy spending time on the forums reading the discussions. It mostly applies to 4X and strategy games, and it can make for amazing reads when years after people still come up with new tactics or AARs… Obviously, I will never admit this to a non-gamer, we’re a weird enough bunch as it is.

phuzz says:

I read the title, and the obvious game popped into my head, then I looked at the screenshot. Yup, it’s pretty much the one thing everyone knows about Eve isn’t it?

(I have tried playing Eve. Twice in fact, but in Eve, you actually need to be sociable to get on, so I “won Eve” and quit)

• Someoldguy says:

You can do a version of EVE mostly solo, but it’s definitely a much shallower experience then the whole multi-thousand-player low-sec Corp v Corp warfare. Enjoyable for a few months at most. On the plus side, you don’t have to put up with all the crap you get from being a part of a multi-thousand-player Corp full of big egos and drama queens.

• Sound says:

The big egos and drama queens are just as present in smaller, less capable corps. If anything it’s more pronounced – they want their OWN tribe to lead. Personally, I don’t see myself going back to mid/small groups anymore.

Syt says:

When EVE was on sale I gave it a whirl. As solo player, I found that doing things took a bit too long for my liking when you are a gamer who puts in an hour a three in the evenings. Taking my ship out to whip some pirates and harvest loot needed an hour or two for me.

So I instead settled in a trade hub and watched the market, buying low, selling high, earning quite a few millions on these arbitrage trades. It’s amazing how many people put things on sale well under market price so that I could make 50-100% profit on reselling. After a week or two this became rather boring, though, and I quit.

Nauallis says:

Haha, EVE, yeah. The marketing team or company for CCP games sure does a great job of making the game look fun to play. The recent trailers especially. It’s glamorous, and I’d say it’s akin to wanting to be an astronaut. “You get to go into space! You can wear a space suit, and do EVA work! You might get to go to the ISS!”

And then reality sets in. To be an astronaut, you have to be incredibly fit. Very smart. In great physical condition, without major surgeries or medical implants. Pass a whole battery of psychological tests. Pass an even more extensive battery of physical tests. Have at least a Master’s level eduction in hard sciences, but a Doctorate is preferred. Being an officer in one of the branches of the armed services is a huge boon. And if you can meet all of those requirements, you also have to compete with the hundreds if not thousands of others that also meet those requirements and want that same job. Yikes. Those are just qualifications. What’s the day-to-day like? A lot of bureaucracy. Sure, you were in the space shuttle, or maybe you now get to be in the ISS. Every day is pretty regimented though. It’s a confined space. No sex (probably). You’re running experiments set up by other people which you might never get to see the end result/analysis of. I hear it can get pretty lonely. Etc.

EVE is like that. It sure does look fun. The trailers even make it look fast-paced. Yeah, no… mining is a boring chore. Literally it would be better if it could be automated, but nope, generally you have to actually sit at your computer and activate the mining lasers, setting a targeting queue, wait for the holds to fill up… yuck. Combat is either super fast paced for 1-20 ships, with engagements over in half a minute or less, or extremely slow and time-dilated for fleet combat, which can take hours and hours. Also you have to be in a corporation to really see capital ship combat, both to afford it and to have somebody to fight. Some ships are nigh-irreplaceable because of cost and training. There are NPC quests to do and bounties to run, but they mostly take place in High-Sec, which can get boring pretty fast.

I’m stoked for anybody that enjoys EVE or wants to try it. I’m not here to stop you. But it’s not a game for me! I too am much happier just to read about it, keep some of the glamour alive.

• malkav11 says:

Plus as far as I can tell the NPC stuff doesn’t really have much of a narrative component or a context to make it more meaningful or exciting than just grinding kills. They may have dubbed it “ratting” by way of condensing “pirates” into “rats”, but it’s not dissimilar to those early RPG tutorial quests killing rats in the basement of a tavern.

• Someoldguy says:

It’s more involved than basic cheap kill-quests you get in most MMOs but it’s certainly not a handcrafted narrative experience.

• The Great Wayne says:

You clearly never had to grind 0.0 belts for bounties at a serious enough level to sustain top tier pvp ships.

It’s definitely not involved, more like korean farming, but it’s a mean to an end.

• lordcooper says:

I too have never attempted to make my isk in a massively suboptimal fashion.

