What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

Wotcha, me old cock sparrows. I’m back from my holiday and whatever it is Alec claimed I was up to. Oh. He is a scamp, isn’t he. Well then! Back to the usual business: what are you playing this weekend? Here in the RPS treehouse, we’re mostly clicking on Devil Daggers, Deus Ex, and No Man’s Sky.

Adam: [Given that we sent Adam to Germany this week for Gamescom, I’m guessing/hoping he’s chillaxing to the max. He is excused from submitting a WAWAWPAPWPTW? this weekend. Rest up, champ!]
Alec: I plan to spend the majority of the weekend trying to hack into Graham’s Steam account in order that I can play Deus Ex early. Failing that, I will arrange to have swords implanted into my elbows, catch a ferry to Jersey and then visit Graham’s house. If he’s not, I’ll sit on his sofa, drink his Irn Bru and play that Deus Ex Go thing on my phone until he gets back.
Alice: Since the RPS Summer Games I’ve gotten back into Devil Daggers hard. I’m now a little ashamed of my gold medal-winning performance and have since managed a new best time that’s over forty seconds higher. Forty seconds is a looong time in Devil Daggers but I’m still thirteen seconds behind my highest-scoring pal. To prove I’m still young and vibrant, I must topple the frightful youngster.
Brendan: I’ll be wandering around in Enderal, that giant new Skyrim mod. I’ve played the first hour or so and it is very dark. It only takes about 5 minutes before someone is eating a corpse and screaming at you: “GIVE ME A NICE CRISP PIECE OF MEAT.” Also, I want to briefly revisit Deus Ex: Human Revolution in preparation for the new one. I don’t like Cyber-Adam, I think he’s as dull as a bag of dish cloths. But everyone keeps telling me I am a fool for that, so I am going back to see if I was Wrong All Along.
Graham: My review of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is done, but I’m not done with the game. I want to try missions and side missions in new ways, attempt to succeed in conversations I previously failed, and perhaps be more trigger-happy than my previous sneaky-sneaky, sleepy-sleepy approach to combat. I’ll be interested to see how much the game really changes as a result.
John: Right, well, I should be spending the weekend playing Grow Up to review it, but I think the chances are far more likely that any spare moments will be spent with NMS, for reasons I’m still not sure I can fully justify. I mean, the game isn’t deep enough to justify my wanting to return to it in all my spare moments, and there’s not even close to enough immediate tasks to complete to make this time worthwhile. And yet here I am, on my day off, playing NMS instead of working on Secret Projects like I’m supposed to be.

Philippa: This weekend I will be playing the game of packing a small rucksack comprehensively for a trip that includes time running around with small children, a summer wedding and a trip to a disused power station. It’s fine to wear wedding shoes to a power station, right?

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. SBLux says:

STILL Mad Max because I love it for no particular reason and because I have not cleared every single location yet! Oh and Elite Dangerous because I need something spacey after all this No Man’s Sky attention (I actually think it looks great and will be getting it at some point).

heretic says:

I got into Mad Max again and only realised after a week of playing it again how to do side smashes with the car, no wonder I had such trouble with convoys…

2. GernauMorat says:

I shall be playing “test the limits of the No Man’s Sky profanity filter.” Top tip: “genital” is allowed.

3. cranium1 says:

Looking for some more nice games for the Vive. My friends come over each weekend asking for MOAAR!

particlese says:

I will also be checking out some Vive games this weekend. I got myself “Fancy Skiing VR” because it struck my funny bone (the name, and apparently hitting deer for points), and because it looked more like actual skiing than any of these other actually-fancy-looking ski games lacking in virtual pole usage and packed with stunts, wingsuits, snowboards, and other things I’m not interested in. “La Peri” caught my attention for the music, the visual esthetic (Superhot-ish Tron Legacy), and the “holy cow, it’s John Rhys Davies doing voice-over!”, but I’m not too sure about its being a ballet movement or whatever term is used for that. Not my bag, but I’ll probably check it out regardless. There were also a couple free games which caught my eye, including “Wake Up” and “Acan’s Call”. I completely forget what they’re about, but I’ve downloaded them already…

