Nimble Ninja: N++ Coming To PC Next Week

It’s been over ten years since the ninja of N first got torn to shreds in your incapable, flabby hands. Now, you can put your fist through your screen all over again because N++ [official site], the sequel once exclusive to PlayStation, is finally getting a PC release next Thursday. This one has got a level editor, so that you may torture the rest of humanity with mine-filled challenges never intended to be possible. See it in the trailer below.

If you are the one potato on the planet who did not get enthralled by N’s difficult momentum-centric platforming, I’ll explain. The game has you sprinting, jumping, sliding down walls, and leaping off them again, all in an effort to collect some gold trinkets and get to the exit. There are mines, targeting lasers, missiles, buzzsaws – all the usual nasty things there to kill you. But you biggest enemy is usually your own greasy mitts. It’s the way this ninja controls – slowly building momentum with panicked turning – that makes it unique among those like it.

There are over 2000 levels in this outing, as well as the level editor that lets you create and share your own. So expect a slew – a slew – of downloadable levels made by other masochists like yourself. If you don’t like the idea of competing for times on a leaderboard, there’s local co-op and competitive modes for up to four people too. You can all be frustrated together!

It’s due out on Steam from August 25.

From this site

1. Gurrah says:

Fucking finally. Excuse the language.

2. MajorLag says:

I am tempted. The original flash-based N ate a lot of my time back in the day, but I know there’s no way I’ll be able to bring myself to sink 2000+ levels worth of time in it now. Like most games over 5 hours these days, I’d probably just buy it so my Steam library stays impressively large.

3. Eagle0600 says:

It’s about time :)

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I wonder if the guy who made this thought he would be working on this game for 10 years when he first opened Flash.

Ninja Dodo says:

The way the math on scope explosion usually works out they probably thought it was going to take a couple of months.

Ninja Dodo says:

I might be a potato because I never got into this one. Tried the original N and did not care for the feel of the movement at all… and it’s not like I don’t enjoy difficult platformers. Still, maybe I’ll give it another chance, see if I’ve changed my mind.

Herzog says:

Same for me. Just felt too floaty. Had the same problem with Dustforce. Guess you cannot like everything!