• apa says:

Well, he said in the article “…that let themselves excel in such a game..”. Excel. Geddit? Haha? (exit stage left)

alison says:

Man, tell me about it. I do love computer games, but these days I rarely have the patience to grind through ones that don’t have a beginning, middle and end. I am hugely grateful there are people out there who will spend hours in multiplayer games, sandbox games, strategy games, roguelikes etc waiting for something interesting to happen, and then write about it for us folk cursed with short attention spans.

Aside from all the games you mentioned, recently I have also been loving the articles about the latest Hitman targets. The embedded journalist stuff from ArmA and Tribes were great too. In fact that whole ridealong series is one of my favorite RPS things.

There’s another category of game that I only ever read about. Not to sound like a broken record, but it’s the ones that don’t play nice with Steam in-home streaming. That technology has become such a fundamental part of my lifestyle that even games I would really love to play like the new Mirror’s Edge or all the wonderful stuff on itch.io I will probably never get around to. Fortunately even though i can’t play those games on my tablet in bed, I can still read about them from the same sloth-like position. Reading. It’s for lazy peoples. Yay.

6. bateleur says:

For me by far the top game in this category is Dwarf Fortress, for obvious reasons.

Possibly a more surprising one is Counterstrike. The thing is, I’m really interested in the strategy but I don’t like mouse aim as a mechanic, so…

• The Great Wayne says:

I can understand where you’re coming from with CS. I got the same relation to LoL. I like to watch some games once in a while, but can’t for the love of anything dive into that cesspool of a community to actually play the game.

I did once upon a time, but I just couldn’t stand dealing with teenagers no more.

• Distec says:

I’ve given up on Dwarf Fortress after about 3 abortive attempts to get on with it, each time thinking “this will be different”. I love the stories generated from it, but fuck me if it isn’t a totally impenetrable and intimidating experience after I’ve faffed about for an hour. This is even with the help of starter packs and everything else the community has whipped up to grease its on-ramp.

So I’d say I’ve resigned myself to never playing it properly. But in all likeliness, I’ll probably take another stab at it in a year’s time with the exact same results. Gotta keep the dream alive.

That said, I expect I’ll keep giving it a whirl

• TillEulenspiegel says:

You gotta watch a series of video tutorials on YouTube. It’s the only way to get started with Dwarf Fortress.

But once you understand how the interface and the game system work, it’s no prob. It’s truly not that complicated, just…really badly presented.

• TillEulenspiegel says:

Oh and Dwarf Therapist is absolutely mandatory. I’m not sure how clear that is for newbies, but yeah. There are certain parts of the native DF interface which are too awful to grapple with, and Dwarf Therapist thankfully handles that.

• hungrycookpot says:

You should try it streaming with someone who has played before.

• P.Funk says:

I don’t like mouse aim as a mechanic

Madness! Anything but is absurd.

This argument sounds to me like “I don’t like using my precision tool so I think I’ll go back to the blunt object I was using for watch repair.”

kfix says:

Good lord that is such a meaningless argument to someone who is playing a game to have fun.

I have worked with a mouse and keyboard for 20 years, plus school etc before that, and some days between RSI and sheer fucking revulsion the last thing I want to do is grab another mouse for a few more hours.

kfix says:

I mean sure, I’ll play Civ or FTL with a mouse when I’m in the mood, but not most shooter or action games. I don’t care about being hyper competitive. And I really don’t understand people who try to play Dark Soils with mouse and keyboard out of some weird principle.

7. Dinger says:

No love for Star Citizen? Chris Roberts and company have put on the greatest management tragedy since Stephen Elop took control of the company leading the market in smartphones. I’m enjoying the drama of it so much, I feel guilty I haven’t invested a grand in its inevitable pyroclasmic outcome.

8. The Great Wayne says:

Played EvE for five years. The thing is that, it’s not a feeling or an impression. By just reading about EvE you’re getting the best of EvE without the tedium.

Emergent stories are what’s best in EvE, and you can be a part of it, but hearing about those is usually enough.

Ask any EvE player, he’ll tell you that you spend 99% of the time doing boring stuff, but the last %, boy is it good, even moreso because the 99% built up to that moment.

It’s a weird space really, where many lines are blurred. Most high-end players take it way too seriously tho, that’s what drove me away many years ago and made me never look back.

• Distec says:

If you could track the pulse of your average Eve player’s experience, it’s basically a flat line of near-comatose tedium punctuated with sharp, heart attack inducing spikes.

• cautet says:

Played Eve for a few years. Was involved in a huge multi-alliance war. It is fun, but even that involves a huge amount of waiting around. Even the fights involve a huge amount of waiting around.