As always, there will also be Devil Daggers, but sadly (happily?) that’s not a VR game. Now I just need to find recording software which works well on all counts.

particlese says:

All right, so Fancy Skiing is exactly what I expected: amusingly wonky, pretty good controls considering all the wonk (it makes you look like you’re doing pelvic thrusts), and it’s fun in short bursts. La Peri looks neat (there’s also an element of Journey’s wall art in there), does fairly well with branching its recorded music, and was slightly more interactive/gamey than I had expected, but if you’re not into the stage, dance, and/or music aspects, I’m not sure I’d recommend it. Wake Up is “do some prescribed things” puzzle solving with usually minimal/subtle hand holding, and it looks nice. Acan’s Call reminded me a bit of Legend of Zelda somehow, but it didn’t really excite me all that much. I also ended up getting TheBlu because it’s sorta required Vive viewing material, and it was pretty all right — good VR demo material, and you can poke jellyfish!

particlese says:

You may have already played these if you’re hosting VR weekends, but just in case: Check out Waltz of the Wizard and Pool Nation VR. Those are two of my favorite dicking-around simulators which I haven’t heard much buzz about, and the latter can do multiplayer. “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes” is a great multiplayer game if you have another computer or smartphone or printer handy, and Tabletop Simulator is chock full of multiplayer potential, albeit without smartphone and printer options.

4. criskywalker says:

As always Rocket League. I simply can’t stop. Looking forward the new rumble mode.

Maybe some of the new Hearthstone adventure.

And some Spacechem, but I’m afraid of what’s next. Taking my time with it.

5. SBLux says:

I got Savage Lands in a Humble Bundle and that was a great surprise! I’m not really into online gaming but this one really grabbed my attention. It is set in a very harsh cold land where survival really means survival and is carefully designed rather than procedural generated. There are books hidden throughout the landscape that slowly reveal the history of the land and the story you will need to uncover to beat the game. All this and a huge dragon watching your every move, which at some point you are going to have to defeat if you want to leave the island with your life.

Nice surprises like this are one of the best things about gaming :)

6. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

Right at this moment I’m playing How The Fuck Do You Unubscribe From Square Enix’s Emails When Their Unsubcribe Link Still Doesn’t Fucking Work. Bunch of useless twats.

In terms of actual games I’ll almost certainly be playing Total Warhammer. Feel like trying a crooked moon gobba-only campaign.

7. airtekh says:

I started the new DOOM last night, so I guess I’ll be playing that.

It also serves as a road test for my Steam controller; I’ve played a whole bunch of different games with it, but never an FPS, so DOOM is my guinea pig. Intitial thoughts are surprisingly good – it’s a hell of a lot quicker to aim than a joypad, but still not quite as accurate as a mouse. Will fiddle with the settings to see if I can get it more comfortable.

Also relapsed back into Rocket League now that my obsession with Overwatch is cooling down. I think I will wait until the next patch before I play it again. The upcoming nerfs/buffs and the new German map will inevitably draw me back.

8. DanMan says:

I have to admit, I liked the image that Alec posted better. This one’s kinda…. nihilistic?

9. Carra says:

Just left the starting zone in the Witcher 3 so I expect to play some more. Great game to test my new GPU but also, so far, a great game all around.

10. yogibbear says:

No Man’s Sky. 40 hrs in and still going strong!

Lars Westergren says:

Dota2 Battle Cup tonight, look out for our Swedish-British stack “Swedes with tea”. Pillars of Eternity. That’s all I’ll have time for I think.

zinzan says:

Home from a week of “fun”, “games” and BLOODY hard work (Thanks gainful employment :( )
    1. Getting PBeM turns up to date in Combat Mission (CMFI, CMBN & CMFB)
    2.Probably playing some more GTA V (Solo campaign because I only just got it)
    3. Writing Reports on last weeks hell :(
    4. Dunno….

