Humble Indie Bundle 17: Lethal League, Nuclear Throne

Humble Bundles come every fortnight nowadays but the Humble Indie Bundle is still a rare treat, something a bit fancier than the rest – the flagship bundle. Numero diecisiete is now upon us (I know – diecisiete already! but it has been six years of HIBs), a pay-what-you-want bundle of games including Lethal League, The Beginner’s Guide, Super Time Force Ultra, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, and Nuclear Throne.

As ever with Humble Bundles, you can name your own price and split it up between devs, charity, and Humble. All games come DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and you get Steam keys too if you pay at least $1.

Pay anything at all and you’ll get ace ball-batting fighting game Lethal League, curious first-person breakdown The Beginner’s Guide, and pleasing roguelikelike space shooter Galak-Z.

Pay more than the current average price ($5.13 as I write this) and you’ll also get the Pip-enraging wacky physics ’em up Octodad: Dadliest Catch, fab co-op spaceship shooter Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, time-jumping shooty platformer Super Time Force Ultra, and mystery bonus games yet to be revealed.

Lastly, pay at least $10 and you’ll get roguelikelike shooter Nuclear Throne too.

That’s a solid lineup – perhaps less spectacular than some but sheesh, it’s a heck of a lot of good gaming. You’ve got two weeks to grab it.

From this site

1. Jeeva says:

I’m sure it’s worth mentioning, for those too lazy to Google, that the link in question is this: link to humblebundle.com

• Eery Petrol says:

The last words of the article permalink to the specific mentioned bundle though…

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

Linking that you bypass the affiliate link money. It’s basically hyperlink piracy. Shame!

2. Warduke says:

I’m in for Lethal League alone.. it’s fab

• cheesysmell says:

Really? I found it had about the same amount of depth as Jumpkick. Still, fun for an hour or so.

I’d get the bundle if I didn’t already have all the interesting games. Sigh.

• SingularityParadigm says:

Did you mean Divekick?

• QSpec says:

Oh I love it. It isn’t a game that I play often, but when I get a couple of friends on it, it is some of the most fun I’ve had gaming.

• Warduke says:

Yes, I was thinking of it in the context of a LAN party… it’s a ton of fun to play w friends in a local setting..

3. Just Endless says:

Just wanna leave a comment to vouch for The Beginner’s Guide, considering I couldn’t convince any of my friends to play it. It offers some really beautiful storytelling, and I love it to death.

• Synesthesia says:

+1 to this. Anyone who hasn’t given it a shot yet, should definitely take the plunge now. This guy knows exactly what he’s doing.

• plugmonkey says:

I’d suggest people play it, especially given an opportunity like this, but personally I found it deathly dull and it didn’t really go anywhere.

It worked on a meta level, but it needed to work on it’s own too, and it didn’t. A dry voice over narration carrying a virtually non-existent narrative. It felt like the whole thing needed a couple more drafts to better leverage some nice ideas.

4. fuggles says:

STFU is just amazing. So clever, so playful. Playable with m + kB too.

• Jalan says:

I just picture you grinning slyly at the opportunity to use that acronym.

• fuggles says:

Absolutely, but the game makes no qualms over it being deliberately done. Plus, Zoe from l4d and Saxon hale cannot be wrong!

5. Kolbex says:

Oh man, I love Nuclear Throne, but it’s a bit disingenuous of them to say it’ll never go on sale and then include it in a bundle like this at a discounted price.