The best thing to compare Eve to is a job. You know what times to log in for certain activities. For instance say an attack takes place against a tower. If it is successful you get a specific window time where you need to defend it again the next day to prevent losing control of it.

So in a major war you will typically have small groups leaving at regular times for harassing, scouting groups at regular times for escorting replacement ships coming through from high-sec space, scouting groups for capital ship operations, large scale fleet engagements at certain regular times (often you won’t have these at all for days on end if you have lost control of a key system). Most of these operations are not the fun.

Typically it’s a – who can be available at 3am tomorrow with a capital ship?

Just like a job it takes a lot of time and energy. It does give back, but so does working, and working pays more.

• Distec says:

I’m on hiatus until the bug bites me again. But this is specifically why I installed a jabber client on my phone for fleet pings, that way I could decide pretty quickly if it was worth logging in or not.

And even then, you can be waiting a half-hour for the fleet to form. Then you get to jump through 50 gates! Which I admittedly wouldn’t necessarily mind doing, but I don’t have the space for it in my life any more.

9. malkav11 says:

“I still haven’t gotten around to finding out exactly what Go does beyond letting you pick up imaginary creatures form real-world locations.”

That’s pretty much it, from what I can tell.

On the subject of Eve, it’s actually mostly incredibly boring, which is why it’s nice to read about the bits where things are actually happening, especially in articles that can condense months of maneuvering into a few pages, but kind of shit to actually play unless you happen to be lucky enough or good enough to be a major player in the sorts of things that get articles written about them.

• The Great Wayne says:

Hmmm, don’t know if I’d call the major players the luckiest ones. EvE can quickly turn into a second job when you got into alliance affairs and warfare, and the stakes are often quite high.

It can also play with people’s heads easily, can tell you I’ve seen some very weird shit back in the day – being a director for a corporation belonging to a big alliance which was part of a first plan federation back then.

10. klops says:

No need to feel sorry about not understanding Pokemon Go. There’s practically no game there. I liked going out with my niece and picking the monsters in a summery city but that won’t last for many days. The gym fights were not fun, the interaction minimal and there’s nothing else to do.

I expected the game would be like Pokemon games (or my idea of them, haven’t played) where you need to get stronger pokemons (pokemen?) and use their abilities to catch other monsters but you just grab everyone and if it’s hard, you change your ball. You don’t earn anything. Blah.

• Zenicetus says:

Yeah, that’s about it. My wife is playing it, and the major attraction is just the collecting part, which is a good fit for her personality.

When we played the type of multiplayer games in the past that let you loot things after a battle — Baldur’s Gate, Diablo, WoW — her main interest was always collecting the loot, not much else. A real Magpie for collecting stuff (and in the games). Pokeman Go is made to scratch that kind of itch. I give it another month or so, until the weather turns.

• Koozer says:

Fun fact: The plural of Pokemon is Pokemon. The plural of any Pokemon name is also the same as the singular.

Harlander says:

“Wander around collecting stuff” is its only compelling aspect. It’s nothing more than a walking stimulator.

• Geewhizbatman says:

Ah good, I’m glad I wasn’t missing something. That seemed to be all it was but I kept seeing that sparkle in people’s eyes and thinking maybe there was a hidden edge.

It seemed like only the tedious parts of the other games (which are already pretty tedious.) The walks sound nice though. I do enjoy the other games though as a casual experience and always have. The appeal being falling into the vague roleplaying of developing my team of thematic (even if terrible) pokes and stomping those preschoolers and rollerskaters. You go “Sir Lady” my male gothitelle! It’s a mix of nostalgia, mindless fun, and yeah–minor progression in seeing them change forms. The Pokemon Bank now lets me hoard and start new games, which is equal parts nice and sad on a personal level.

I hear the competitive elements are pretty complex but boy–is Pokemon not the franchise I’m even fantasizing about competing in.

11. Paul B says:

For me, it’s all the games mentioned in Tim Stone’s many weekly articles. Tim Stone’s got such a distinctive writing style, that I still enjoy reading his columns, but admit that I know next to nothing about war-games or simulations.

Part of me wishes I could settle down and enjoy a truck, or farming, simulator style game or an involving war-game but the other, larger part of me would rather play my current staple of open-world RPGs like Fallout 4 & Witcher 3.

But, I think, I’ll still continue reading Tim’s excellent columns.