• Thurgret says:

Given Black Sea a go? Not the best Combat Mission (I’d hand that accolade to Fortress Italy) but an interesting change of pace.

zinzan says:

CMBS looks very cool, BUT I’m not a fan of modern warfare sims – probably due to age – :)

What I REALLY want is a Late 70’s early 80’s Western Europe battle sim.

otoh: I don’t own or have any interest in the Eastern Front, despite being very interested in the Operational warfare in this theatre of WWII.

I guess I’m just difficult.

• Thurgret says:

Tactical level eastern front stuff, you mean? I find it’s probably the best setting for theatre level wargames, at least. I tried Combat Mission Red Thunder, and sort of just bounced off. On the flip-side, I rather enjoy Graviteam Tactics (Mius Front’s the one to go for).

I’m not aware of any Cold War European stuff that isn’t either hex-based or more a regular RTS. Maybe a couple more options for outside Europe.

zinzan says:

Sorry need to be clearer – I find operational warfare (both historical and game) more interesting on Eastern Front. Tactically I’m not a real fan of Eastern Front – not sure why?!

As far as 70’s 80’s Cold war Europe is concerned – no I’ve never found a decent Tactical wargame for that period – I’d love Combat Mission NATO vs Warsaw Pact nearly as much as I would love early WWII Combat mission.

Back on topic: I eventually played some Combat Mission and spent rest of day doing the housework mission, followed by being sociable with family DLC.

• Thurgret says:

Though I realise it’s rather wide of the mark, being both almost a decade later than the period you want, in the wrong continent, and involving next to no western European equipment, how about Graviteam Tactics: Operation Hooper? With the caveat that it requires Operation Star (a WW2 eastern front game), which I can’t recommend getting at full price.

13. UniuM says:

I’m going to play planetbase that came with one of the last humble bundles. And in between some of Nuclear Throne, because i can’t play more than 40min at a time.

14. Mud says:

No Man’s Sky and F1 2016

15. lglethal says:

I will be playing the waiting game for DX:MD. Why the bloody hell would you have the release day as a Tuesday????

But in the meantime, I will be playing some of the Watch_Dogs Bad Blood DLC, and probably going back and trying to 100% Rise of the Tomb Raider. Just doing the various challenges and side tombs is so much fun, worth going back for… :)

• Sin Vega says:

Easier on servers and support staff, and gives them a few days for an emergency patch if it’s needed before the horde descends for the weekend.

• lglethal says:

True. But I just feel like complaining since it means I will have to wait until next weekend to give it a go (I dont really have time during ther week to play). Well at least it should mean they get all the day 1 patches sorted before I get to the game. :)

16. Mi-24 says:

Celebrating A level results, crying about Deus Ex not being out yet as well as some more of the new episode of Hitman (Which I notice neither RPS nor PC gamer have reviewed or even mentioned) which is pretty good (fancy new pistol!)

17. tnzk says:

The Banner Saga…. on my phone.

Also staring at my Steam list pretending that I’m going to play one game on the backlog. Anyone played that game? How far did you get?

• criskywalker says:

All the time. Sometimes I imagine that I’m playing a game. I almost get to press the Play button. Then I go back to Rocket League and Hearthstone.

• ezro says:

Banner Saga’s great! I initially dismissed it because the reviews made it sound a bit like a JRPG – mostly the mentions of repetitive and grindy battles dissuaded me. That said, when I finally gave it a try, I got so absorbed by the story that I finished the first one and the sequel in just three days. Both the universe and world of the game are highly unique – at least as far as PC gaming goes. The format might be more popular in mobile gaming, but I haven’t got much experience in that.

• tnzk says:

It really is a good game. It’s got what I like about Bioware games without the stuff I don’t like about Bioware games.

Aitrus says:

Brendan?! Hi!

The usual Overwatch and Rocket League here. Maybe a smattering of Knee Deep.

19. Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

Brigador, motherfucker! Also, some Far Cry: Blood Dragon.

Basically, my weekend will contain slightly more neon lights and electronic music, but slightly less city blocs razed, than Alice’s average Friday night.

20. aircool says:

I’ll be trying to avoid playing NMS because I can’t stop playing it. I started a new game of Skyrim whilst waiting for the PC version to be released, but haven’t managed to tear myself away from NMS since I got it.

With the house to myself this weekend, I think I’ll grab my White Falcon and play at being Billy Duffy (or Bill-eh Duff-eh-ya for those who know him).

Finally, I’ll be playing ‘WTF Arsenal?’ as we start the season in the traditional way.

21. zsd says:

I emerge from the New Vegas bunker, blinking in the sun. Thanks for the memories, Ace. You found many skill books.

I had hoped to start in on Wolfenstein: The New Order but it’s proving to be just a little too much for my potato to run it enjoyably. So I’ll be picking through my backlog for a little bit.

Herzog says:

Confined to laptop gaming for the next weeks. Started a new round of Dungeons of Dredmor. Currently on level 4. Warrior build using only melee combat. Furthest level I reached was level 6, will try to beat it. Even though I heard Lord Dredmor eats melee builds for breakfast…

23. Barberetti says:

No Man’s Sky, and HOLY FUCK are those journey milestone accomplished messages annoying! Ooooh congratulations, you’ve travelled another 50 yards! Like I give a shit. Get that achievements garbage out of my face.

Just as annoying is the CONSTANT FUCKING NAGGING from that blue text box on the bottom right. I’ve already resorted to sticking a piece of cardboard over it.

Having said that, my only info about this game was from an interview with one of the devs back in 2013, and yeah, it’s pretty much what I was expecting, and I’m having a good time with it. Could do with an automated refiller/charger for the life support though.

Vandelay says:

I’ll be playing the non-PC game Uncharted 4, which I am pretty close to finishing. I would say it is certainly the best in the series, taking everything learned from the previous games (as well as Last of Us,) and perfecting it. Even the combat sections allow you to approach in multiple ways most of the time, no longer just simply giving a wink to stealth. I reckon there are even a few sections that you could ghost your way through, which is surprising for a Tomb Raider clone. The vehicle sections have also been vastly improved, with them no longer being the linear “interactive” cutscenes they were before, but much more open and closer to the buggy sections to Half Life 2 than anything else.

Still, it is Uncharted. If you don’t like that sort of thing you aren’t going to feel differently about this one. Lots of over the top action set pieces that don’t offer huge amounts of control and jumping sequences that are somewhere between traditional Tomb Raider and Assassin’s Creed, filled with scripted sequences of falling off things. It is all just done to a much higher quality than before.

Besides that, I hope to play some Dota 2 and get a few more challenges done with the Spellbinder. Been having a bit of mixed run recently, but seems to be picking up a bit again.

Also downloaded DX:HR the other day, which I have been meaning to replay before getting the new one (undecided if I will get it when I get around to upgrading or if I will just get it on the PS4.) Only briefly played the opening prologue and level. Not actually played it since I originally got it many years ago. I will be interested to see how it has aged and how it compares to something like Dishonoured, which is the only other modern game that has really done much with the Deus Ex lineage.

Vandelay says:

And that is Uncharted 4 finished. Rather lovely ending to a cracking game. Clearly there has been so much care and attention lavished on it, and there is a lot of love from the developers for these characters.

25. NetharSpinos says:

XCOM 2, Total Warhammer, GTA Online!

Sunrider: Liberation Day lurks nearby, but is yet denied. It watches patiently, and waits for its hour of triumph.

No Man’s Sky is considered, then discarded; its cost too high.

The New Order and The Old Blood are weighed carefully, and a note is made. “Soon” it reads.

In the darkness, Deus Ex stirs…

26. Shazbut says:

I’m playing Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight.

It’s great.

27. fish99 says:

Finished the new Doom this week. It was solid rather than great. Better than Doom 3, but it didn’t quite have the Doom/Doom 2 magic.

The main problem is it was all arenas. I get that Doom has always had monster closets, or trapped you with enemies, or teleported enemies on you, but most enemies were encountered just in the level by exploring, and most of the time you weren’t locked in. The new one, some of the levels were literally just one arena into the next and then the next.