12. lomaxgnome says:

Crusader Kings II is this game for me. I love reading people’s recounts of what happened to them, but any time I’ve tried playing it I just bounce off of it.

• zsd says:

I have also had this experience. It’s very hard for me to understand what to do aside from setting it to max speed and seeing what happens.

I’ve gotten as far as the part of the tutorial where you assassinate your brother to inherit all of his stuff, but that also meant inheriting all his wars and I had no idea how to make peace.

• malkav11 says:

Yeah, the individual mechanics don’t seem that hard to master to me but I ended up staring at the map for about an hour and then quitting because I didn’t have any idea what I wanted to try to accomplish and the game didn’t provide any goals for me.

• P.Funk says:

Its a sandbox succession and feudalism game. The goal is to build a bigger dynasty the Game of Thrones way, by marrying and murdering and invading and all that stuff. The other half is managing a realm of vassals that you need to keep content.

The meat of the interactions beyond the realm and the titles is the character traits. Characters have qualities that mesh or contrast with others and give you advantages in things like realm management or military bonuses or better diplomacy. Many traits give you advantages in vassal opinion though some clash such as ambition in a vassal that makes him permanently dislike you to a degree.

The simple solution to not knowing what to do is find a character and set goals for your dynasty. If you’re a lowly but independent dynasty in Sicily then make the kingdom of Sicily. If you’re the Petty King of Soreyar try to get the crown of Scotland. The way you do this is by pressing people’s claims who would owe fealty to you after, ie. bringing them into your realm or by manufacturing claims for yourself or by marrying someone where your children will have claims on lands once they come of age etc and sometimes you can just assassinate your way to rulership if the line of succession is right.

Watching the first few videos in an Arumba play through will probably get you sorted a bit. He usually sets goals when he starts so you know what he’s working towards and he’s a min maxer so he’s always talking about mechanics as he plays.

13. emotionengine says:

On Pokemon Go,

Wise move. You don’t get to pull that one with any authority unless your name is Werner Herzog: link to independent.co.uk

14. Mirarii says:

RIMWORLD…

I’ve played Rimworld and it is nothing like what I read about. It’s very enjoyable (at least addicting) to play and worth the cost. The unfolding narratives I was expecting from what I read about it, however… Did not exist.

15. ghossttman says:

Minecraft for me. I do find myself astounded or amazed at some of the things people do with it, but I can never see myself partaking of it.

• P.Funk says:

I find myself incapable of playing Minecraft now but back when it was new I could power through for hours and make all kinds of stuff.

Something changed in me though. Must be getting old and fuddy duddy.

• hungrycookpot says:

Minecraft is THE game that makes me feel old. Because I used to play it when it came out, back when I was in college. I dropped so many hours just building a kingdom that almost nobody would ever see, just because I could. Now, I can’t be bothered to cook up a fort to keep out the monsters. And it’s not because I don’t have the imagination for it. It’s because I don’t have near-endless amounts of time to throw at it. When I was in college, I had all night to drink and play, I had all day to dick around in class and play, and all the time spent in the geek lounge between classes to play. Heck, I skipped a good number of lectures to play video games with the other nerds. Now I have a precious few hours after work that I need to invest wisely, and Minecraft really does feel like I’m getting nothing out of it.

kfix says:

Ugh. Know what makes me feel old? People who were in college “back when Minecraft first came out”.

When I were a lad at university we used to play Lemmings on a rusty 386 with a mouse we made out of a tobacco tin. You young people don’t know what fun is.

16. Pelaf says:

For me, both the games listed above and Europa Universalis III are the games I can never get into. I tried EU3, but I cannot find a way to get into it. And I’ve tried several times, heh, it just doesn’t click with me.

17. Fry says:

Assuming we’re willing to replace “read about” with “read a Let’s Play of”, I’ll stick in a few RPGs that are well-written but so old/broken/badly designed/tedious to play that I can’t force myself to get through them.

Planescape: Torment
    KOTOR2

18. crankypants says:

Dark Souls. I enjoy reading about it, and I enjoy watching people play it on Twitch (Bloodborne, too), but I will never play it.

19. Scurra says:

Regarding Pokemon Go; I must confess that I have had three separate bursts at participating in Ingress (its clear ancestor), and that at least felt like it had some sort of point to it (indeed, it even has a vague “story” that has progressed as a direct result of player action) in a way that Pokemon Go doesn’t seem to be aspiring to.