It was all wave based too. It felt quite formulaic, the way imps would always spawn to give you easy glory kills to let you survive the long arena fights, the way every arena fight would end with Barons etc. You could also tell when the next arena fight was imminent just by the shape of the room.

I also think some of the weapons were a bit off – awkward to use, especially before you upgraded them, and some of the enemies weren’t fun to fight. Plus the glory kill system forced you into one way of playing. Also checkpoints, too many falls to your death, not being able to go back and look for secrets often etc.

Still though, a good game and a solid effort. Dunno what’s up next.

• Unsheep says:

I had the same problem with the game. The level design in the new Doom felt too simplistic for a Doom game, which were all rather complex (aside from Doom 3). It made Doom 2016 feel more like a Serious Sam game, which in theory is not a bad thing since I like Serious Sam … yet it’s not what I’m looking for in a Doom game.

The gaming media certainly gave Doom 2016 a “free pass” on this issue. I don’t think think they really looked at the level design.

• fish99 says:

Yeah I was talking to my brother about the level design a few days ago and also likened it to Serious Sam. I feel like there wasn’t enough strategy in how you played the game, like the pacing varied a lot more in the original games, whereas the new one forced you to be aggressive the whole time.

I think it got a free ride because people just had low expectations, after Doom 3, and especially after the multiplayer beta.

28. PanFaceSpoonFeet says:

I’ll be playing my new free windows 10 exclusive game: “Trying to get shadowplay to produce smooth videos”.. bah. I fell for it.. upgraded last minute, didn’t I.. … ..Bah!

• Creeping Death says:

Roll it back! That way you can use your preferred previous OS and still have a key for Windows 10 for whenever you want to annoy yourself again!

29. Jeroen D Stout says:

More Populous: The Beginning. It is really great. I had a 40-minute match which left the whole landscape littered with jags and smoke plumes, with villagers desperately trying to rebuild their towers.

30. Creeping Death says:

I’ll be trying Titanfall 2 on my Playbox thingy. I dont really know why… I wasnt that fussed on the original and everything I’ve heard about this one is that it’s somehow inferior but… it’s there and I dont really have any other options so…

Also playing the game of “Man, I really liked HR and the preorder deals for Mankind Divided are pretty good… hmm” over and over again. I more than likely wont preorder but the temptation is definitely strong.

31. Unsheep says:

‘The Dig’ and ‘Police Quest’ on PC.

‘Dakar 2’ and ‘Indycar Series 2005’ on the PS2.

I hope to finish up ‘Shardlight’ this weekend.

Ben King says:

MGSV because I just started it a few weeks ago and I’m still having a blast choking dudes. Just captured Quiet and my pooch is just now grown up enough to ride in the chopper with Snake. Looking forward to playing with him and smoke grenades this weekend. Also I captured a guy code named DEATH PLATYPUS!!!
    Fingers crossed I have some time for The Long Dark, but my play sessions with that one have reliably started out tranquil then rapidly dissolved into a desperate 2 hr marathon fight for survival that leaves me mentally wiped… I know the solution to this is to simply play and learn more, but I know I need a good block of time for it.

• criskywalker says:

I simply stopped playing after capturing Quiet a few months ago. I would like to go back to it, but felt a bit burnt-out by repetition.

Ben King says:

it IS starting to feel repetitive, but I think that’s because i have just one playstyle that I adhere to and I neglect to spice things up. i’m still opening up new Afghanistan areas and there are still tools I haven’t unlocked yet, and others I haven’t used at all (C4, Decoys, flare & smoke grenades leap to mind). Soldiers with helmets are seriously effing up my headshot tranq strategy so I have some exciting times trying to counter that, and the bonus mission goals should be kinda fun to get into as I unlock more stuff.

• Mi-24 says:

Do play around with all the tools and weapons and mess around with the AI a bit, try capturing an outpost with just a cardboard box and a non lethal shotgun for example.