20. geldonyetich says:

Having played all 3, I’d say:

Eve Online – You’re better off not getting entangled in this grind. The economy is incredible, but what the players have done with it is proof players ruin everything. It’s an abysmal game with only imagined drama enlivening it.

Stellaris – Crusader Kings 2 in space. Mediocre at release, but give Paradox a couple years and I could see it as turning out great.

Pokemon Go – Ultra fad with absolutely no redeemable gameplay unless you call “Walk 1000 steps and flick your screen” gameplay. A true gem for non-gamers.

21. MajorLag says:

Well, if nothing else, I’m glad this article exists if only to prove that there is indeed another human being on the planet who doesn’t get Pokemon in any form. I mean, I can objectively look at it and say “yeah, that’s a game, and it’s pretty ok”, but I can’t explain the “OMG Imagine Skyrim with Pokemon!” sentiment. It’s basically just dog-fighting simulator with all the gory bits removed.

Personally, nearly all games fall into the “rather read about/watch an LP of” these days. So many of them are so tedious, so grindy, so demanding of my time without providing an experience that justifies it, that I just can’t bring myself to play them. So I watch people play them while I work on stuff or read about them over my morning tea, but don’t play them. I dunno, maybe I’ve just got some kind of anhedonia. I still enjoy games and gaming, but it’s more the idea of them than actually playing them, if that makes any sense.

• P.Funk says:

The funny thing is for me as someone who did play Pokemon when it was all the rage back in the 90s in North America when there was only Blue and Red and only 150 pokemon (we’d have contests to see who could recite them all in order and one guy made nickels by drawing you your favourite one) I find the idea of playing Pokemon Go not the least bit engaging specifically because its not really like actual Pokemon the game.

Pokemon Go is the most literal interpretation of the Pokemon slogan to the detriment of any other sort of gameplay. The actual gameboy games had gameplay and some choices. This is just social media showing you show shallow it can be.

• hungrycookpot says:

Who EVER said it was Skyrim with pokemon? I’m pretty sure that everyone who plays it knows and says exactly what it is. It’s a stupid simple game that makes walking around town more interesting. That’s all. I have a dog, and walking around the circuit of pokestops is marginally more interesting than walking around in a completely pointless circle, so sometimes I’ll hunt for pokemon while I walk it. Why does it need to be more than that? It isn’t impinging on any of the time, attention, money, or players that hardcore gaming has, it really doesn’t matter.

• Llewyn says:

I think you missed the ‘imagine’ in his comment just before ‘Skyrim with Pokemon’.

I like the idea that there are people who are so enamoured with the idea of walking around, finding Pokemon in the real world, that they think the best thing possible would be to remove the walking around and real world elements. I also find it rather depressing.

22. Zaxwerks says:

Here’s my story for you then…

I was walking along a bridleway next to the ocean yesterday with a gated fence and hedgerow between the path and the shoreline. A mother, and son of about 7 were walking in the opposite direction towards me. They reached a break in the hedge…

Boy: Oh look the sea!

The boy holds up his mobile phone I thought to take a picture.

Mother: You are not climbing over the fence to catch a Pokemon.

Captain Narol says:

Dwarf Fortress and Elite : Dangerous, for sure.

However I quite enjoyed my time with EVE ONLINE and STELLARIS, and will probably return to the latter after the next big update…

24. Grim Rainbow says:

I played Eve for a month and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can flipped (stole from miners), ventured into places I shouldn’t of and watched skilled salvagers reap reward during ‘Burn Jita’.

Then I realized that the mid/end game wasn’t for me and like many people I would rather read about.

I remember once hearing Eve described as roughly the following and thought it was funny, ”Playing Eve Online is akin to being an orc at the battle of Helm’s Deep. You know you’re part of something amazing and epic, but you spent a life of pain and drudgery to get there and soon you’re going to be killed by someone who has been there longer.

25. telpscorei says:

The Witness sits squarely in this bracket for me. I’ve loved reading (and mostly watching) the explanations of the game on several sites, but it’s made me realise I’ll never have the time or motivation to actually play through it all.

26. Suits says:

EVE, just EVE

27. KingFunk says:

I once did have to rip plasters of my groinal area. Layers and layers of them. Plus I’m allergic to whatever the sticky stuff they use for Elastoplast-type stuff is which made it more fun. Actually wasn’t that bad, at least compared to the pain resulting from the SEVERELY bruised testicles that came about due to the heavy pressure applied by the kind folks who were using the plaster to stop me from bleeding to death… Fun times.

Comment on this story