I’ve really got a lot more fun from the game by doing ridiculous stuff other than tranquilizing everyone from afar with silent sniper rifle, as soon as you have money to spend and are getting bored try out some interesting weapon combos.

33. gabrielonuris says:

Still, Wasteland 2… I like that game, but damn, why it had to be soooo big, I’m already fed up by its gameplay as a whole. I just wanna finish it and move on, I’m not even reading the broadcasts anymore, neither the useless descriptions, and I’m starting to don’t give a flying duck for the dialogs. Enough with the excessive exposition in games, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Herzog says:

I also couldn’t finish it in one go. Completed Arizona, once I arrived in California I had to take a break for some months.

• gabrielonuris says:

I’m thinking of doing that, but I have a serious problem with games I stop playing, that is: I rarely come back again, and when I do, I have to start over because I don’t have a single clue of what I was doing.

AutonomyLost says:

I’ll be playing “dial-in *subjectively* perfect guitar tones* in preparation for beginning to record this week. The new Mac is such a beautiful platform on which to do just that.

Annnnd, The Witcher 3’s Blood and Wine DLC. I’ve a lot yet to do. And it’s all getting very exciting having gotten two pieces of Grandmaster-level gear today. That stuff is expensive.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

The new Hitman which I picked up this week after NMS didn’t prove to be anything that would hold my attention for long. Right now doing the Marrakesh mission. I like it so far even though it can be a little wonky at times. I hate security cameras. They seem to exist solely for the purpose of forcing you to load your auto-save over and over and over again. The DX12 is pretty nice but makes the game prone to freezes and graphical glitches.

And No Man’s Sky. It’s working now after a patch and I want to discover some more creatures after seeing other people’s monstrosities.

36. Zenicetus says:

I finished setting up a new computer, and the old one might work for in-house co-op gaming. My wife and I haven’t done that for a few years now, although we used to spend a lot of time doing things like Baldur’s Gate up through WoW before we bailed.

So I’ll be reviewing some candidates for that. Portal 2 for sure, maybe Dead Island, possibly Diablo 3. Divinity Original Sin is a strong candidate too. I bounced off the middle of the game in singleplayer, but it might be more fun in co-op.

No Man’s Sky is on hold, waiting to see if it’s ever developed into something more interesting. I finally managed to upgrade my ship, but if I want to spend time grinding for better ships, I might as well do that in Elite:D. The breadcrumb trail to the center of the Galaxy and fleshing out the alien stories just wasn’t enough motivation for the amount of resource/crafting grind. Maybe if the environments had been less repetitive, once you see enough of them? I dunno. It’s a terrific tech demo, not so great as a game.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Uplay has Rayman: Origins for free right now which is a great co-op game.

• Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

The current Humble Indie Bundle has two fantastic games specifically for local co-op: Lovers in a dangerous spacetime and Octodad. The first is very intense and tactical despite its lovely aesthetic and the second one is just hilariously silly.

37. April March says:

Enemy, the bizarre, hiper-difficult, self-referential XCom-like. I’m more or less in love with it, despite all the times I accidentally collapsed a ceiling on top of myself.

38. malkav11 says:

More Hex: Shards of Fate, I expect. Still need one more Brewmaster Buzzlebeard and the equipment, and I finally put together a top-tier arena deck so I can get to farming me some chest-spinning gold from there. Already got my first perfect clear with it. Not too shabby. It’s such an absorbing, awesome game and I feel like I’m the only one playing it. -sigh- (I mean, there’s clearly an active playerbase, I just never see anyone discussing it outside of the game’s own chat or official forums and a little bit of activity in the relevant thread on SomethingAwful. Given how much talk Hearthstone gets, a game I don’t think is half as good, I find it rather disheartening.)

I found out some rather disturbing things in my last Zero Time Dilemma session and should get back to that, as well. And perhaps try out some of the games from the latest couple of Humble Bundles, since I did purchase them and all.

39. Gomer_Pyle says:

I will be playing some Shadow of Mordor as well as trying out Open Beta for Of Kings and Men (formerly Melee: Batttlegrounds). If you have ever played Mount & Blade: Warband then you’ll be able to catch on to the system for OKAM quite quickly.

40. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

I will and am playing the fun game of recovering from a wedding hangover. Too sick for games. Maybe some NMS tomorrow. The cracks are starting to show but the compulsions still there. Everytime I think I’ve seen everything, something new appears

41. LennyLeonardUK says:

The usual mix of Overwatch & Rocket League for me. I’ve got a decent Greenskins campaign going on Total Warhammer and I’m also contemplating another run through of Bioshock Infinite. I completed the main game but never got around to doing the DLC packs.

I have a week off work coming soon so I’m planning on holding back on DE:MD until then. Also, DX12 will be patched in by then so I can play it in all it’s glory. So I’m hoping a second run through of Bioshock will suffice for now.

42. Czrly says:

I am presently drinking Bavarian beer and playing Unepic… I am honestly not sure why I am playing Unepic. I have just defeated not-medusa and expect that I am nearing the end. I think I want to know what’s going on and the game-play is certainly fun. Some of the bosses are just grand. (I also discovered the developer’s sequel, Ghost 1.0, through Unepic’s menu. It looks really intriguing – a natural progression for the devs.. Was it ever covered by RPS?)

When the night has progressed far enough, I’ll probably move back to Dreamfall: Chapters, my current story fix. I am in Book 3 and it just keeps getting better and better. I recently re-played the predecessors, back-to-back, and literally launched Chapters as soon as I finished the middle one so it was a bit of a jarring start but… I’m hooked. It’s like a well written novel, but a choose-your-own-adventure too, with a great premise and… yeah… loving it.

I *might* pick up my Sunless Sea lineage.

I also started Dishonoured for the first time, recently, and that is also grand. It’s at a logical place to pause my campaign, however, and I cannot tear my mind off Dreamfall so Dishonoured will likely wait.

43. Morcane says:

It’s a spacey weekend: No Man’s Sky, Elite: Dangerous and trying to get the hang of Star Citizen but I find the controls really confusing.

44. geldonyetich says:

I’m with Brendan in giving Human Revolution a replay before the new one comes out. I got as far as China before I ran out of time this weekend.

Sadly, I failed to find my stereographic glasses so I was unable to experience it in full 3D.

Big Dunc says:

I completed The Talos Principle on Friday and am now halfway through Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet. I’m really enjoying it and am pleased that point and click adventures are enjoying something of an indie renaissance. After that, I might give Distant Worlds another go, but I keep bouncing off it for some reason.

46. RaymondQSmuckles says:

Nox is free on Origin, and Rayman Origins is free on UPlay, so I’m trying those out. Nox has grabbed me more than I thought, and is providing the experience I was hoping for from “The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing”, which I promptly deleted.

Once I found out that Mad Max and Shadows of Mordor require more DX horsepower than my poor little laptop can provide (the games flat out don’t run at all), I went back to older stuff, like Uplink. Also, Transmissions: Element 120 has already proven itself worthy of further play.

Captain Narol says:

No Man’s Sky : Best Jetpack walking Simulator ever !

Honestly, I can understand why some hardcore gamers don’t get it, as it’s not really a game (ultralight gameplay, clonky fighting and flying, optional story, no real challenge) but rather a fascinating journey, especially if you take the time to walk around and explore just for the sake of it…

Cycling Manager : Best biking simulator around, despise its flaws

Tyto Ecology : More plant & animal species in each biome that in any planet in NMS, connected by a real ecology !

Edski says:

Monster Hunter. And maybe some Enderal (why does it sound like an ADHD medication, that was not necessary but whatever and stuff).

49. pertusaria says:

Getting a bit more time in with Lumo – it’s got to a frustrating level for me in terms of the jump puzzles, but hasn’t got to the point where I can’t make any progress. It’s really neat and I don’t want to let it fall off my in-play list.

Also played some Bubble Bobble on the NES.

50. Barberetti says:

Yes! YESSSSS! I can finally craft suspension fluid!

Comment on this story